The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hyena Strikes Me As Overpowered Due To Extreme Amount Of Health

Aerensiniac

Title says it pretty much.

The thing has a decent weaponry with its one shot missiles, shield and gatling that can mow a person down in one solid stream, but its health is just ridiculous.

With 4 people and upgraded weapons we sooner run out of bullets on all avaible weapons than to kill it.

Title says it pretty much.

The thing has a decent weaponry with its one shot missiles, shield and gatling that can mow a person down in one solid stream, but its health is just ridiculous.

With 4 people and upgraded weapons we sooner run out of bullets on all avaible weapons than to kill it.

Whoa really? I solo this boss all the time for control modules or whatever they are. Trick is to (God forbid) learn to use cover and angles to your advantage. I honestly thought that an 'upgraded' version of the Jackal that Hyena is would have been harder. Hyena is a joke IMO.

Whoa really? I solo this boss all the time for control modules or whatever they are. Trick is to (God forbid) learn to use cover and angles to your advantage. I honestly thought that an 'upgraded' version of the Jackal that Hyena is would have been harder. Hyena is a joke IMO.

exactly

Neither boss is hard imo

no but without decent armor pen kril takes forever. I remeber fighting him when i was new. Our whole team ran out of ammo and just took turns running up and smacking him with charge attacks

Edited by Akularael

At what level do you solo hyena and with what weapons?

Im asking cause i havebeen trying to kill it though out the entire day with different parties, just to succeed once out of like what, 16 attempts? For a suggested 15-24, hyena is idiotically overbuffed, and i underline it once more: The issue is not its attacks

Most of the parties survived to the point where they ran out of ammo and had to meele it, but that has proven rather difficult as you can imagine. The issue is the amount of health it has.

EDIT: Im not even suggesting to nerf it cause i like challenges, but i feel like the game has skipped like 40% of gameplay that would allow you to level, and presented you with an end game boss ala "here you go biach".

Im just baffled that i already need to go and grind for better equipments, then grind to level them up.

Not that it matters.

Edited by Aerensiniac

It comes down to mods if I remember the boss fight properly, people especially newbies aren't usually equipped to fight him. For Hyena Frost mods for the shields and I forgot...electric damage? takes his health down quick. The missile sucks however, when you play the angles and keep moving it usually doesn't hit me.

I think a lot of it has to do with just having the right mods (armor pen is a big one against pretty much every boss) and tactics... group makeup can be a factor as well.

Like, for example, with a group using a decent amount of energy siphon and me using frost; the Jakal is totally and utterly helpless to the point of it not even feeling like a boss fight (when it's standing, freeze, bash legs with melee, it thaws, falls down, stands, freeze it again, bash legs again, occasionally run for energy orbs to make up for what didn't regen during the rotation... repeate)

Think the problem is he's running with abunch of the new players on steam, who are probably trying to play the game going from level to level instead of farming up enough mods before advancing.

Seen so many new players, playing loki/volt/excal etc who aren't modded enough to be taking on harder content yet. (If it was update 6 they'd be having an easier time, new mod system promotes farming tolstoj forever pretty much)

Once you're all modded out you can drop Hyena quick, just as quick as in Update 6.

---

Edited by Nokturnal

That's funny because I finally fought him for the first time yesterday and was a bit dissapointed how easy he went down. First run I was with two other friends. Two of us did end up dying but it was more of my friend's fault because he completely ignored the fact we were down behind cover, but the second run was over in a minute and we just an extra person with us. Maybe its because we had two rhinos tanking.

Think the problem is he's running with abunch of the new players on steam, who are probably trying to play the game going from level to level instead of farming up enough mods before advancing.

Seen so many new players, playing loki/volt/excal etc who aren't modded enough to be taking on harder content yet. (If it was update 6 they'd be having an easier time, new mod system promotes farming tolstoj forever pretty much)

Once you're all modded out you can drop Hyena quick, just as quick as in Update 6.

---

This i recall having issues on my rhino doing some of the missions...and not having some of the gear even though i was running in a rhino frame... i felt super squiishie... after farming redirection mod, grabbing the Fragor hammer, and leveling my mods a bit i feel an entirely differant character while playing. Stuff doesnt kill me near as fast and i can actually " tank " stuff... and not die in 30 secs...and i have enough melee damage and control i feel like an actual melee class finally.

That said i dunno if i like that aspect of the game...having to farm for days doing same stupid mission 30,000 times over just for a single mod... or two and utter randomness of RNG can screw you over...is probably #1 turn off for me when it comes to warframes... dont get me wrong i think game itself is a blast... but way this mod system is designed...lack of an auction house...fact you cant trade mods...can screw you so badly at times... like my melee ele damage is still only 5% because i havent found mods to fuse it with...then couple it with how expensive some of fusions can be... and its either farm for mods or farm for cash... it just feels like a lose lose situation sometimes.

LOL, complain when you solo Tyl Regor. i ran out of ammo and had to sword my way. but 4 people against hyene is so easy.

At least the Hyena can insta gib me.

I can just practically stun lock Regor keep banging his face with my Gram.

Trinity / Excalibur / Frost easily take it down. :-D I've streamed this boss before, farmed him a few times the other day.

You forgot Ash / Banshee / Ember / Loki / Mag / Nyx / Rhino / Saryn / Volt.

The boss is essentially a check on on the individual/team's capability to put out consistent dps.

Farm defense missions and the necessary mods for upgrading will naturally gravitate to you.