Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just Hit Rank 2 Looking For Weapon Advice.

Guest RichRuzz

Question

Guest RichRuzz

I use primarily my Ash, I just bought a Boltor I believe it was called, just looking for suggestions for a melee/secondary weapon that would be optimal together. (I got purchased money to spend also)

17 answers to this question

Guest RichRuzz

I was thinking possibly Gram, would you say Gram or DHS? And any suggested 2ndary weapon to go along with my Boltor?

Guest RichRuzz

Alrighty, leaning towards the Gram... and pistols I guess I should wait on? I definitely like the Boltor but want to compliment it with my other weapons.

With the boltor as your primary, the Lex or Kraken is a good complementary pistol (prefer the lex), as reggs said. The boltor has armor ignoring meat grinding goodness at short to mid range, and you'll need something with excellent long range accuracy at times.

Guest RichRuzz

Alrighty doing the Boltor/Lex and any final suggestions on a melee weapon to accompany that setup? (also frame suggestion? Been using Ash not sure if it's optimal)

Alrighty doing the Boltor/Lex and any final suggestions on a melee weapon to accompany that setup? (also frame suggestion? Been using Ash not sure if it's optimal)

Dual Heat Swords. They work best with Ash since he is so mobile. Gram is very very slow at low.

Guest RichRuzz

Yeah, got the Gram and the DHS, DEFINITELY prefer the DHS they seem a lot stronger and faster. Not sure anymore if I should be using Ash or Loki though.

The Gram's strength is in the charge attack. Pump up the charge damage mod to max, and increase your charge speed. Also your melees don't get interrupted so going into the meat grinder of infested chargers is less likely to result in you being chain-staggered to death.

Guest RichRuzz

Ooooooo so you can't get knocked down during the charge? That might be relevant to my interests. Also could you guys suggest a good frame to go with this weapon setup? Boltor/Lex/ DHS (or Gram now that I know that) Possibly HEK and another 2ndary if you guys suggest it when they are available. Was thinking on Migrating from Ash his abilities are too hit or mist.. how is Frost or Loki? Or others. :P

you CAN get knocked down during the charge

heavy weapons (ie gram/scindo/fragor/amphis) have a feature that you cant be staggered while swinging them during their regular attack animations

NOT their charge up swings, ALL melee can be knocked out of the charging animation (gram is the fastest of the hvy wpns for both regular swings and chrg i believe however, but it also has the shortest range to boot)

all frames and weapon combos are badass, there is no best (there are more optimal builds, like covering all ranges and having a tool for each faction, but other than that, it's all good)

The Frost and Rhino are bruisers made for defense (though Frost is more multirole than Rhino).

The Ash is an offensive Warframe. The three have different playstyles so it's hard to compare them.

Edited by Kanaris

Agree with cyberpunk, frames are pretty well balanced and it's more about finding your preferred style than any "best" that's out there.

Also yeah what he said re: the charge attack. I was saying the actual melees (non-charge) on the gram don't get staggered. Sorry for the confusion. I have adopted a run/charge style designed to bring me out of the range of chargers and then back into range when the charge is being unleashed, but you can also do swinging melees with the gram to prevent any staggers while you clear a path out.

Guest RichRuzz

Any suggested frame I should be focusing on though? Loving my Boltor but may switch to a HEK when the time comes, 2ndary I'm not sure but may keep the Lex and tossup between the DHS and Gram most likely still. (DHS is still okay later right?) Some of Ash's abilities just didn't seem as useful like the Shuriken, the hit or miss ultimate slash, the TP is nice and so is the smoke though.

I never use Shuriken, personally. Mainly because it's impossible for me to hit anything that's not bus-sized. Also, I run with only 100 power, relying instead on weapons. But the blade storm ultimate is one of the best ultimates out there. Aim for an opponent in a crowd of enemies and let loose. You're invincible long enough for your shields to recharge, you kill most things in one shot, and you can also clear out security cams and turrets on corpus levels. The key is aiming for something that is in the middle of a bunch of enemies, to maximize your kills.

Edit: Rhino is as good a second warframe to get as any. Having one in your inventory means you can always fill that role in a group if needed, and it's satisfying to sit in a boss's face and take everything they can throw at you without blinking.

Edited by Yorinar