Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I'm Not Sure How Offtopic This Is (Color/aesthetics Question Kinda)

hedgehodge

(Click to make image bigger)

tumblr_n2e6xpMpWW1qkyoido1_500.png

I'm trying to make my Banshee look like Pearl from Steven Universe. Or at least, as close as I can get. Here's some pics of Pearl as a reference:

Pearl_transparent.png

671d2ee6-be5e-47c9-a332-edb499cee185_zps

Of course I'm probably going to need an Orthos or Orthos Prime or something for the full effect (Though canonically (mild spoilers here) Pearl keeps a collection of swords so yeah). And maybe a brighter cyan color as opposed to the desaturated Classic colors...

right now I'm using the Valentine colors and the default Classic colors plus her Reverb helm to make Banshee look like Pearl.

Halloween and Valentine are pretty much the only Color Picker extensions I own right now (mostly because I do not have the money to buy platinum to buy new color picker extensions and even if I did I have no idea which one is best- I have a fondness for blue-purple/indigo colors so I'm leaning towards getting either the Infested or Twilight colors)

HM SAY, now I'm wondering if it would be possible to recreate the other two Crystal Gems in Warfrarf as well:

001.jpg

I get the feeling Amethyst (left) is probably going to be a Scoliac-wielding Saryn using the Twilight colors or something

and while none of the fist/gauntlet weapons look anything like Garnet's (middle) gloves, the Ankyros Prime with it's golden trim plus some red colors might make a good analogue for them

Gem_Glow-_I_get_a_shield%21.PNG

Also since there's no bucklers or shields ingame yet it's gonna be hard to come up with a match for Steven Universe weapons-wise but he largely seems to be an improvised battler if at all- that and given his chubby build I'm tempted to use Booben as an analogue for him.

StevenUniverse_still_006-300x168.jpg

Though then again he's also shown the ability to form a defensive bubble and the only frame I can know who can make a bubble and is more defense oriented is Frost.

You are taking futuristic, Sci-fi ninja warriors, and trying to turn them into what appears to be cartoon network's attempt at japanese anime. I mean, for the love of the old empire man, she's got a freeking tutu.

But... Warframe is already pretty  DANG anime if you ask me They look like people-sized EVA units or Kamen Riders and they're somehow using traditional swords and axes and longbows on the same battlefield as assault rifles and shotguns and they have weird space magick.

and... as for the tutu... are we even playing the same game? I don't see you complaining about Trinity's weird skirt thing or whatever Volt has.

I don't have a problem with warframe resembling japanese anime, I have a problem with it resembling cartoon network's attempt at japanese anime.

And as for trinity and volt: Trinity has boobs. Anything with boobs is free to wear a skirt. And volt, since you didn't notice, is scottish, he's wearing a kilt. It's a traditional garment of his people.

I don't have a problem with warframe resembling japanese anime, I have a problem with it resembling cartoon network's attempt at japanese anime.

what's the difference? Japanese anime and American animation have been influencing each other for YEARS, don't be so pretentious.

Trinity has boobs. Anything with boobs is free to wear a skirt. 

SERIOUSLY, dude?

If you took offense at what I said then I do apologise, my brain tends to start lagging behind my hands when I'm up this late.

I wasn't trying to be sexist, I was mentioning a stereotype based on the appearance that you didn't get the references.

If you took offense at what I said then I do apologise, my brain tends to start lagging behind my hands when I'm up this late.

I wasn't trying to be sexist, I was mentioning a stereotype based on the appearance that you didn't get the references.

That is not an excuse. Whether or not you were trying to be sexist- you were, you simply were and there is no dodging that.

Nobody ever "tries" to be sexist. They are raised with sexist ideas that come from their parents, their teachers, the media that they consume, and their peers, and in the process become sexist. It usually takes a while for them to realize it if at all. 

