Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Anti-Grineer Weapon

(PSN)Eneokun

Question

Sup guys,

so I was looking for a weapon that literally pulverizes Grineers, since I found them to be the hardest enemy to fight.

I need some good suggestions on weaponry and loadouts that focus on Grineer destruction.

I first thought about the Penta or the Synapse but yet I'm not sure about their efficiency, nor how to build them properly for that purpose.

Any ideas you post down below are welcome.

If possible, the weapons should work nicely in general use against Grineer AND in the void (vs high lvl enemies only).
It does not matter if the weapons you suggest are already released for PS4 or not, because this information could be useful for PC players as well.

This is more about maximizing damage output, and less about survival.

My conclusion, the strongest solutions against Grineer:
(after your suggestions, including any weapon in the warframe universe)
Possible builds without Aura mod bonus values, order by dps

Primary:

1. Boltor Prime (Burst DPS)
http://goo.gl/mvnTX7

2. Penta (With Radiation & Toxin, good for hitting multiple enemies at once)

http://goo.gl/eupyRH

3. Synapse (By crit rate & damage and attack speed)

http://goo.gl/4Q014A

4. Phage (Viral+ & Radiation spread)
http://goo.gl/nGQ1Rs

4. Phage (Viral, Blast & Corrosive mixtype spread)
http://goo.gl/70AQHL

Secondary:

1. Stug (Ultra Charge and fast elemental mixtype)
http://goo.gl/AJLf15

2. Detron (Elemental mixtype with high status)
http://goo.gl/pFT1zq

Additional Damage Boosters:

Warframes:

1. Banshee
Sonar = high damage increase on enemies + enemy radar

2. Nova
Molecular Prime = additional damage increase on enemies + enemies slow down + aoe nuke

Auras:

Corrosive Projection = Decreases the armor of enemies

Rifle Amp = Increases the damage of Rifles

Thanks to the players in this topic for submitting their suggestions and builds!

Tell me what you think. Are there better builds vs Grineer, or even better weapons?

Join the research below.

Edited by (PS4)Eneokun

I tend to use the Paris

my melee weapons have the smite Grineer mod on

Paris has high puncture so it tends to be a shot a kill but ammo pick ups for it are pretty rare so it's good to add mods on which increase your max ammo

and the smite Grineer mod increase damage dealt to all Grineer enemies.

I tend to use the Paris

my melee weapons have the smite Grineer mod on

Paris has high puncture so it tends to be a shot a kill but ammo pick ups for it are pretty rare so it's good to add mods on which increase your max ammo

and the smite Grineer mod increase damage dealt to all Grineer enemies.

I would not go for a bow. Single shot and punished if missed. Also a way too slow in my opinion, just can't deal with bigger groups even with thunderbolt. 

Detron, radiation + corrosive, it's a monster against grineer.

The Detron is a shotgun. I don't expect much from shotguns, but I just checked the stats and well, this is a pretty one.

So you recommend to max out radiation and corrosive damage in mods on this one?

And also, how will it work out in the void where you have to deal with different types at once?

Sounds like a nice secondary though!

Edited by (PS4)Eneokun

Basically, any weapon with high Puncture. Those are tailor made to defeat Grineer, just like weapons with high Slash = Infested killers and high Impact = Corpus killers.

Also, though shotguns' proc chances have been nerfed, they're still incredibly viable if you know how to use them.

Sup guys,

so I was looking for a weapon that literally pulverizes Grineers, since I found them to be the hardest enemy to fight.

I need some good suggestions on weaponry and loadouts that focus on Grineer destruction.

I first thought about the Penta or the Synapse but yet I'm not sure about their efficiency, nor how to build them properly for that purpose.

If possible, the weapons should work nicely in general use against Grineer AND in the void (high lvl enemies only).

You'll want something capable of radiation and viral damage for grineer, and corrosive + cold for the void.

Tysis has fairly low DPS, but you can get a holy trinity of corrosive + viral + radiation damage for immense damage bonuses vs all kinds of grineer.

Boltor Prime is also good for grineer due to its puncture focus, but I don't know if it's out yet for PS4.

Latron Prime is another solid choice - it does immense damage and is very ammo efficient.

Again, for grineer, mod for radiation + viral. Viral is effective vs all grineer units except rollers, and radiation is effective against the biggest threats (napalms and bombards. Also elite lancers who are very common in high level play.)

I suggest a puncture weapon like the boltorP.

As for the loadout, the elemental combo of radiation + poison is the best for really high level missions, but for any regular node radiation + viral is better.

