Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Friend Can't Play Grineer Tile Sets Any More Due To His Epilepsy.

Poptartz

Sup forums, as you read in the title one of my friends has epilepsy which is affected by the new grineer lights. Currently he is in mod que which means he can't post this himself until a mod gets on but this is a very important subject matter so I figured I'd post it for him.

Currently all grineer tiles with the new lights are unplayable for him due to his epilepsy. He gets horrible migranes which stops him from progressing through the level. The new lights should be looked at ASAP to avoid possible seizures from him and other people afflicted with epilepsy. The last thing we need is someone dropping dead trying to farm for detron.

I'm not suffering from epilepsy, but I can somewhat relate. The constant flickering gets pretty annoying for me.

This "environmental hazard" should perform like the others: fire, atmos. vent, and cryogenic leak, IMO.

Edited by Trowicia

I really hope Poptartz's friend is alright, and I really feel for him with the epilepsy and all.

However, there have been quite a few topics about the broken lights already, both design-wise and graphically.

There hasn't been much word from DE about it at all, though. I hope Poptartz's friend doesn't get a seizure.

As with all "My friend" stories, they should be the one contacting mods/support/the forums.

Assuming you're serious, of course.

He's currently in mod que which prevents him from freely posting on the forums otherwise he wouldn't have asked for help. This is a serious topic that does need to be looked at for the player bases' health.

As with all "My friend" stories, they should be the one contacting mods/support/the forums.

Assuming you're serious, of course.

Why? Doesnt matter who puts it to DE's attention, as long as they get notified. This isnt a support ticket....

I do hope they deal with this, but DE seems to take their time when it comes to dealing with people with medical conditions. Hell I'm pretty sure they still haven't added that color blind mode they promised like 6 months ago.

Why? Doesnt matter who puts it to DE's attention, as long as they get notified. This isnt a support ticket....

Support tickets can also take a long time to go through and actually reach the devs. This is instant and a large amount of people capable of contacting said devs actively read the forums. Time can be important when it comes to people's conditions.

I agree.

It was a dumb addition to the game.

I literally cant believe they all sat at the office table talking about these lights saying oh wow,

This is a fantastic idea.

NO DE this was a terrible move awful no im not defending on this one

I refuse to play any grineer tileset until this is fixed.

I dont want to be scared to turn a corner in every match i play to trigger my epilepsy and have my room mate find me twitching on the floor.

Come on DE. Jeez

It's a logical fallacy:

"[Appealing] to emotion include appeals to fear, envy, hatred, pity, pride, and more. It's important to note that sometimes a logically coherent argument may inspire emotion or have an emotional aspect, but the problem and fallacy occurs when emotion is used instead of a logical argument, or to obscure the fact that no compelling rational reason exists for one's position. Everyone, bar sociopaths, is affected by emotion, and so appeals to emotion are a very common and effective argument tactic, but they're ultimately flawed, dishonest, and tend to make one's opponents justifiably emotional."

If it's truly a health problem, it does not have to be publicized to get changed. All this does is drum up a sort of "Forum-Riot" that is fueled by a possibly fictitious person who can no longer play due to a feature that we as players also may not like as well.

Edited by Archistopheles

I do hope they deal with this, but DE seems to take their time when it comes to dealing with people with medical conditions. Hell I'm pretty sure they still haven't added that color blind mode they promised like 6 months ago.

Being colourblind, and not being able to tell an locked locker from an unlocked locker, is not even close to be as serious as the game causing seizures to some people. I can't speak on behalf of DE, but considering the amount of feedback they cover, it's pretty obvious that they care about the player community, and that they try their best to satisfy players.

It's a logical fallacy:

"[Appealing] to emotion include appeals to fear, envy, hatred, pity, pride, and more. It's important to note that sometimes a logically coherent argument may inspire emotion or have an emotional aspect, but the problem and fallacy occurs when emotion is used instead of a logical argument, or to obscure the fact that no compelling rational reason exists for one's position. Everyone, bar sociopaths, is affected by emotion, and so appeals to emotion are a very common and effective argument tactic, but they're ultimately flawed, dishonest, and tend to make one's opponents justifiably emotional."

