Rank Test Overpowered

Question

Tried my first rank test twice, not even gonna say anything about the ridiculous 24 hour waiting time, but the test i received is just impossible. I have to clear a wave of things that are too hard for me to kill, bluntly. I die so fast it's not fair. I see other peoples first test and it's just so easy mode. I got a different one where it takes a whole clip to kill one thing while theres about 20 hitting me at the same time. Please, tell me how this is fair? The crappy starter gun can not hurt these enemies. The enemies i'm faxing are crewmen and MOA. I see everyone elses test as beginner enemies. Fix this or it seems like pay2win.

Starter gun? You want to know whats the problem? your gear. Not the test

And pay2win? Dont make me laugh. You can obtain all items through playing.

Team up with others, farm money and materials and craft new weapons before doing rank ups. And use some elemental mods if you find them.

If you need help, add me ingame and I will help you farming =)

Edited by Venarge

Starter gun? You want to know whats the problem? your gear. Not the test

And pay2win? Dont make me laugh. You can obtain all items through playing.

Team up with others, farm money and materials and craft new weapons before doing rank ups. And use some elemental mods if you find them.

If you need help, add me ingame and I will help you farming =)

It wont let me get anything better because i'm level 0. I can't do anything about my gear.

Get a lex and level it up. Those things pack a punch even at low levels. Farm mods on mercury for health and shields. May take a while but you will get a bunch of goodies in the meantime. You can get a lot of things at level 0 I believe so as long as you can power up the lex you should be fine.

You sure? Have you tried to actually buy another melee weapon or something?

It says my level isn't high enough to buy anything. I checked al the weapons. Level 0's can't get anything.

Are there downsides for not passing the test? I haven't done my test but have been mostly running missions. The points are still adding up it seems, so I am not missing out on anything (other than the next rank's weapons)

Are there downsides for not passing the test? I haven't done my test but have been mostly running missions. The points are still adding up it seems, so I am not missing out on anything (other than the next rank's weapons)

From my understanding, the higher rank weapons do more damage and give a variety, while the enemies get stronger it's hard to do anything with starter stuff.

Tried my first rank test twice, not even gonna say anything about the ridiculous 24 hour waiting time, but the test i received is just impossible. I have to clear a wave of things that are too hard for me to kill, bluntly. I die so fast it's not fair. I see other peoples first test and it's just so easy mode. I got a different one where it takes a whole clip to kill one thing while theres about 20 hitting me at the same time. Please, tell me how this is fair? The crappy starter gun can not hurt these enemies. The enemies i'm faxing are crewmen and MOA. I see everyone elses test as beginner enemies. Fix this or it seems like pay2win.

Corpus enemies are kinda difficult, but the best way to kill the crewman is to aim for the chest and the moas around the camera spot above their legs. Unless you get some +Puncture on your weapons, headshots won't do much to the Crewmen because of that box on their head.

Corpus enemies are kinda difficult, but the best way to kill the crewman is to aim for the chest and the moas around the camera spot above their legs. Unless you get some +Puncture on your weapons, headshots won't do much to the Crewmen because of that box on their head.

Please, explain what this "+puncture" is.

It allows your projectile weapon to shoot through cover. The number on the mod is the depth of penetration (I think it starts out at 0.1 meter)

10% of a meter is like 1cm. I am not sure how precise the game is in modeling penetration, but if it is realistic, then 1cm is more than enough to punch through those weird looking helms wore by crewman.

Puncture, you may not have found any Mods that add it, allows your weapons to shout through X meters of stuff. This can be bodies, walls, doors, anything.

The starting value for most Puncture mods is 0.1 meters or 10 centimeters. This is enough to pass a Corpus crew helmet or a very thin shield (Grineer shield guy).

It allows your projectile weapon to shoot through cover. The number on the mod is the depth of penetration (I think it starts out at 0.1 meter)

10% of a meter is like 1cm. I am not sure how precise the game is in modeling penetration, but if it is realistic, then 1cm is more than enough to punch through those weird looking helms wore by crewman.