Ammong the innate elemental weapons I suggest the stug or the detron with similar elemental combinations

Edited by CubedOobleck

mk1 braton is good enough, i find it to be just fine against grineer and i even sport gas magnet build on my mk1 for so that its not even precisly geared towards grineer and it is just fine so i dont understand why you would want anything better.... for the elements you migth want to try viral or corrosive since grineer are cloned flesh according codex and take extra dmg against viral based dmg

also please refer codex for these matters since it has plenty of information of new elemental combos and how effective they seem to be against enemies of some type

(my mk1 https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/142530-guide-to-better-armament-mk-1-braton/)

Edited by Weke

mk1 braton is good enough, i find it to be just fine against grineer and i even sport gas magnet build on my mk1 for so that its not even precisly geared towards grineer and it is just fine so i dont understand why you would want anything better.... for the elements you migth want to try viral or corrosive since grineer are cloned flesh according codex and take extra dmg against viral based dmg

also please refer codex for these matters since it has plenty of information of new elemental combos and how effective they seem to be against enemies of some type

(my mk1 https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/142530-guide-to-better-armament-mk-1-braton/)

Uh, you forma'd it into oblivion. Of course it's "good" against Grineer. For people that don't have the money/time/effort to obtain so many forma just to make the first weapon you get in the game viable against everything endgame, your suggestion is a bit off.

Anyway, OP - try getting your hands on a Boltor. not Boltor Prime - I don't think PS4 has that yet, and it'll take a long time to farm when it does come out. Boltor on the other hand is available and can be crafted. It's definitely a Grineer killer.

Uh, you forma'd it into oblivion. Of course it's "good" against Grineer. For people that don't have the money/time/effort to obtain so many forma just to make the first weapon you get in the game viable against everything endgame, your suggestion is a bit off.

Anyway, OP - try getting your hands on a Boltor. not Boltor Prime - I don't think PS4 has that yet, and it'll take a long time to farm when it does come out. Boltor on the other hand is available and can be crafted. It's definitely a Grineer killer.

Does not really matter to me what's out or not, I just want a general information on the best possible Grineer killing machines ever so I can create mod builds for those weapons.

Penta. As Grineer tend to hide behind cover and penta headshots quite easily. But if you dont want to risk yourself, Boltor Prime is a great anti-grineer weapon, sorta the midrange option, with Synapse for up close and personal and Soma at range.

2ndary is Detron for alloy Grineer, but the puncture based weapons (Akbolto/Twin Gremlins) work well against all types.

Also, Nova is NOT GOOD solo against Grineer, the bleeds will tear you a new one even after you've evaporated the room. Plan to bring a lot of health restores.

I'd instead recommend something tankier, or that can heal, like Trinity/Rhino(P)/Oberon/Zephyr, and just taking your time clearing the rooms. If instead you are looking for max damage output, Nova works, but Banshee is the max damage increase at high levels when explosions dont chain, and Saryn is the best direct damage nuker.

Finally, and I cannot stress this enough, there are only 2 viable auras for your frame, and energy siphon is not one of them ('cept maybe on healing frames.)

Rejuvenation will take care of those pesky bleeds by topping you up between bleeds.

Corrosive Projection reduces enemy armor by 30%. Its irrelevant at low levels, but by level 50 its a damage increase of ~40% (approx 8.5 times more powerful than Rifle Amp) and works on ability damage.

Mm, I'm still a little iffy about recommending Rejuvenation. If it ticked during the DoT, I'd totally recommend it. But on squishy frames like Nova, the bleed might kill you before Rejuv kicks in. I'd rather bring health restores.

Stug is an outstanding anti-everything weapon, but especially for Grineer. Just make sure not to blow yourself up with it. It's best used for holding down chokes and hallways.

http://goo.gl/icdoRa

To be honest, I'm not sure what the proc chance is like when the balls explode, but it does occur frequently enough to where I might just run Pathogen Rounds over Pistol Pestilence for even more Viral damage.

Penta. As Grineer tend to hide behind cover and penta headshots quite easily. But if you dont want to risk yourself, Boltor Prime is a great anti-grineer weapon, sorta the midrange option, with Synapse for up close and personal and Soma at range.

2ndary is Detron for alloy Grineer, but the puncture based weapons (Akbolto/Twin Gremlins) work well against all types.

Also, Nova is NOT GOOD solo against Grineer, the bleeds will tear you a new one even after you've evaporated the room. Plan to bring a lot of health restores.

I'd instead recommend something tankier, or that can heal, like Trinity/Rhino(P)/Oberon/Zephyr, and just taking your time clearing the rooms. If instead you are looking for max damage output, Nova works, but Banshee is the max damage increase at high levels when explosions dont chain, and Saryn is the best direct damage nuker.

Finally, and I cannot stress this enough, there are only 2 viable auras for your frame, and energy siphon is not one of them ('cept maybe on healing frames.)

Rejuvenation will take care of those pesky bleeds by topping you up between bleeds.

