Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frame difference's and in-depth ability balancing. DE please read!

Malachia

I've piped up in a diff thread but missed this one. Energy supply is too restricted and doesn't scale for More players. This needs to be fixed.

I do not like cooldowns because it doesn't create an economy of trade offs between powers. It does have good scheduling benefits but it drives me crazy when games have both.

We have the same issues you are seeing with the game. First we are doing a distinction and cost pass on the warframes. Then we are increasing the supply of energy.

hmm. you summed up everything i was going to say about Warframes' powers sometime (but forgot the past 2 days).

even use the same references to Mass Effect!

in short, holy hell you read my mind.

high five, and i agree with every word in your post. now i'm looking for a +1 button but there isn't :(

edit:

I do not like cooldowns because it doesn't create an economy of trade offs between powers. It does have good scheduling benefits but it drives me crazy when games have both.

We have the same issues you are seeing with the game. First we are doing a distinction and cost pass on the warframes. Then we are increasing the supply of energy.

hmm. i'd prefer cooldowns of some sort myself, i would expect these weird advanced battlesuits that seem to be made of living tissue would have some magicu abilities ;)

but having a supply of energy that allows powers to be used more often than saving all of the energy because you might not get any before the boss at the end, does vastly improves distinction between the characters.

Edited by taiiat

I've piped up in a diff thread but missed this one. Energy supply is too restricted and doesn't scale for More players. This needs to be fixed.

There dont have to be cooldowns, thats only one way to deal with the problem, and your right, cooldowns cant come together with energy managment, that wont work right.

If there some sort of energy regen for everybody, then the energy managment is acting as your cooldown. If you use all your energy on something, you will have to wait for some energy to come back in order to use more stuff, that waiting time is activly your abilities cooldown.

Or, there can be a global cooldown between abilities, Or a certain abilities cooldowns apply to all other abilities (like in the later Mass Effects).

Its the same idea as the resource systems of rouges in WoW, they had no cooldowns on their attack abilities, but were limited to a small, fast regenerating resource.

To do that here though, the energy pool needs to be smaller, or the abiliy costs larger (right now i can use slash dash 8 times if i spam it from full energy :P)

Edited by Malachia