Hmm, but where do you draw the line between sexism and recognizing the actual differences between male and female culture within a society? Sexism is defined as discrimination against females, and as far as I can tell nothing I actually posted was more than drawing a parallel between what is percieved as male (or at least non-female) culture (that being anime and sci-fi). If there's no real line then the only choice is either to accept some amount of accidental sexism as inevitable, or a generalization that is beyond realistic.

Also if you mouse over locked colors in the schemes when picking a color for part of your warframe it's possible to see what they'll look like on you. Can't lock it in and preview a suit with different locked colors, but you can at least see what it will look like on that part. If you're gonna pay to unlock any of the colors I'd try to at least include classic, or saturated as their generality is most likely to server you best in the long run. In either case you're probably better off switching to trinity for making Ms tutu, especially with the Meridian helmet (the nose)

500px-Trinity_New_Helmet.png

As for the other two, the black fist chick could be Valkyr with either Obex or Kogake for weapons, the whip girl gets a Lecta or Scoliac though no warframes really fit her shape.

Edited by Decarien

Decarien - if you can't control your hands due to fatigue, maybe it's time to go to bed?  Nothing good will come of this.  (speaking from a lot of experience)

Also, from an anatomical standpoint, every member of the human species has "boobs."  Even males can get breast cancer.

hedgehodge - I like your idea, and I thank you for the new show to watch.  But I don't think 'Frame has the level of customization that you're looking for.  I wish they did though! 

I don't believe Decarian was intentionally sexist, merely stating a personal belief. 

Letter13 - Thank you for that image.  It is now burned into my brain and I don't know if I should be happy or scared at the idea of animu cross dressing Warframes. 

EDIT: Spelling errors. 

Edited by Noamuth

hedgehodge - I like your idea, and I thank you for the new show to watch.  But I don't think 'Frame has the level of customization that you're looking for.  I wish they did though! 

*wheezes* it's really great to hear when someone decides to watch a show becauSe of a post i made or somethin

Also if you mouse over locked colors in the schemes when picking a color for part of your warframe it's possible to see what they'll look like on you. Can't lock it in and preview a suit with different locked colors, but you can at least see what it will look like on that part. If you're gonna pay to unlock any of the colors I'd try to at least include classic, or saturated as their generality is most likely to server you best in the long run. In either case you're probably better off switching to trinity for making Ms tutu, especially with the Meridian helmet (the nose)

500px-Trinity_New_Helmet.png

As for the other two, the black fist chick could be Valkyr with either Obex or Kogake for weapons, the whip girl gets a Lecta or Scoliac though no warframes really fit her shape.

I was actually thinking Valkyr would make a good match for Garnet myself just now, actually. Her arm parts already sort of look like Garnet's gauntlets 

And hm, yeah, there isn't a good physical match for Amethyst which is a shame because Amethyst is my actual favorite of the three (I mean they ALL are greAT but... yeah...)

Hmm, but where do you draw the line between sexism and recognizing the actual differences between male and female culture within a society? Sexism is defined as discrimination against females, and as far as I can tell nothing I actually posted was more than drawing a parallel between what is percieved as male (or at least non-female) culture (that being anime and sci-fi).

WHAT THE BLUE HECK ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT?! since when did anime culture become male-exclusive in ANYONE'S perception???

"actual differences"? eH?

6m9; your social commentary is giving me a headache.

I don't believe Decarian was intentionally sexist, merely stating a personal belief. 

Intentional or not, it was sexist. 

And UM...  I'm not sure how the latter part makes it any different? sexist and racist beliefs DO tend to be personal on part of individual racists and sexists. And really deep-seated at that too. 

BACK ON TOPIC: I'd really like to see a party comprised of Warframes made to look like the four main Steven Universe characters now

Edited by hedgehodge

can I bump this thread 

So uh yeah I'm still kind of hoping to see someone recreate the main cast of Steven Universe with a Warframe party.

So far we've got

Pearl--> Trinity w/Meridian helm and Orthos (or pastel Banshee w/ Reverb helm because it has her triangular hair)

Amethyst--> Saryn w/ Scoliac

Garnet--> Valkyr w/ fist weapons

Steven-->???