Sign in to follow this  
[DE]Rebecca

Hotfix 12.4.5

Hi DERebecca, can I confirm that Frost's snow globe's health is now no longer boosted by power strength mods and only warframe armor value? Or is it now both? What about duration of the globe? Apart from the invincibility duration, that is. Also, does the invincibility duration add on additionally to the duration of the globe or is it part of the duration? Do mods affect this invincibility duration?

Any Feel as if the Special particle badge was really kinda of a let down? i thought it was gonna be a really neat looking symbol with particles wizzing around it, but to my suprise i couldnt even see it on my frame (Rhino). Hope we get a fix for it. untill then ill just stick to the cicero badge i got for picking flowers...sigh*

Will have to see how the globe changes fair, but a step in the right direction none the less DE. Now if you could improve Frost's other abilities so snowglobe is not his one and only good ability, then we might have something.

• Upvote 1

Also, one thing to notice; in the last livestream they said there was no Tenno Reinforcement scheduled for this week.

Would have been good if you put that into the first post, because not everyone is watching those livestreams who also posts in the forums.

Another thing to add to this so it is not misleading, they did say no reinforcements, meaning no weapon this week, but they did that last week as well and still had a good size update (even without the prime stuff) we had two helmets, new corpus voices, and an event start. If you look at last weeks update and then back at this update/hotfix, it honestly is a huge let down.

Well it seems DE is continuing the stubborn attitude with Frost. Those changes do not make him the viable defense leader he once was. He was, in certain circumstances, the ONLY option as a protector and you messed it up. I was just checking to see progress on this - there should have been a full reversal by now - all I see is someone being bull-headed and not changing out of plain old arrogance. Time for me to go back to Path of Exile... I'll check with you all in a month or so. Hopefully at some point you'll remember that the "Community" had spoken a long time ago, when you first nerfed Frost. You act like your listening to the "community" now with these useless "adjustments" - but what about the "Community" when we told you we didn't want you changing Frost like that? We actually wanted you to BUFF Frost (avalanche) and you "listened" by NERFING him! What happened to you "listening to the community" back then???

I'm disgusted... enough of you, DE.

• Upvote 2

You know what would be cool? If the durations.. or hp, were affected by frost's other abilities passing through it.

Another thing to add to this so it is not misleading, they did say no reinforcements, meaning no weapon this week, but they did that last week as well and still had a good size update (even without the prime stuff) we had two helmets, new corpus voices, and an event start. If you look at last weeks update and then back at this update/hotfix, it honestly is a huge let down.

To be fair, every week when we get a major patch there are several weapons introduced, so no need for an extra Tenno reinforcement.

And yes, we had an event - a very fun one. And yes two new helmets, which is also a great thing. But don't get me started with the new Corpus voices... wait, forget it, I already did *ogles with the sound feedback forum*

So with the updates from last week, people should learn to be thankful and less greedy and take that as a "compensation" for the week after. It frightens me how people got used to the aggressive content schedule and take it for granted now, instead of being overly thankful.

Still, the week is not over yet, and I cannot remember off the top of my head right now how things went with the last events and how they intersected - or not - with the wednesday patch.

I can't believe how people can bicker around about this. Beta is beta. And yes, the argument coming of "new weapon = money sink". this is only true to an extent. You can only milk the cows so much without actually improving on the game, and people will live a week to sit on their wallet.

Nice globe fixes.

But can I ask for an avalanche buff please ?

Turn Frost to a 2 trick phony instead of 1 would be cool :p

Is that it, no 12.5? Where is our every Wednesday "Shelf Gun" that we max and trow away while waiting for a patch? Like...i have pretty much nothing left to really do in game right now...

The Dakka Wraith :P

-  Snowglobe’s health is now affected by a Warframe’s Armor value.

Snowglobe Health = Health + (Armor x 5)

Does that mean the snowglobes health is effected by Frost's armour or the best armour rating (even if another warframe) in it at the time snowglobe is cast?

So the armour just adds health instead of giving it armour?

Thanks for the updates.

