Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A question to the devs

Thorkoal

Isnt it an ongoing reaction in stars? Im aware that we cant still reproduce the same as in the stars. Currently they're doing a sphere with several holes where highly energetic laser beams pass throught them converging in the center, where a small particle of deuterium or titrium is located.

When they hit it, the hidrogen core turns into a helium core and massive ammounts of energy are released. Correct?

Im only 18 y.o. and im doing math in high school still, im no engineer or anything of the sort, so I dont know what alpha parts are O.o and I'm not expected to. You are ^^

You're suggesting fusion right now as an option,but there never will come more product parts for the reaction(hate reactions in the chemics :/ ).

What? O.o

And Tharkoal, I read the article and it's an advantage. Good they're working on this, but it's still no solution to the escape of Earth's gravity. There NEVER will. If you've come down to the previous phrase, reread my section and then you know why.

The article was about antimatter, not nuclear fusion. Why do you keep saying there's no solution to escape Earth's gravity when we have sent countless satelites and probes into space? O.o I don't think you're explaining yourself very well...

Edited by Thorkoal

The game never states how much time it takes to travel to missions. You don't seriously think it's instant because you can start a mission as soon as you click on it do you? Game might get a little dull if they forced you to sit at your computer for days or weeks to get to a mission.

Half of EVE was autopiloting through warpgates. So I agree.

Anyway it says on the game's factions page that they're all human. Or were human. Grineer are physically weak space-suit reliant human clones, and the Corpus aer a ruling elite with all the money for trading and robots to fight for them. Tenno were put in cryosleep years ago, and their sworn duty is to "protect" the system by recapturing it from the insidious empire that rules it now.

I don't mean we should wait days or hours even, thats absurd. But I'd like some sense of traveling from one point to another, something we could see out the windows of our ships. Some sound and effects during like 10 seconds and its done... that's what I'm saying O.o

"The Tenno are descendants of an ancient and mystical civilization of lost warriors from the Orokin era on Earth."

This is what's on the website. This does NOT mean they are human. Only that they came from Earth during the Orokin era (wonder what year is that...).

"While the memories of the Tenno have faded over time, their mastery of guns, blades, and Warframe exo-armor has not."

Basically we know how to kick &#!, but we don't really know why. So a lot of stuff can fit in the past. Like what they are. Yes, they can forget who and what they are and still be able to remember how to chop a grinneer in half. Its called muscle memory! :D

Half of EVE was autopiloting through warpgates. So I agree.

That means the warp bubble had to be created by a gate and you would "catch a ride" in it to wherever you wanted to go.

What I'm proposing is to have the warp drive on your ship, so you could create the warp bubble ourself, eliminating all the needless traveling.

Besides, this game doesnt include driving a ship, so no worries about that :D

Isnt it an ongoing reaction in stars? Im aware that we cant still reproduce the same as in the stars. Currently they're doing a sphere with several holes where highly energetic laser beams pass throught them converging in the center, where a small particle of deuterium or titrium is located.

When they hit it, the hidrogen core turns into a helium core and massive ammounts of energy are released. Correct?

Im only 18 y.o. and im doing math in high school still, im no engineer or anything of the sort, so I dont know what alpha parts are O.o and I'm not expected to. You are ^^

What? O.o

The article was about antimatter, not nuclear fusion. Why do you keep saying there's no solution to escape Earth's gravity when we have sent countless satelites and probes into space? O.o I don't think you're explaining yourself very well...

1. Alpha part are called helium parts. They're very damaging because of their size in comparison with beta and gamma. I put these parts in a tank(small amount with constant k=1 which means the moderator is perfectly balancing the reactions) and what I saw is that the tank cracked. This project was taken in a special part of the university reinforced with Pb, don't worry our school isn't dangerous we are well protected with suits made of Pb(we only use these suits when we are using beta parts because alpha aren't dangerous from a far distance. And no, there's no ongoing reaction in fusion(stars where the fusions stopped are called white dwarfs or neutronstars). By the way, in the Netherlands we have to know about this fusion/fission already in secondary school. Lucky you ;)

2. The intro said major experimental advantage which refers to the cooling method by producing less kJ an hour. The second last section refers to the advantage again. About the Earth's gravity, I'll show you how the probe stays in orbit if you want to know. And I'll show you the difference over a further distance by using the formula Fg=G•M•m/r. If you don't understand, I gladly introduce you to Lorentz forces

What maths do you follow? I'm curious because Iwant to take another education class after I finished master. Technival maths or econometry? Should actually have combined these two educations because I loved maths too and was good at it.

