Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mods, From My On-Going Studies (New Players Should Read)

PopTartZombie

Question

Mods are not level loot based, they all drop in any level of mission or from any level of enemy. I am starting to see a pattern with Corpus, Grineer and Infestation drops.

Grineer = Usually weapon upgrade mods that have to do with the machanics of the said weapon (such as fire rate, multishot, charge speed, blabla)

Corpus = Generally warframe enhancement mods or elemental type mods for weapons. (such as vitality, shields, shield regen, electricity dmg, blabla)

Infestation = Warframe skills and elemental for weapons (such as Super jump, Overload, Energy Vampire, fire dmg, blabla)

Drop rate, Seems to be higher on defense missions and extermination missions, as to which faction drops more when it comes down to fact, I have no clue, but from my experience I have noticed infestation and corpus drop the most on Callisto, Jupiter and Kiliken, Venus.

If anyone has anything solid, that would be news to me, please feel free to add on to this post, this post is for players who do not quite understand how to acquire the right kind of mods from missions, and in game mod information relating to what they do and where they come from.

Remember, be respectful, this is information for the new community.

7 answers to this question

Hey, thanks for this write up. Will make sure there's no bugs, but the intent of mod drop tables are organized by enemy level. The organization by faction hasn't rolled out yet so it may just be luck that you feel its structured like that.

I've been saying this all week in chat D; Also you may want to change it from doing "types" to the polarities. The wiki has a decent little sheet of what we've noticed drops what. Since different mods that would belong to the same group (i.e Element damage mods) can be in different polarities, it may assist in helping some of the newer players a bit better. Plus it'd help them figure out more about polarity, which is always helpful. But yes, so far there is no 100% concrete solid information saying what drops what. The information about the "these guys drop this polarity" is just what we've noticed so far. I think the only thing we have that's been tested a lot is the "Heavy Units have a 2.0 modifier for ability mods". The reason why Infested tend to drop them more is simply due to the number of Heavy units they zerg out e.e;

@Steve Pssh. You and your facts.

Also, AkBronco. Just throwin' that out there <3

The organization by faction hasn't rolled out yet so it may just be luck that you feel its structured like that.

This apparently doesn't apply to infested, who drop skills like candy! 8D

They easily drop skills 90% more often than other factions, I'm not exaggerating.

i can cofirm that according to my experience, infested tend to drop more frame skill mods than any other faction.

additionally killing 100 enemies in any random mission nets around 2-5 mods while you can easily get 10 or more on def missions, especially on Valefor/ Europe

Hey, thanks for this write up. Will make sure there's no bugs, but the intent of mod drop tables are organized by enemy level. The organization by faction hasn't rolled out yet so it may just be luck that you feel its structured like that.

Yea, from my experiences so far they have been appearing that way, lucky me. Wait, 'yet'? -cough-

Yeah I've started to notice this trend too! Good general mod farming tips!

Understanding mods is a huge part of the game and I would like to get something a bit more solid information wise to give to the community

This apparently doesn't apply to infested, who drop skills like candy! 8D

They easily drop skills 90% more often than other factions, I'm not exaggerating.

IKR?

I've been saying this all week in chat D; Also you may want to change it from doing "types" to the polarities. The wiki has a decent little sheet of what we've noticed drops what. Since different mods that would belong to the same group (i.e Element damage mods) can be in different polarities, it may assist in helping some of the newer players a bit better. Plus it'd help them figure out more about polarity, which is always helpful. But yes, so far there is no 100% concrete solid information saying what drops what. The information about the "these guys drop this polarity" is just what we've noticed so far. I think the only thing we have that's been tested a lot is the "Heavy Units have a 2.0 modifier for ability mods". The reason why Infested tend to drop them more is simply due to the number of Heavy units they zerg out e.e;

@Steve Pssh. You and your facts.

Also, AkBronco. Just throwin' that out there <3

Agreed

I'm sure once they develope onto the factions mroe they will incorperate a ba;anced mod drop rate.

AKBRONCOS STEVE, AKBRONCOS -cries-

Are you sure? It's basically common knowledge that Infected drop power mods more than anything else. Less so for elementals from Corpus and non-elemental from Grineer but the trend is there. I don't think it's luck that when I do Infected Defense, 100 times out of 100, I get tons of power cards.

Edited by Liacu