Edited by Loswaith
  • Upvote 1

Could you guys please give us a proper date for Melee 2.0 not just every next week and whenever a solid indefinite date.

Hey DE... (PS4)Crackle2012 Here on my PC account

Love the way snow globe buffs were handled!

LOVE the trade chat 2 post per minute thing!

Love this whole patch -- "the flashes were awesome in my opinion" but i definitely don't want them gone, please don't remove them completely..

Or add an option for some to turn them off?

Cant wait to try the gorgon wraith out!

Thanks for your painstaking efforts each week! It is appreciated by alot of us even here on the PS4 Community!

A late one tonight I see for some! Rest well guys!

Cant wait for this stuff to hit PS4!!!

curious as well about the following:

How do which mods effect snowglobe now?

I would test it like crazy but I don't have frost on PC yet! -- Working on it!!

:)

Thnx again for awesome update!

The scaling is still pretty broken on the Earth Interception missions is still really bad =/

ive been playing them on ps4 and it is SO much more fun with the increased difficulty on PC.

As it stands on PS4 at the moment, if you are with a group of people actually coordinating ... It is very, very boring.. For the first 15 waves then all of a sudden it ramps up quite a bit in difficulty-- still lack of enemy leaders-- i would rather have it be very hard and scale quickly than just sit at one point and kill a total of 3 mobs in 15 waves (no joke thats all we all had to do). About 5-8 mobs per wave per person..for the first 15 waves. In a 4 player game.

interception on PC is currently my favorite mode-- i desparately wish it was on several other planets as well!

I understand that it was only supposed to be ramped in difficulty for tethra's doom, but it needed a boost in difficulty anyways in my opinion!

Not arguing! Just my point of view on it!

*****EDIT*****

oooh idea!! Must...have... Orokin derelict and tower "interception missions!!!" this would also allow to spread drops out more so less RNG for what you are shooting to actually acquire no?

Edited by Quatto87

Is that it, no 12.5? Where is our every Wednesday "Shelf Gun" that we max and trow away while waiting for a patch? Like...i have pretty much nothing left to really do in game right now...

How about, you know, having fun while playing a great game?

• Upvote 2

How about, you know, having fun while playing a great game?

They are probably just burnt out. It happens when you beta test a game for so long.

• Upvote 1

I was hoping we would get to brawl with Hek after this.  Ah well, another day and another patch.

They are probably just burnt out. It happens when you beta test a game for so long.

I have a hard time letting them call this a beta when there's so much real money involved. It's as Beta as Minecraft was.

I have a hard time letting them call this a beta when there's so much real money involved. It's as Beta as Minecraft was.

Yes, but what can we do? Its not like we can convince them to Stop their only way of revenue (minus Prime access) or have any good reason to do so.

Has anyone figured out if:

1. Invulnerability is affected by duration mod?

2. Hp of the globe is affected also by strenght mod?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by flavyx

Still, the week is not over yet, and I cannot remember off the top of my head right now how things went with the last events and how they intersected - or not - with the wednesday patch.

Its easy to do your research, the very same page that has this hotfix info has a history you can look back at and yes there is the last event on that page. If Wednesday is update day and people come here every Wednesday for just that reason and instead of the wait being worth it, it turns out to be a little hotfix, after month after month of updates on that day, people will be shocked and a bit let down.

It is easy to act like a white knight here and shake your finger at the people who feel that DE has failed to do what they have done every other week since they started the weekly update plan, this was not us who are forcing them to follow a set course, it is their time table. Yes, I am let down, I will admit that, I don't think that the people who feel the same way I do are wrong in feeling let down. If DE would let us know much earlier than 10:30pm that they were only doing a hotfix instead of the usual update, we could have all not been waiting for something that never came.

DE has a clear history of not informing the player base and we the player base then get let down over things like this. It could be a probelm with a very simple solution, inform people and we can all be on the same page. If we think it is a week like every other week, we will think "hey Wednesday, its update day, more fun stuff to do on Warframe" DE can then tell us either here in the forums or a message online, that in fact it is not a normal Wednesday and its only a hotfix, we can then not wonder and hope for an update, just that simple.