Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Done With Broken Lights(Long Post/rant/opinion Of Endgame Player)

Double_DeluXe

Agreed, these stupid lights need to go.

Or at least made visible by having them hang halfway to the ground by wires and sparking periodically.

And triggered by EVERYTHING going close enough to them, including Grineer themselves. And reduce the range from "other side of the room" to a believable range, like one or two meters so that you can pass them with some careful manoeuvering. And add a tileset spawning rule that they cannot be spawned on top of doorways where they cannot be seen until you are right under them.

I also have to argee with the OP here, these new Broken Lights are really poorly done.  In my opinion they should be hotfixed out of the game until DE re-thinks their implementation.

Was running a Grineer map, don't remember where at this moment, but me and my running partner came into a short hall way, that had three of the darn things in there, two hit me, and the third hit my partner.  I went from full shield (550ish) and full hp (470ish), and left the encounter with 170ish HP and no shields, if i had taken the third it would have one killed me out right.  And incase you're wonder this was AFTER they were nerfed. 

And because i never like when people complain about something, and don't offer some idea for a solution.  How about this, before getting to a room/hallway/whatever that contains broken light, have Lotus come over and say something about "there's a electrical issue ahead watch out!" and giving you something the hack/destroy to completely turn off the power in the next room/hallway/whatever.  To add extra flavor, maybe make it where once the power is cut that next room gets really dark, and i do mean slight seriously dark.  That might be a more tecnical problem then you want to throw at enviormental damage but i think it'd add a nice flare.

As I replayed to many similar posts:

They aren't fun.

They are random punishment.

They aren't interactive.

They aren't noticeable.

They aren't a solution to anything, or any problem, nor a valuable content feature.

Yep.. There were two broken lights in the spawn room and my Loki got zapped before I even got control of him.

Can't wait for the DE Defense force telling you must upgrade your computer / internet to be able to control your Loki before lights zap you.

Loki main here, confirming that I'm being punished horifically for playing my frame the way it is meant to be played. It is almost impossible to play Loki on grineer ship maps now, given that I have as much armor as a wet paper bag.

After loosing all 4 revives in one invasion mission to these death lights I vote they either be removed or lower the damage they do drastically. A level 10 Volt I was using just to do the invasion and gain some levels for my weapons and frame. Couldn't finish one of the three missions I had to do for the reward. By the time I was down to two revives I was more scared of the lights than the enemies. I was scared to go through a doorway because a light would zapp the back of my head and I'd die. If I can manage to do a level 14-19 invasion mission without dieing from enemies I want to get some of my rewards from it. I don't want to have to be scared to go through a door and when I try to be careful going into the room still get zapped because it is right above the damn door and I can't see the light there.

I picked up about 4 mods and a bit of oxium before these lights comepletely screwed me. I've been playing this game for months and love it but these lights are just really ruining it right now.

(I hardly post here unless I feel like it needs attention, bear with me)

"That's not a hazard, that's a trap waiting to be sprung."

Broken lights...what an addition to the game aren't they?

Make people pay attention to the environment and stuff...

Except...that's kinda hard when you have an army of lvl 45 Infested ancients running after you.

In times like that you don't have the "time" to look carefully for a broken light that's about to zap your &#! into oblivion.

Let me give you an example, I did an Infested survival mission today. I did it solo, to not be an A****** for people who don't have 40 minutes. I worked HARD to survive that long, died twice to energy problems and twice to my own Ogris because I'm an idiot.

Here comes the beautiful part:

40 minutes just passed!(Spare parts yay)

Extraction room was in sight!

I had full shields and half health, just this one corner an...

I died.

I died to a broken light that zapped me when I passed through a door.

I've died to a broken light before but never in such a situation.

The feeling I got at that moment was pure confusion, it was like I got dragged out of my car, robbed, raped, my car set on fire and then my bank account emptied only to get a call from my boss that I'm fired.

Then it all came down to 1 word..."why?"

I can solo ODD till wave 80, I actually stopped there out of boredom.

No boss can stand before me for longer than a few seconds.(with the exception of multi-stage bosses)

Most of my weapons have been forma'd.

Yet...these...broken lights...are too much.

Why?

It's just unfair.

There is almost never anything you can do about it!

- When you get stunned by an ancient, it's because you didn't pay attention.

- When you take 5 miter shots to the face and bleed to death it's because you didn't dodge them.

But when you die to a broken light? It's because you were the first unlucky bastard to walk that hallway.

You simply CANNOT punish players for not having X-ray vision.

If it's a turret or a camera like to corpus have, a fire on the ground because some barrels exploded or ice because the heater is broken then I fully understand, those are genuine environmental hazards.

But a hidden "broken light" that kills you the moment you get to close?

That's not a hazard, that's a trap waiting to be sprung.

The only reason I died at the end of that mission was because:

I simply didn't have enough health to be allowed to pass alive so I died, end of story

Nothing to see, no time to notice, nothing to dodge, you're dead, sorry you should have developed X-ray vision silly Tenno, hahaha F*** you.

Players need time, a chance, to react to an environmental hazard, every other hazard does that, except this one.

I took 2 hours to cool down before writing this but I'm still angry.

I really hope someone will take note of this, because currently it's not adding anything to the game, it's subtracting something from the game.

It's subtracting 'fun'.

• Double

Reddit link:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/20e70f/im_done_with_broken_lightslong_postrantopinion_of/

yeah. specially when u a low level frame. they 1 to 2 shot you.

i'd be ok if they jsut removed shields. but the dmg they do is more than a bullet. wtf...

PUT SOME LIFE MODS ON !

