Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Friend Can't Play Grineer Tile Sets Any More Due To His Epilepsy.

Poptartz

His argument is: My friend has epilepsy and the new light hazards put him and others like him at risk from seizures.

Yes I'm mad.

How is it any different than Volt and Vauban other than the fact that it negatively affects us as players?

Edited by Archistopheles

This needs to be in map level feedback.  Seriously Poptartz.  I'm not trying to be a jerk here.

General discussion gets allot of attention from fellow players, but not the people that can actually make a real difference (the map level designers) in the game.

Please PM a mod about moving this thread over there.

While I do have reservations about adjusting all of Warframe to satisfy one group of individuals afflicted with epileptic conditions, I can agree that this is important feedback and would never want to hear of someone falling ill from playing this awesome game.

A while back I made a similar thread in Gameplay feedback section about there being too much screenshake from weapon recoil (was giving me a headache) and I believe the devs really listened.  (don't really have the same problem anymore.)

Good luck on getting this resolved.  It'd be awesome if there were an option to reduce flicker and accommodations for color blindness in Warframe.

There are a bunch of threads like these in feedback, DE isnt looking there!

The whole screen turns white.

Are there any settings that can change/mute this?

I'm not epileptic and I hate them.

Get rid of them DE. 

This is what I'm talking about ^

People already dislike change. Add to the change a negative impact on players, and spice it up with a "health problem" and you no longer have a discussion, you have a mob of emotion.

Edited by Archistopheles

It's just irritating because it's not a flash but a fade to white and back, which gives your irises enough time to contract and release again. If it was really just a flash(or multiple in a row) people wouldn't be having that many issues with it.

This seems to be closer to the root of the problem.

That, and the observation that players feel like there are no settings to tone down/remove flashes that may or may not be harmful.

Edited by Archistopheles

It's just irritating because it's not a flash but a fade to white and back, which gives your irises enough time to contract and release again. If it was really just a flash(or multiple in a row) people wouldn't be having that many issues with it.

Well I most certainly agree that the whole fade to white thing is terrible and annoying.  It's not only on Grineer missions but happens when fighting Alad V as well.  I've never seen any other video game do it.  I mean if they were going for a flashbang stun effect, this is not the way to do it.

I'm not epileptic and I hate them.

Get rid of them DE.  Also get rid of the uber bright pulse when collecting a personal life support capsule.

"I don't like it thus it is bad" doesn't really help. This is about people's health not taste.

Does not seem as there are any, I thought it would be under Bloom but it does not appear to be.

This would be nice.

This seems to be closer to the root of the problem.

That, and the observation that players feel like there are no settings to tone down/remove flashes that may or may not be harmful.

That is the problem though. There's no setting for this effect which is affecting people with epilepsy. The lights can stay for all I care but the light effect needs to be removed.

Also, it's not an observation of people feeling, it's there are no settings to change this at all. It's a definite.

That is the problem though. There's no setting for this effect which is affecting people with epilepsy.

I'm pretending to be an A****** to help the community, and you're still resting on the crutch you don't need.

Stop trying to drum up support for your cause by using a disease to pull on people's emotions.

I'm pretending to be an A****** to help the community, and you're still resting on the crutch you don't need.

Stop trying to drum up support for your cause by using a disease to pull on people's emotions.

Your not smart.

No, this needs to be addressed now this isnt emotion

DO YOU REALIZE I CAN DIE FROM THIS FLASH?!

No get off your high horse, your being so ridiculous right now.

Your not smart.

No, this needs to be addressed now this isnt emotion

DO YOU REALIZE I CAN DIE FROM THIS FLASH?!

No get off your high horse, your being so ridiculous right now.

Can we please stop fighting and stick to the topic.

You aren't pretending anything. You're being a nuisance on purpose.

Now stop posting, you've done nothing useful in this thread except claim someone is pulling on emotions with a serious disease of all things.

Your not smart.

Thank you for reminding me, Logic. I am trying to learn, though.

you've done nothing useful in this thread except claim someone is pulling on emotions with a serious disease of all things.

I'm not finished.

I've spent the last half hour scouring epilepsy information websites looking for it's exact relation to video games and I've come up empty handed.

Either the major foundations do not consider video games an issue, or something else is going on here.

It's a logical fallacy:

"[Appealing] to emotion include appeals to fear, envy, hatred, pity, pride, and more. It's important to note that sometimes a logically coherent argument may inspire emotion or have an emotional aspect, but the problem and fallacy occurs when emotion is used instead of a logical argument, or to obscure the fact that no compelling rational reason exists for one's position. Everyone, bar sociopaths, is affected by emotion, and so appeals to emotion are a very common and effective argument tactic, but they're ultimately flawed, dishonest, and tend to make one's opponents justifiably emotional."

If it's truly a health problem, it does not have to be publicized to get changed. All this does is drum up a sort of "Forum-Riot" that is fueled by a possibly fictitious person who can no longer play due to a feature that we as players also may not like as well.

What? Screw off, this isn't a debate hall. Even if it was, logic can only be based off information available to us, and so topics that bring more information and awareness of issues to light are perfectly valid and in fact vital to discussion. Barriers to entry in the game are a logical thing to discuss if you value Warframe's success.

You dismissed this information as an "appeal to emotion", when in reality you were just using jargon to hide your intellectual laziness and lack of empathy.

I don't have epilepsy problems. But still I am not touching Galleon missions even with a ten foot pole until "Grineer Teslas" are removed from the game altogether or redesigned to something new that makes more sense then "rendumb-envoritmental-damge-lolololol-broken-light-bulbs-waiting-to-ambush-tenenoolololol" and much more "graceful" mechanic then a screen flash not even amateur designers used so horribly.