Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mastery Rank Up Mission Bug

(PSN)jdub8508

i'm not sure how people that reach that rank find it so difficult to pass a wall run test (and i mean no offense to anyone), you should have had enough time between ranks to get used to the maneuverability of the warframe(s).

my advise, simple used the warframe you are more comfortable using which is probably the one you use the most as you SHOULD know how fast him/her move, how far him/her jump, etc. 

in the void you can find secret rooms which are only accessible via wall run, so they could make a good training ground. hope this helps those that are having problems with this test.

as for the bug... what Ew_Tux said is correct.

Edited by (PS4)ziux1

Not sure if this will help, but the best way to complete it is to use Valkyr. Max out power range and the Flow mod, and a little stamina as well. Use ripline to get to the floating gold rings, and you should pass with flying colors. As for the bug, sorry man not sure what the deal is.

Good luck.

are you guys not reading what i said? I passed the test...3 days in a row now, its not giving me credit for completing it lol I know how to pass the test, without cheating or using a specific warframe i'm doing it with Oberon for goodness sakes its not even hard anymore but I've been on level 7 for a week now because they refuse to rank me up after sucessfully passing it it 3 times.

are you guys not reading what i said? I passed the test...3 days in a row now, its not giving me credit for completing it lol I know how to pass the test, without cheating or using a specific warframe i'm doing it with Oberon for goodness sakes its not even hard anymore but I've been on level 7 for a week now because they refuse to rank me up after sucessfully passing it it 3 times.

i gave you an answer at the end which was Ew_Tux's answer, the rest of the comment was for those other people saying that they were having problems passing this test.

Edited by (PS4)ziux1

On Sunday i was trying to rank up to tank 7 but it wouldn't let me,and i completed the test and everything.So after that i waited 24 hours to take the test again...Said i completed it but i'm still 6 and i'm getting tired of this blinking bar taunting me.

Oh and not to get off topic but what is with these Errors i'm getting like 'cannot update account info' or 'Failed to connect to server'.This is irritating when i'm killing a survival and i'v been there 45 min tryharding the mess out of it and i come back with nothing....NOTHING,NADA,ZILCH

Honestly, I'm not even sure why the hell we have to do these insipid tests. You grind for the XP and then after all those hours of grinding, you have to do some stupid test to level up? What's the point?  Also, what's the reward for all these tests? Nothing. 

Please get rid of them as they are useless.

the tests are to make it more interesting and/or more challenging, i personally don't mind those tests sine most of them are really easy, the wall run test is by far the hardest i have one so far.

as for the point of leveling up, some weapons are level restricted, you most have a minimum level in order to use x weapon 

if you wonder "why not let us use any weapon from the get go?" its probably to prevent new player from getting access to too powerful weapons too quickly. of course there are ways to by pass that rule such as using platinum to buy them, or joining a well developed guild and buy the BP to some of those weapons (but some of those weapon are also level restricted plus a low level player may not have that kind of credits or the resources to build it)

the tests are to make it more interesting and/or more challenging, i personally don't mind those tests sine most of them are really easy, the wall run test is by far the hardest i have one so far.

as for the point of leveling up, some weapons are level restricted, you most have a minimum level in order to use x weapon 

if you wonder "why not let us use any weapon from the get go?" its probably to prevent new player from getting access to too powerful weapons too quickly. of course there are ways to by pass that rule such as using platinum to buy them, or joining a well developed guild and buy the BP to some of those weapons (but some of those weapon are also level restricted plus a low level player may not have that kind of credits or the resources to build it)

I totally understand what you are saying, but that does not change the fact that the tests themselves are useless. You can have level restrictions on weapons without needing to pass a test. This is standard behavior in almost all RPG's.

Add to that the fact that failure to pass a test means you have to wait 24 hours before you can try again and you've got a useless game mechanic that is also frustrating.  Its not like failing a mission where you can just try again until you finally get it, no...You have to let it sit there for a full day while you wait. If DE loves these silly tests, then keep them, but please remove that 24 hour waiting period. 

For full disclosure, I've been sitting on Rank 7 for 2 months now because after failing the test 2 times, I got fed up and decided to just play the game. Mastery rank past level 6 is pointless anyways as all weapons and frames are available. 

***edit***

Just re-did and passed the test. Still think it was pointless

Edited by (PS4)kyussmanchu

I totally understand what you are saying, but that does not change the fact that the tests themselves are useless. You can have level restrictions on weapons without needing to pass a test. This is standard behavior in almost all RPG's.

Add to that the fact that failure to pass a test means you have to wait 24 hours before you can try again and you've got a useless game mechanic that is also frustrating.  Its not like failing a mission where you can just try again until you finally get it, no...You have to let it sit there for a full day while you wait. If DE loves these silly tests, then keep them, but please remove that 24 hour waiting period. 

For full disclosure, I've been sitting on Rank 7 for 2 months now because after failing the test 2 times, I got fed up and decided to just play the game. Mastery rank past level 6 is pointless anyways as all weapons and frames are available. 

***edit***

Just re-did and passed the test. Still think it was pointless

yeah i see what you mean, and you are probably right. maybe they simple wanted to add some originality lol 

didn't know you had to wait 24 hours after failing a test since i haven't lost one yet (i'm mastery 9), and actually the max level restriction i have found so far is 8 and not 6 (embolist for example) 

I am not usually one to send angry messages, but I am getting really upset here.  I have now taken and passed my Mastery Rank 6 Test TWICE without it updating my profile.  I am trying to build my Soma and use my affinity booster on it, but thanks to this happening TWICE, there is now no way that I can pass the test and have my Soma built before my affinity booster runs out.  Apparently, there is no point in me even taking the test, since my profile wont update.  I even uninstalled and re-installed the entire game to see if that would help, but it didn't accomplish anything.  This is getting ridiculous - please help!

Actually when the Focus Lens update comes out your rank will determine how many focus points you can have...so it may not matter much right now besides weapons, but in the future it will matter a whole lot.

Also I found the solution being re installing the game....also Rank 8 to 9 test worked as it should so im guessing if you get stuck on a test the way i did, just re install the game.

This has been reported hundreds of times now and I'm sure they are working on a fix.

You can do nothing but wait. Of course it's annoying to waste boosters and time, but bugs are part of the business, so we have to deal with it.

Higher ranked people are not affected by this bug, it appears to happen between Mastery 1 to 3 only. I saw the proof, I did 2 rank ups within the last 2 weeks. The best thing to do if you still want to play the game: use maxed weapons and frames, to not lose a single affinity point when playing. But of course, too bad for the good boosters.

DE please fix this!  I have passed this test twice now, going to try it again tonight, but I don't have a lot of hope.  I am locked out of getting  the Soma because of this.  How is fixing the Mastery Ranking system for players not a top priority?  When you have a system that unlocks based on rank, the ranking system really needs to work, or you are just locking out your players.  You guys are great, ad I love this game, but between this, and the "Failed to connect to server" errors I have been getting constantly (almost never during missions, usually after missions, or when I am siting in my own hub), it is really getting hard to play.

I'm a Mastery Rank 9, my bar is all the way up and flashing, and I have successfully completed this 9 to 10 test twice, and it has not ranked me up, and after completion, it will tell me I have to wait 24hrs before I can retake the test again (like failed, even though I didn't,) and I'm getting very angry. I did not post this as a support ticket because support will be closed for three days and I demand that I am manually ranked up, this is absolutely ridiculous. I also have video footage of me completing the test via share button, if there is any way I can post that, but this on top of all of the other extremely frustrating disconnections every ten seconds is too much. I demand that a developer manually does this as soon as possible, very inconvenient.