Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 12.4.4

[DE]darryl1

Also, kind of unsure as to why the Grineer aren't carrying around these Broken Lights as weapons, since their lights do more damage than their guns. Color me confused.

(Also, don't get any ideas and start having the Grineer carry the lights around and constantly blinding us. Pretty please just get rid of them til you tweak the flash and damage to reasonable levels)

It is a Grineer lightbulb. If it was a Tenno or Orokin lightbulb, I'd side with you. Not with a Grineer one though, as they are far from supernatural or weirdly technologically advanced to count as such.

Plus, realism != realistic behaviour. The former isn't required. The latter helps to make the feel more plausible and improve immersion.

I'd side with you on the fact that it's a Grineer lightbulb... but, you know, windows get blown out and nobody gets sucked out or passes out from lack of oxygen, Grineer Flameblades teleporting around for seemingly no reason, Venus is totally a planet you can walk around on without getting melted, some of the Grineer bosses like Ruk and Kril are practically frikkin' wizards, and so on. I'd get it if it was something more akin to Dark Souls that's aiming for super-realism within a fantasy universe, but Warframe? In the realism/science/physics department, Warframe isn't exactly a game I can take seriously.

But, differing opinions and such, I can understand the realistic/immersion side of it.

I'd side with you on the fact that it's a Grineer lightbulb... but, you know, windows get blown out and nobody gets sucked out or passes out from lack of oxygen, Grineer Flameblades teleporting around for seemingly no reason, Venus is totally a planet you can walk around on without getting melted, some of the Grineer bosses like Ruk and Kril are practically frikkin' wizards, and so on. I'd get it if it was something more akin to Dark Souls that's aiming for super-realism within a fantasy universe, but Warframe? In the realism/science/physics department, Warframe isn't exactly a game I can take seriously.

But, differing opinions and such, I can understand the realistic/immersion side of it.

I cannot help but jump it, because you wrote so nicely :D (( that was me being serious ))

Windows blown and nobody getting sucked out is a thing, yes. From a game perspective though, more often than not the enemies shoot the damn glass when you don't want to... so you would like to spend a revive / failed mission just because the AI can't aim properly? *chuckle* I always imagined that it is just a tiny hole and not an entire glass front failing, because deepspace construction would require the glass to stay as fixed as possible so there is actually time to get the shutters down. Passing out from oxygen is another thing though. Don't know about the life support of Tenno, Corpus are likely to have breathing masks under the helmet, and many Grineer probably just need to put down their visor to close the helmet.

Grineer Flameblades teleporting around is something I always found stupid, to be fair. I hope with Melee 2.0 they get a massive long range charge attack, perhaps even a model overhaul with rocket boots. What I dislike most of them though is... they are called flameblades and use a stun baton...? For now, I just imagine they catch me unaware. Apparently they do have some tech on personal teleportation though, since Grineer Commanders can do the swap like Loki. I'm uncertain of what to make of it though.

Venus being a planet we can walk on might as well just be terraforming, because we don't actually know how much time really passed since then. But that is just a justification for what they have actually done; they did one outdoor set that was used for all outdoor Corpus planets first. Looking at Jupiter and Earth, I am very sure that Venus will get it's own overhaul, and the ice world was meant for a different planet if all things are mapped out.

Intersecting with talking about planets and oxygen; how they can cut off life support on a planet, is beyond me :3

How is Sargas Ruk a wizard? Okay, I know where you come from. His complete armor immunity might seem a bit fishy, and him borrowing Ember's "World on Fire" seems a bit too obvious. I imagine that he is channelling fire downwards through the grate and they just come out through different openings. At least it helps in my mind!

And no, of course, Warframe has a lot more soft-scifi than anything else but to be honest, I've seen a lot worse! :D