Ugh, look for a specfic mod is like a needle in a zombie apacolypse. I don't have the time to search for something in a game all day just to make my gear a tiny bit better.

Ugh, look for a specfic mod is like a needle in a zombie apacolypse. I don't have the time to search for something in a game all day just to make my gear a tiny bit better.

dont worry about the puncture mod. at low levels electricity in your braton is much more useful against corpus.

also which frame did you start with?

Edited by Akularael

Puncture, you may not have found any Mods that add it, allows your weapons to shout through X meters of stuff. This can be bodies, walls, doors, anything.

The starting value for most Puncture mods is 0.1 meters or 10 centimeters. This is enough to pass a Corpus crew helmet or a very thin shield (Grineer shield guy).

Yes! 10cm! Brasten does better math than I... I was saying 1cm earlier... that is like seeing 0.01 on a mod...

10cm - that is like shooting through a wall.

I have a question about Puncture, since we're on the topic.

Does the distance traveled start the moment it hits something, or do I have to be close?

I can remember the old system was distance traveled from barrel, or am I mistaken?

I have tried shooting at shield-bros from across the room, and it doesn't seem to penetrate unless I'm holding the shotgun an inch from the shield.

I think 10 base power for 10cm is a little high though.

rank 0 puncture is actually 0.05. that's why it doesn't appear to improve when you rank it up to 1, even though it suddenly becomes enough to shoot through sheild lancer's sheilds. and yes, it's still the amount of stuff it can punch through.

the other thing you can use against crewman's tincanheads is armour piercing damage, which'll do 20x damage.

if you've got any freeze damage mods, those will do double damage to the moa's sheilds.

I've had no problem with my starter pistol, but the rank up tests I've been given have been ridiculous. I've gone in to a couple of 'stealth' tests where I had 0 chance of being stealthy. It does sound strange to me that you're facing corpus for your first test. I'm always up against Grineer. But personally I think the whole rank up system is glitched/broken. I'm working on a 72 hour wait now since I made my first attempt at passing the test.

My first test was incredibly easy. The first weapon I bought when I started playing (at level 0) was a Lex and I could one-shot everyone in the test.

A rank 10 or so Lex with some decent mods will even drop the Corpus' Moas in two shots (at most).

I think the OP just needs to grind a bit more is all, get some more mods, and buy some better weapons.

It seems like people are confusing level and rank. I didn't even realize there was a ranking system until my warframe was level 7, and I had already done a bunch of missions. Then I clicked the glowing bar in my profile, and took a rank test. I also was against the crewmen and moas and those flying shield bots or something. It was tough, but not impossible. As for new weapons, Other than buying blueprints, do you get new weapons without paying real money? I looked in the market and everything had a special credit requirement

My first test was incredibly easy. The first weapon I bought when I started playing (at level 0) was a Lex and I could one-shot everyone in the test.

A rank 10 or so Lex with some decent mods will even drop the Corpus' Moas in two shots (at most).

I think the OP just needs to grind a bit more is all, get some more mods, and buy some better weapons.

How did you buy the lex without real money? I can't seem to find the same weapons everyone else is talking about. I'm also not getting any of those market credits from just playing (just started yesterday though)

edit: oh wow, i just realized that if an item states two currencies, it means one OR the other... lol, I'm an idiot!

Edited by DexterousGecko

It seems like people are confusing level and rank. I didn't even realize there was a ranking system until my warframe was level 7, and I had already done a bunch of missions. Then I clicked the glowing bar in my profile, and took a rank test. I also was against the crewmen and moas and those flying shield bots or something. It was tough, but not impossible. As for new weapons, Other than buying blueprints, do you get new weapons without paying real money? I looked in the market and everything had a special credit requirement

As far as I can tell, there are no 'levels'. There's warframe/weapon rank and mastery rank (which is the player 'level', to my mind).

I find the lockout time to be ridiculous as well actually. I don't see the point of it. At least allow me to pay credits to bypass the lockout maybe? Something...but having to wait a fully 24 hours to try again doesn't quite endear me to try other things :-)