Edit: http://nl.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kernfusie maybe there's an english version? Read the fourth section(for me at least it's the fourth)

One last thing: let's discuss through another internetsites because this is not related to the topic of this post

Edited by Seventhwolf

1. Alpha part are called helium parts. They're very damaging because of their size in comparison with beta and gamma. I put these parts in a tank(small amount with constant k=1 which means the moderator is perfectly balancing the reactions) and what I saw is that the tank cracked. This project was taken in a special part of the university reinforced with Pb, don't worry our school isn't dangerous we are well protected with suits made of Pb(we only use these suits when we are using beta and gamma parts because alpha aren't dangerous from a far distance. And no, there's no ongoing reaction in fusion(stars where the fusions stopped are called white dwarfs or neutronstars). By the way, in the Netherlands we have to know about this fusion/fission already in secondary school. Lucky you ;)

2. The intro said major experimental advantage which refers to the cooling method by producing less kJ an hour. The second last section refers to the advantage again. About the Earth's gravity, I'll show you how the probe stays in orbit if you want to know. And I'll show you the difference over a further distance by using the formula Fg=G•M•m/r. If you don't understand, I gladly introduce you to Lorentz forces

What maths do you follow? I'm curious because Iwant to take another education class after I finished master. Technival maths or econometry? Should actually have combined these two educations because I loved maths too and was good at it.

Edit: http://nl.m.wikipedi.../wiki/Kernfusie maybe there's an english version? Read the fourth section(for me at least it's the fourth)

I know how a probe stays in orbit, the radial velocity must generate enough centrifugal force so it doesnt fall onto the planet but not so much so it goes out of orbit.

But we all know stars have a very long lifespan. So how is this true, when you say fusion isn't an ongoing reaction? It goes on till there is no more H2 left in the star and the star colapses with the force of it's own gravity (fusion creates energy and sends outward, while gravity pulls matter towards the core of the star). So, if we provide the reactant (hydrogen or some other isotope) the reaction would go on and on till there's nothing left to react with. Am I wrong? TEACH ME :D

Well, math in 12th grade is probabilities, functions, complex numbers and some other crap. Still got 16/20 last period ^^ Im still doing it cuz i failed last year... on the exam O.o

1. I might have drawings left from my secondary school about going out of orbit. I remember that the question is about the forces on a particular object and what they asked was to draw different images by using the graphs in this questuin.

2. Stars have a long life-span because they contain a lot of deuterium and titrium, but of course they do die. Long life span doesn't mean they last forever. The first and second phrase of the 2nd section don't have a real logic(long life span; ongoing reaction what?). If the stars had an on-going reaction, well humanity doesn't need to worry about being burnt by a red giant a lotof years later. Deuterium+titrium->helium+neutron+E this is an ending reaction and not ongoing bevause no deuterium or titrium will come back. Mind that in this reaction there clearly is a relation because it's an one-way reaction(damn you chemics): 1000deuterium parts+1000titrium parts->1000helium parts+1000neutrones+1000E. By the way, providing spaceships while they're outside for example the solar system? How?

3. I had complex maths(advanced maths of economics (we call this math A and this goes mostly about chances and imaginary numbers) and technical stuff (we call this maths B and this goes about gradients of graphs and areas etc.)). Had scored 100% for B but for A 84%. I want to go outside the Netherlands eventually and want to study maths in the UK. Any leads on technical maths, even though maths A suits me too?

Edit: I hate chemics except for the calculations

I beg your pardon if I'm wrong you're from UK

Edited by Seventhwolf

1. I might have drawings left from my secondary school about going out of orbit. I remember that the question is about the forces on a particular object and what they asked was to draw different images by using the graphs in this questuin.

2. Stars have a long life-span because they contain a lot of deuterium and titrium, but of course they do die. Long life span doesn't mean they last forever. The first and second phrase of the 2nd section don't have a real logic(long life span; ongoing reaction what?). If the stars had an on-going reaction, well humanity doesn't need to worry about being burnt by a red giant a lotof years later. Deuterium+titrium->helium+neutron+E this is an ending reaction and not ongoing bevause no deuterium or titrium will come back. Mind that in this reaction there clearly is a relation because it's an one-way reaction(damn you chemics): 1000deuterium parts+1000titrium parts->1000helium parts+1000neutrones+1000E. By the way, providing spaceships while they're outside for example the solar system? How?

