Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 12.4.4

[DE]darryl1

Really? Which mission? I have stumbled across a door and broken lights in a regular mission in Uranus, so I start to believe these start happening after a certain base level of the mission.

Edit: the sensor being obscured buy a metal beam seemingly right in front of it? You need to get pretty close to the door, and have a narrow point of view from down under. Or was the sensor inside the doorframe?

this issue happens too with the double lock type panels in many maps.

the tiles have pillars that are very close to the door unlock panels, making it kinda annoying to open..

You fail to realize that such a bandaid fix was never intended nor required to fix the rushing. Or rather, if it was intended, then it came from a completely wrong train of thought. The issue of rushing comes from a different deficit.

The broken lights are a non-issue for new players since these lights and doors appear no sooner than the 4th planet or something the like.

The main issue with broken lights is their lacking visibility. An environmental hazard which zaps you when you are not even able to SEE it in the first place, isn't okay. The damage would be okay if it was SCALING and not a fixed ~300. The next issue with the doorscanners is, that they are sometimes obstructed by a beam which prevents you from shooting it prematurely, which stands in stark contrast to the readily available Corpus cameras.

The only fun thing with broken lights is, since they are environmental damage, they hurt enemies as well, despite only Tenno are able to trigger it (haven't seen NPC allies trigger it so far)

Agree on this, there are sometime "lamps" in very hidden angles that still zapp you thru walls.

Edited by Cesarin

4 hotfixes in and you still haven't removed the cancerous light traps.

No one likes it. Remove it. It doesn't add to the gameplay. In fact, its also a lawsuit waiting to happen. It can easily cause epilepsy, and damage eyes due to the huge contrast between being blinded by white light and dimly lit rooms. Even CS's flashbangs weren't this bad.

Edit: I'm just going to throw this out there, but considering that the lights do 300 damage flat, which is a LOT, the "damaged" lights shouldn't be flickering. In fact, if its arcing like that, it would be glowing as bright as the sun due to either overamperage or overvoltage. And even if the load itself (in this case, the lightbulb) is being overloaded, the most that happens is that it burns out, and the load would not operate in any circumstance, though arcing would still occur if the voltage is high enough to jump a gap. Even then it wouldn't jump to a warframe, due to electricity always flowing in the path of least resistance, which would be the wiring itself, unless of course, the warframe is made out of highly conductive material. The only time it would is if we stuck our heads between the two open points.

Tl;dr, both the implication and the concept of the broken light traps are downright wrong.

Edited by goozilla

No one likes it. Remove it. It doesn't add to the gameplay. In fact, its also a lawsuit waiting to happen. It can easily cause epilepsy, and damage eyes due to the huge contrast between being blinded by white light and dimly lit rooms. Even CS's flashbangs weren't this bad.

Oh, hi there.

Also, +1.

Oh, hi there.

Also, +1.

+2

this issue happens too with the double lock type panels in many maps.

the tiles have pillars that are very close to the door unlock panels, making it kinda annoying to open..

Agree on this, there are sometime "lamps" in very hidden angles that still zapp you thru walls.

Really? Which mission? I have stumbled across a door and broken lights in a regular mission in Uranus, so I start to believe these start happening after a certain base level of the mission.

Edit: the sensor being obscured buy a metal beam seemingly right in front of it? You need to get pretty close to the door, and have a narrow point of view from down under. Or was the sensor inside the doorframe?

The mission was Keeler... and yeah, the sensor was completely obscured.

Я так понимаю тут большинство Американцы но все же скажу это обновление которое добавило лампочки бьющиеся током ужасно они так бесят что просто нахер хочется удалить игру и забыть про неё!

The mission was Keeler... and yeah, the sensor was completely obscured.

Ah, Survival, yes. Figures.

Apollodorus does not have broken lights. A Grineer Alert on Venus has broken lights. Certain missions on Saturn have Broken lights, but some don't.

It seems to have something to do with a mix of Base difficulty and map difficulty. You know, the rating they give the mission if you hit the escape key and see it on the left of the menu. Based on these numbers this apparently affects density and appearance of broken lights.

Я так понимаю тут большинство Американцы но все же скажу это обновление которое добавило лампочки бьющиеся током ужасно они так бесят что просто нахер хочется удалить игру и забыть про неё!

Translation: Light traps suck.

Agreed. DE remove freaking light traps!

Edited by MaxFable

Just remove the damn lights until you can fix:

- Lights in starting room killing people before they've loaded in

- Lights in nightmare mode - see above particularly

- Lights impossible to see/target due to being under decorative objects

- Lights spawning in areas where they're impossible to see before they target the user (behind doorways etc)

- Lights doing far too much damage

- Lights spawning excessively in many rooms

In fact, just remove the lights altogether. They're cheap, infuriating and add absolutely nothing worthwhile. Seriously, an explosive damage band-aid is the least of our issues.

Couldn't said it better mate

People getting death-zapped? Watch this "so nice" spawn issue:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/193552-hotfix-1244/?p=2248256

I noticed that too, not sure what caused it but Void maps became almost twice slower for me

Try to lower or turn off Bloom and Local Reflection.

DE is "tweaking" those renders every time ...

Most of the framedrops started with U11. What happened? Slightly visible fog in Void missions. Used to 120 FPS+, getting now barely 50FPS.

Yeah, the flash hurts my eyes!

I didn't find out about these things untill yesterday.

I never knew what they were, untill today someone said broken lights.

hqdefault.jpg

Please, for the love of god listen to this man.

Edit: I'm just going to throw this out there, but considering that the lights do 300 damage flat, which is a LOT, the "damaged" lights shouldn't be flickering. In fact, if its arcing like that, it would be glowing as bright as the sun due to either overamperage or overvoltage. And even if the load itself (in this case, the lightbulb) is being overloaded, the most that happens is that it burns out, and the load would not operate in any circumstance, though arcing would still occur if the voltage is high enough to jump a gap. Even then it wouldn't jump to a warframe, due to electricity always flowing in the path of least resistance, which would be the wiring itself, unless of course, the warframe is made out of highly conductive material. The only time it would is if we stuck our heads between the two open points.

Tl;dr, both the implication and the concept of the broken light traps are downright wrong.

I definitely agree with the lights needing to be removed.

However comparing what happens in a game to reality is just silly. The game already defies the laws of science as is, I don't think a supernatural lightbulb is anything to go on a tangent about.

However comparing what happens in a game to reality is just silly. The game already defies the laws of science as is, I don't think a supernatural lightbulb is anything to go on a tangent about.

It is a Grineer lightbulb. If it was a Tenno or Orokin lightbulb, I'd side with you. Not with a Grineer one though, as they are far from supernatural or weirdly technologically advanced to count as such.

Plus, realism != realistic behaviour. The former isn't required. The latter helps to make the feel more plausible and improve immersion.

Edited by Khunvyel

Im pretty sure its a TRAP. Labeling it electric death zapper might tip you off? The grineer have only been getting massacred every minute of every hr for over a year on their ships/planets/settlements... Maybe someone in engineering was like " This sucks for us....hey look electric death zappers! I'm probably gonna need to hide these electric death zapper...look an empty socket.... perfect."  I hope the bright flash being fixed is still effective but not as bright and the damage scales down for lower level planets...