Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Worth It To Become A Founder?

TheG4Gaming

Question

I am thinking about becoming a founder, the 20 dollar one. I really like this game and ive been playing it for 5 days now. But is it worth it to become a founder? On the site it says that founders receive Platinum discounts, but how high are the discounts? What are all the benefits from becoming a founder? I really need to know this since ive already bought 2 games this month and im wondering if its worth the trouble to convince my parents to let me become a founder.

Thanks in advance.

7 answers to this question

Well if you buy the Hunter> Grand Master pack, you get an exclusive warframe and possibly exclusive melee weapon and gun. Outside of that, there have been no exclusive founder features released yet. Who knows, they might release some soon since Open Beta just opened.

If you enjoy the game, I think it is worth it. Concerning Platinum discounts, you do get quite a bit more from buying founders than from just buying the platinum.

Disciple: $20 gives you 370 Platinum. Spending $20 (2 of the $9.99) in the store would give you 340

Hunter: $50 gives you 1220 Platinum. Spending $50 in the store would give you 1000

Master: $100 gives you 3210 Platinum. Spending $100 in the store would give you 2100

Grand Master: $250 gives you 8875 Platinum. Spending $250 (2 $100 and one $50) in the store would give you 4300

There is not an ongoing platinum discount, just what I mentioned above.

Like Vanadrek said, if you get Hunter or better, you get in game items. If you are Master or Grandmaster, you get access to the Design Council. The Design Council is a section of the forums where the devs post information before releasing it to everyone and there have been some polls about naming new Warframes and such. Also, if you are a Grandmaster, you get your name on one of the missions.

Another benefit is knowing that you supported a game that you enjoy playing :D

Yeah, it is alot. For me, it was a little bit impulsive, and probably not the smartest financial decision, but whatevs. I would definitely recommend at least the $50 dollars, since that is about what you'd pay for a good game nowadays anyways. And the $100 dollars is what you'd pay for a special edition

Yeah.. I've purchased the Master version, already threw 150 dollars into this game already (50 dollars of plat coins byaccident) so.. that already beats newly released gamed of 59.99 (68.98), so eh.. 150 more for a title beside my name doesn't seem worth it. However, I'll make use of my founder's version.