3. I had complex maths(advanced maths of economics (we call this math A and this goes mostly about chances and imaginary numbers) and technical stuff (we call this maths B and this goes about gradients of graphs and areas etc.)). Had scored 100% for B but for A 84%. I want to go outside the Netherlands eventually and want to study maths in the UK. Any leads on technical maths, even though maths A suits me too?

Edit: I hate chemics except for the calculations

I beg your pardon if I'm wrong you're from UK

Thats exactly what I know about satelites not crashing into the earth, thats point 1 xD

On point 2, I dont know the terms in english so I might have made an error when I said it was an "ongoing reaction". It seems to last various human generations, so it seems to us that it might never end, for as long as there are reactants for the reaction to take place. So it's suitable to use as fuel because the energy is immense compared to the volume needed to store the reactant. About providing ships with fuel in interstellar travel... well, hydrogen is the most abundant element in the universe. SpaceX will figure it out ;)

I only have what you call Math A. Its called Math A here as well :P Its nothing much but combined with biology, chemistry, physics, physical education, english and some more i cant remember now, its kinda hard. And the schedule here is the worst in Europe.

And no, sadly I'm from Portugal :(

I don't mean we should wait days or hours even, thats absurd. But I'd like some sense of traveling from one point to another, something we could see out the windows of our ships. Some sound and effects during like 10 seconds and its done... that's what I'm saying O.o

This would be a very, very cool loading screen, or pre-mission game-drop launch lobby.

Thats exactly what I know about satelites not crashing into the earth, thats point 1 xD

On point 2, I dont know the terms in english so I might have made an error when I said it was an "ongoing reaction". It seems to last various human generations, so it seems to us that it might never end, for as long as there are reactants for the reaction to take place. So it's suitable to use as fuel because the energy is immense compared to the volume needed to store the reactant. About providing ships with fuel in interstellar travel... well, hydrogen is the most abundant element in the universe. SpaceX will figure it out ;)

I only have what you call Math A. Its called Math A here as well :P Its nothing much but combined with biology, chemistry, physics, physical education, english and some more i cant remember now, its kinda hard. And the schedule here is the worst in Europe.

And no, sadly I'm from Portugal :(

2. That's very easy of letting SpaceX just find it out :p It's still dangerous to have alpha parts on board because they gain kinetic energy as well. And having even a little volume is dangerous as well, but you do need a lot of energy to travel far and that means you need a large tank. But since I grew up with the raw nature of physics, I'm very strict if it's about rules, notations and facts of physics. And of course maths is highly important too and I'm strict to the rules and notations of this subject too. It's wrong to say "never-ending" of one-way reactions because no reactants will be produced any more in order to let the reaction go again. But of course most people would say never ending because of the huge amount. But in the physics and other beta subjects it's wrong. Another example: most people see the Earth as a round planet. This is not true and it might sound wrong but it actually is a spheroid. This is because the masses on earth are unequally divided. It's just an image most people see but the truth lies in the science.

Good Lord and legendary scientists, thank you for maths and physics :D (yes I'm religious and don't ask why because for me it's a retorical question)

Edited by Seventhwolf

What do you mean retorical question? I'm agnostic, its the most scientific religious position there is. Carl Sagan said that. And that guy... that guy meant business.

You're absolutely right, I'm like that as well, I just didn't know that was one of the types of reactions. Still in highschool :P

But, mate, please think about your said religion... meditate about it. Keep asking why.

It's as endless as you want it to. Ask yourself, why do you go to church? Do I believe? Believe in what? Why do I believe? Why do others believe?

If there is a god, do you think he would allow what is happening now? Even if there is a god, if he did allow this, why would I favor this guy?

You probably grew up indoctrinated by society. Maybe its time you close your eyes and notice you are blind. Open your eyes again and nothing will ever be the same.

I'll just be direct.

Will you expand the lore and the whole game to fit a more galactic setting, instead of the current setting?

In my opinion, when you have 2 intelligent species, one of them must come from another solar system. Especially because we're talking about the Sol System.

I agree with Thorkoal (sorry for the late response I was playing Warframe). It would be nicer to have deeper information about these species :)