I never ever seem these lights as more than little annoyance and i see a lot of threads with crying mad peoples, I ve understood then, that players in this game don't use HPs mods, that's a nonsence...

I just ran an invasion for a gold potato.

Walk out of the first room... I die of multiple broken lights.

I keep walking onwards... I get electrocuted to 3 HP and get killed by a normal crewman.

I gave up on the invasion and just quit.

What DE failed to do: Make the Grineer galleon tileset more dynamic.

What DE actually did: Encourage even more afk leechers. Seriously, who wants to go through all this 5 times?

PUT SOME LIFE MODS ON !

I never ever seem these lights as more than little annoyance and i see a lot of threads with crying mad peoples, I ve understood then, that players in this game don't use HPs mods, that's a nonsence...

I want to see you equip your rank 10 Redirection and Vitality mods on lvl 5 Warframe.. Seriously, Grineer galleon tileset should be lvl 30+ if low lvl frames can't survive there.

The game may be meant to be played cooperatively, but that doesn't mean the game should be unplayable for those that want or need to play solo. Much less, diluting the shocks with more bodies is NOT a solution. Thin skinned frames; even with survivability mods still have trouble even at level 30 because while 125 damage isn't terrible, 300 is, and 300 damage is a very real option. Much less low level players, who will be more egregiously damaged. If the game isn't playable at all levels then it isn't playable.

These light should never drain health. The effect they have on shields is more than enough.

Think about it. If we get zapped we have a decision infront of us. Wait for the shields to regenerate or go on fighting and risk getting hurt bad.

That would be an addition that would involve the player into its mechanic. It would eventually make players stack health instead of shields and just go on because nothing can stop players from rushing through maps as fast as possible but whatever.

Now its just like "F*** I got zapped again. I need to be careful or I will die because of lameness.".

And there is the second problem. There are no real mechanics involved to avoid these traps.

There are so many different kind of lights at so many different locations spread everywhere. Hardly noticable. And in many cases there are multiple traps right next to each other.

What is worse most of these traps are UNAVOIDABLE. they hide right behind a door, on the roof behind a mesh e.g.

And even if the leveldesigners managed to procedurally place them on well thought locations where we can actually interact with them except from getting zapped and in the worst case getting instantly killed. In the end it would be a simple stop-and-shoot objective that really doesn't add anything new and entertaining to the game.

For new players they seem to be frustrating and for veteran players they are not really fun (they are not even giving us affinity if we manage to shoot them...).

As a Loki I wholeheartedly support OP, I can easily be instakilled by two broken light traps in a row. Once I walked into a room and got shocked by 5 lights simultaneously, I nearly peed myself.

If DE will leave them in, I'd like to suggest a simple solution: Make it so the lights reduce movement speed by 50% for 5 or so seconds, and maybe take 50% of shields. That way it is actually an anti-rush mechanic instead of a "Whoop, killed another solo Loki/Ash!"

Hell yeah you're right, sometimes I can't even shoot them off, since some od them are placed behind the door which I need to pass, So YOU CAN'T shoot it off unless you have the explosive weapons. You NEED TO see them in order for you to shoot.

I can SLIGHTLY bear with the broke lights staying exposed on the ceiling and side of the wall....but not the ones behind the door which I cannot shoot without getting zapped.

Many forum commentators don't accept the concept of sharing the game.  Anything they dislike, they incessantly call for the removal of even if they are aware that it would ruin a lot of other player's fun.  Such players cannot be negotiated with.  They have to be kept separate.  They need missions that suit them.

These light should never drain health. The effect they have on shields is more than enough.

Think about it. If we get zapped we have a decision infront of us. Wait for the shields to regenerate or go on fighting and risk getting hurt bad.

That would be an addition that would involve the player into its mechanic. It would eventually make players stack health instead of shields and just go on because nothing can stop players from rushing through maps as fast as possible but whatever.

Now its just like "F*** I got zapped again. I need to be careful or I will die because of lameness.".

And there is the second problem. There are no real mechanics involved to avoid these traps.

There are so many different kind of lights at so many different locations spread everywhere. Hardly noticable. And in many cases there are multiple traps right next to each other.

What is worse most of these traps are UNAVOIDABLE. they hide right behind a door, on the roof behind a mesh e.g.

And even if the leveldesigners managed to procedurally place them on well thought locations where we can actually interact with them except from getting zapped and in the worst case getting instantly killed. In the end it would be a simple stop-and-shoot objective that really doesn't add anything new and entertaining to the game.

For new players they seem to be frustrating and for veteran players they are not really fun (they are not even giving us affinity if we manage to shoot them...).

This makes the most sense out of all the suggestions for keeping them I think. Have them only affect shields. Dying to random environmental things is never going to be fun, no matter how much tweaking is done, having them make you easier to kill for enemies is more bearable.

Many forum commentators don't accept the concept of sharing the game.  Anything they dislike, they incessantly call for the removal of even if they are aware that it would ruin a lot of other player's fun.  Such players cannot be negotiated with.  They have to be kept separate.  They need missions that suit them.

What fun do these cause!?

I'd like to know what fun they offer as well. I'm genuinely curious.

What fun do these cause!?

I'd like to know what fun they offer as well. I'm genuinely curious.

I find an added incentive of being careful and mindful of my surroundings while destroying my enemies fun. I also find the possibility of random additional damage to be fun as it requires me to be more efficient with my allowable damage and mod choice. (LIGHTNING ROD) Of course the most fun I find is in thriving in tilesets that some of you deem "too stronk"... It makes me feel great to run Loki on ceres nightmare and survive like a winner. That is by far the most fun. Winners rarely complain and this thread is full of complainers...