Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A question to the devs

Thorkoal

I'll just be direct.

Will you expand the lore and the whole game to fit a more galactic setting, instead of the current setting?

In my opinion, when you have 2 intelligent species, one of them must come from another solar system. Especially because we're talking about the Sol System.

Even the Tenno?

kinda obvious but considering how much human like they look , i mean what yous expected human like aliens to pop out from a different solar system and then declare war on the (some what modified) human race only to find there are a limited amount of tenno and then you must protect the secrets of the WF

:D ok then

Edited by DiBBz

The Tenno might be full human with cybernetic suits, or they might be enhanced humans.

Or quite possibly mutated humans.

have you ever done a rescue mission before , im pretty sure the guy you rescue is one of yous a *Tenno* hence i say they where either bio-Engineered or mutated humans

Where have you read that all intelligence was human?

And why does everyone think the hostage is a placeholder? Why would they bother creating and animating something if that was the case?

But let's get back to the topic. Is there going to be a galaxy map or not? That's what I want to know. I already have some ideas for it...

If they would write a book about the story of each faction, I would gladly read it even though it has more than 1000 pages.

Its unreasonable to write just about 1 faction.

I believe even they aren't sure about all this "every1 is human" thing...

We have a ship capable of traveling at faster than light speeds, so it only stands to reason that interstellar travel is possible.

The eart is ravaged, we're all mutated and agressive, we have colonized all the planets in the Sol System, even the gas giants, and what year is it?

Most likely 2700+. Already we're coming up with ideas like the warp drive (yes, nasa is doing it) that would put us in alpa centauri in just a few days.

Think! Moore's Law! Robots! Nanotechnology! Fusion power! Antimatter! And other stuff we havent even discovered! Think humans, think!

We have a ship capable of traveling at faster than light speeds, so it only stands to reason that interstellar travel is possible.

The eart is ravaged, we're all mutated and agressive, we have colonized all the planets in the Sol System, even the gas giants, and what year is it?

Most likely 2700+. Already we're coming up with ideas like the warp drive (yes, nasa is doing it) that would put us in alpa centauri in just a few days.

Think! Moore's Law! Robots! Nanotechnology! Fusion power! Antimatter! And other stuff we havent even discovered! Think humans, think!

I mostly read sci-fi books like Halo or Mass Effect by Drew Karpshyynn. I study Space & aircraft at the University in Delft and even though I know this whole space vision is fake (sorry to spoil the fun sci-fi fans), I still love those books about fiction. Just want to know the story of each faction, especially the Tenno's.

Currently fake, Mr. Wolf, currently fake.

It will stay like this because we can never escape Earth's gravity because we can't build enough kinetic energy to convert it to energy used in depths(the Earths pulls us back and this Fg can't be compensated in long distances). But this is not what the topic is about but nice that people are still inspired by sci-fi :)

It's never stated the Tenno ship is FTL... No offense man, but you seem to make alot of assumptions and then state them as fact.

I'm going to just copy a post I made elsewhere because I'm too lazy to type up a similar response.

I'm not sure why people think all scifi needs to make the assumption that faster than light travel will ever be possible. Our solar system is a really really big place. Much bigger than the single planet that people are usually satisfied with in fantasy settings. There's alot you can do to make a really deep future version of our solar system seem alien and new. Anyone ever read Gene Wolfe's Book of the New Sun? Firefly took place in a single system (albeit a large one) and I don't remember people complaining about it being dull. The pen and paper rpg Eclipse Phase is another great example of what you can do with our humble system.

Galaxy spanning scifi settings are dime a dozen. I would be interested to see how DE could flesh out a version of our home system that's set so far in the future that it might as well be a different star system.

Edit: Hah, I just realised the post I just copy/pasted was in response to you as well. Oh well, I guess we didn't really discuss it, so we can do it here.

Edited by Sealgaire

It will stay like this because we can never escape Earth's gravity because we can't build enough kinetic energy to convert it to energy used in depths(the Earths pulls us back and this Fg can't be compensated in long distances). But this is not what the topic is about but nice that people are still inspired by sci-fi :)

So what you are saying is that we need more energy to escape the earth's gravitional pull? Do you think that not even with energy from atomic fusionwe'll be able to escape? Imean we already do it with those solid rocket fuels you must know... do you seriously believe we will NEVER have enough energy?

It's never stated the Tenno ship is FTL... No offense man, but you seem to make alot of assumptions and then state them as fact.

I'm going to just copy a post I made elsewhere because I'm too lazy to type up a similar response.