Corrosive Projection reduces enemy armor by 30%. Its irrelevant at low levels, but by level 50 its a damage increase of ~40% (approx 8.5 times more powerful than Rifle Amp) and works on ability damage.

After several battles now, I rate the Penta as unefficient against higher lvl Grineer. It might work out vs the weak infantry, but heavy gunner and everything stronger take the damage as if it's nothing. Blast is better vs. Corpus and machinery, not Grineer. You can put any mods on Penta you want, it's just not enough, even though I adore it as aoe rifle.

I agree that Banshee would be better than Nova because of Sonar, but at this rate I guess, it depends on playing solo or in a team. Both are good in use either way (we are talking about damage maximization here). And also, the slow down of Molecular Prime can help, if modded right.

Saryn would be a good choice too, nice stats and grineer harmful abilities, I should think about maximizing her for this purpose maybe. But she has direct damage abilities, and I would actually prefer damage amplifying skills for my weapons.

Edited by (PS4)Eneokun

Stug is an outstanding anti-everything weapon, but especially for Grineer. Just make sure not to blow yourself up with it. It's best used for holding down chokes and hallways.

Ah yes, the Stug. Forgot about it :(

It's particularly effective against Grineer because it splits its damage between Corrosive and Radiation, both of which partially ignore armor of their respective types.

After several battles now, I rate the Penta as unefficient against higher lvl Grineer. It might work out vs the weak infantry, but heavy gunner and everything stronger take the damage as if it's nothing. Blast is better vs. Corpus and machinery, not Grineer. You can put any mods on Penta you want, it's just not enough, even though I adore it as aoe rifle.

At higher levels, you need to mod it Radiaiton/Toxin, not viral, as toxin will partially ignore armor on Ferrite enemies and Viral wont. I also suggest using the event mods; around 1 in 5 chance to knock down and ~8% chance for a radiation proc is pretty awesome CC on top of great damage. 

Penta: http://goo.gl/MG2wp6 (Swapping 60% toxin vs elec as you prefer, toxin will do more to gunners)

Admittedly yes, it will struggle against Gunners, but so will EVERY weapon built to radiation. I would suggest bringing a separate sidearm built Corrosive if its that much of a problem to you, or cc the gunners and kill them a little slower.

Corrosive Projection also plays a huge role here. With 3-4 of them on a team, you can start building pure Viral and get +75% to everything, basically unmitigated by armor. Then you dont have to choose between building against Gunners or Napalms.

Sup guys,

If possible, the weapons should work nicely in general use against Grineer AND in the void (vs high lvl enemies only).

It does not matter if the weapons you suggest are already released for PS4 or not, because this information could be useful for PC players as well.

My conclusion, the strongest solutions against Grineer:

(after your suggestions, including any weapon in the warframe universe)

Builds without Aura mods

Primary:

Boltor Prime 

http://goo.gl/6CZg3J

Phage

http://goo.gl/nGQ1Rs

Phage (Blast mixtype)

http://goo.gl/70AQHL

Secondary:

Detron

http://goo.gl/pFT1zq

Warframes:

Nova

Molecular Prime = additional damage increase on enemies + enemies slow down + aoe nuke to truly maximize the damage

Banshee

Sonar = high damage increase on enemies + enemy radar

Tell me what you think. Are there better builds vs Grineer, or even better weapons?

So far Phage seems to be my favorite, I really can't find anything better for now.

that boltor prime build

why is there no split chamber?

that boltor prime build

why is there no split chamber?

Holy crap. You are right, I didn't add Split Chamber. Must've overseen it.

I was already wondering about the low damage...

There. I added a new link to my main post. Makes more sense now.

Mm, I'm still a little iffy about recommending Rejuvenation. If it ticked during the DoT, I'd totally recommend it. But on squishy frames like Nova, the bleed might kill you before Rejuv kicks in. I'd rather bring health restores.

To be honest, I'm not sure what the proc chance is like when the balls explode, but it does occur frequently enough to where I might just run Pathogen Rounds over Pistol Pestilence for even more Viral damage.

Dat Stug:
41429.61 Charged Attack
Is this basically a one hit weapon?

Penta: http://goo.gl/MG2wp6 (Swapping 60% toxin vs elec as you prefer, toxin will do more to gunners)

It's not bad, but isn't the BoltorP or Phage a faster solution vs Grineer?

Edited by (PS4)Eneokun

Dat Stug:
41429.61 Charged Attack
Is this basically a one hit weapon?

You don't use it for charged attacks, much easier to spam single clicks.

But yeah, charging before walking around a corner/through a door guarantees the death of whatever's around/behind it.

Penta/Ignis vs the rifles is a matter of how many Grineer are grouped together. The AoE weapons will deal more to multiple targets, while the rifles will be better for taking out heavies. 

Personally I still vote for Penta, and a sidearm for heavies. Detron//Marelok for example, depending on how close you want to get.