If it's truly a health problem, it does not have to be publicized to get changed. All this does is drum up a sort of "Forum-Riot" that is fueled behind someone who can no longer play due to a feature that we as players also may not like as well.

What on earth are you on about? That is absolutely irrelevant how people feel. Copy pasting a wiki page doesn't make you right by default.

This is an important matter that people can now discuss. A lot of people are already agreeing with OP, which means the issue is a real concern that should be taken into concideration. Again, it does not matter if its him or his friend posting this. The message is the same.

Edited by Zareek

It's a logical fallacy:

Appealing to emotion include appeals to fear, envy, hatred, pity, pride, and more. It's important to note that sometimes a logically coherent argument may inspire emotion or have an emotional aspect, but the problem and fallacy occurs when emotion is used instead of a logical argument, or to obscure the fact that no compelling rational reason exists for one's position. Everyone, bar sociopaths, is affected by emotion, and so appeals to emotion are a very common and effective argument tactic, but they're ultimately flawed, dishonest, and tend to make one's opponents justifiably emotional.

If it's truly a health problem, it does not have to be publicized to get changed. All this does is drum up a sort of "Forum-Riot" that is fueled behind someone who can no longer play due to a feature that we as players also may not like as well.

You don't know what you're talking about.  In this instance emotion does not take the place of cold reason.

It's a logical fallacy:

If it's truly a health problem, it does not have to be publicized to get changed. All this does is drum up a sort of "Forum-Riot" that is fueled by a possibly fictitious person who can no longer play due to a feature that we as players also may not like as well.

Logical fallacies or not - the fact that it can cause seizures due to epilepsy or other medical conditions alone is enough to remove it. That, Archie, is a logical reason. The fact that he also appealed to our sympathy* doesn't make it illogical.

This needs to be in map level feedback.  Seriously Poptartz.  I'm not trying to be a jerk here.

General discussion gets allot of attention from fellow players, but not the people that can actually make a real difference (the map level designers) in the game.

Please PM a mod about moving this thread over there.

While I do have reservations about adjusting all of Warframe to satisfy one group of individuals afflicted with epileptic conditions, I can agree that this is important feedback and would never want to hear of someone falling ill from playing this awesome game.

A while back I made a similar thread in Gameplay feedback section about there being too much screenshake from weapon recoil (was giving me a headache) and I believe the devs really listened.  (don't really have the same problem anymore.)

Good luck on getting this resolved.  It'd be awesome if there were an option to reduce flicker and accommodations for color blindness in Warframe.

Edited by sushidubya

Logical fallacies or not - the fact that it can cause seizures due to epilepsy or other medical conditions alone is enough to remove it. That, Archie, is a logical reason. The fact that he also appealed to our sympathy* doesn't make it illogical.

My whole point is that it doesn't need to be bandwagoned or championed on the forum.

Emotion is King here.

It's a logical fallacy:

Appealing to emotion include appeals to fear, envy, hatred, pity, pride, and more. It's important to note that sometimes a logically coherent argument may inspire emotion or have an emotional aspect, but the problem and fallacy occurs when emotion is used instead of a logical argument, or to obscure the fact that no compelling rational reason exists for one's position. Everyone, bar sociopaths, is affected by emotion, and so appeals to emotion are a very common and effective argument tactic, but they're ultimately flawed, dishonest, and tend to make one's opponents justifiably emotional.

But this isn't a fallacy. I don't see how an appeal to emotion is in any way a fallacy when my argument does have good reasoning behind it. If I said "The stalker gives me nightmares remove him I'm scared" then yes I would agree but my argument does have solid ground, like the many people saying it does affect them in this thread. You also don't have to be a sociopath to not fall for appeal to emotion. I do have a justified cause to make this public, I do have an arguent which goes side by side with the appeal to emotion, you're being a psudointillectual, you also don't know what a fallacy is.

Yes I'm mad.

High school psycology plz go.

Edit: typo

Edited by Poptartz

The only "cold reason" in the opening post is: "This guy I know is getting migranes playing this game. It has to be because of the new thing added because we said so."

His argument is: My friend has epilepsy and the new light hazards put him and others like him at risk from seizures.

He doesn't need to additionally state "This is because epileptic people can get seizures from flashing lights" because that's common knowledge.