I'm not sure why people think all scifi needs to make the assumption that faster than light travel will ever be possible. Our solar system is a really really big place. Much bigger than the single planet that people are usually satisfied with in fantasy settings. There's alot you can do to make a really deep future version of our solar system seem alien and new. Anyone ever read Gene Wolfe's Book of the New Sun? Firefly took place in a single system (albeit a large one) and I don't remember people complaining about it being dull. The pen and paper rpg Eclipse Phase is another great example of what you can do with our humble system.

Galaxy spanning scifi settings are dime a dozen. I would be interested to see how DE could flesh out a version of our home system that's set so far in the future that it might as well be a different star system.

Edit: Hah, I just realised the post I just copy/pasted was in response to you as well. Oh well, I guess we didn't really discuss it, so we can do it here.

Ermm... we choose a mission in Mercury, do it, and you can go to pluto as fast as you can click it and do a mission there...

Of that's not faster than light, then my nickname isnt Thorkoal xD

I can answer some questions, first of all, everyone are human, There are different breeds of human, the Grineer are a human empire that discovered the technology for cloning so they use this technology to conquest the solar system, the Corpus are another breed that is dedicated to bulding robotics, I'm not really sure but I think they dicovered the Technocyte, The Infested are a human civilization victim of the Technocyte, some kind of alien virus, and the Tenno are one of the most ancient and respected breeds, warriors by nature and one of the first civilizations victim of the gineer massacre. This is all I know so far of the story, sources? well traslation documents, off course this can change and that's most of what I've been able to understand about the story, but trust me, the story is huge, you guys can expect a big and evolving plot, I hope don't get in trouble because of this :P

Ermm... we choose a mission in Mercury, do it, and you can go to pluto as fast as you can click it and do a mission there...

Of that's not faster than light, then my nickname isnt Thorkoal xD

The game never states how much time it takes to travel to missions. You don't seriously think it's instant because you can start a mission as soon as you click on it do you? Game might get a little dull if they forced you to sit at your computer for days or weeks to get to a mission.

So what you are saying is that we need more energy to escape the earth's gravitional pull? Do you think that not even with energy from atomic fusionwe'll be able to escape? Imean we already do it with those solid rocket fuels you must know... do you seriously believe we will NEVER have enough energy?

We CANNOT escape Earth's gravity even with the use of fusions of uranium. It eventually turns to Ba and "Q", roughly said, but we will never escape it. Think about the basic formula in the great Physics: Fg=G.M.m/r. And just think about the tisk of this sort of energy. It's highly undtable since you need a moderator to keep the creation of energy under control(k=1)!

Sorry if I made some mistakes with spelling. Typing on a iPod is not tecommended.

Edited by Seventhwolf

The game never states how much time it takes to travel to missions. You don't seriously think it's instant because you can start a mission as soon as you click on it do you? Game might get a little dull if they forced you to sit at your computer for days or weeks to get to a mission.

Well you don't even see the ship traveling, so we're just speculating.

We CANNOT escape Earth's gravity even with the use of fusions of uranium. It eventually turns to Ba and "Q", roughly said, but we will never escape it. Think about the basic formula in the great Physics: Fg=G.M.m/r. And just think about the tisk of this sort of energy. It's highly undtable since you need a moderator to keep the creation of energy under control(k=1)!

Sorry if I made some mistakes with spelling. Typing on a iPod is not tecommended.

You do know that fusion is not the same as fission? What you're refering to, it seems, is to nuclear fission. That is already done in nuclear plants using enriched uranium.

Nuclear fusion uses hydrogen isotopes and transforms it into helium. Like what happens in the core of stars. It releases an immense ammount of energy. A prototype is under construction in France.

I thought you were aware of this O.o

You do know that fusion is not the same as fission? What you're refering to, it seems, is to nuclear fission. That is already done in nuclear plants using enriched uranium.

Nuclear fusion uses hydrogen isotopes and transforms it into helium. Like what happens in the core of stars. It releases an immense ammount of energy. A prototype is under construction in France.

I thought you were aware of this O.o

I'm sorry if I confuse the word "fusie" and "splijting",which are Dutch words together. I do know about the uranium being split into Ba and neutrons(called fission) and this is surely unlikely to tam. About fusion, how would you even reinforce the alpha parts from the ship? And by the way fusion isn't an on-going reaction. I thought you were aware about this (if you have chosen the technical way

On A-level). It's good I do a lot of research right now in my current study. Mind the basics of space & aircraft gentleman, masses pull each other. You're suggesting fusion right now as an option,but there never will come more product parts for the begin* reaction(hate reactions in the chemics :/ ). And Tharkoal, I read the article and it's an advantage. Good they're working on this, but it's still no solution to the escape of Earth's gravity. There NEVER will. If you've come down to the previous phrase, reread my section and then you know why. If you still believe we can escape Earth's gravity Tharkoal, I gladly hear your plans.

Edit: *-> roughly translated from google translate

Edited by Seventhwolf