Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Level Appearance Make No Sense - Ice In Venus?

MetaMortred

Often I have joined games in venus that were in the Snow outpost!!! that makes nose sense since venus is the second hottest planet on the solar system and it should be hell fire, lets say there is a technology to make the planet breathable but still should not be ice - under no circumstance should ice levels even appear there.

I suggest using lava layouts for those levels:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/19201-lava-and-fire-processing-outpost/

I was actually just in Kilken and thought the exact same thing. I'm willing to suspend my disbelief for most things but now that there are ground based maps having universal terrain effects for all the planets is just a little too far fetched. I'm willing to accept that the Corpus are native to Pluto and that they need to artificially create cold environments for their outposts but the actual atmosphere would be much thicker with dust and the solar radiation from the sun would have much more of an impact. Mostly this is just a superficial gripe and an extra challenge to the artists later on.

Just imagine that this takes place in a different universe with a different ruleset where there is snow and ice on Venus.

Expect the unexpected.

Things don't always have to follow given rules and regulations.

Or just imagine, it's a game and somebody thought about using our universe, but forgot to check facts about planets and maybe will redo some areas after other important things are working properly :)

Also . . . wouldnt biodomes need . . . i dont know . . . a DOME??? we are clearly on the surface of a planet.

Uh..you build bio-domes on planets. And given the technology we are dealing with, the overhead 'dome' could easily be transparent and impossible to see with the naked eye.

And how is not having visible vegetation an argument against a bio-dome? It's a tundra environment, an artificial one at that. Since the Orokin made the changes and left the environment in disrepair. most of the flora and fauna are probably dead from the harsh environment. Anything left over would probably be outside the gameplay environment, ya know, where the wilderness actually is.

And we are playing in an industrialized environment, rarely do people let a bunch of trees and animals stick around when they build stuff to last.

Edited by G3rman

I'm surprised that no one has brought up the fact that in the level select screen, some of the planets revolve around the sun clockwise when all should be revolving counter-clockwise.

Depends on which side of the rotation you're looking at it from.

I agree with OP though. Snow on Venus...what?? I would expect desert or lava. That at least is believable.

I agree with OP though. Snow on Venus...what?? I would expect desert or lava. That at least is believable.

It's moot. even if you are viewing from the same side, they should be moving in the same direction.

Understood, but some planets are moving the wrong direction. That's it. End of story. Spend ten seconds looking at the map screen, you'll see it. All the planets should be orbiting the sun the same direction.

Edited by nojustice37

The conceptions people had of planets before space travel are pretty interesting. I believe that Venus was often thought to be a swampy, jungle world because of its dense cloudcover. Mars was a desert, either cold or warm. There were several theories about other planets as well, like Planet X, Vulcan, and so on. John Carter (recently adapted to film, which is why I bring it up) was actually written in this era, which might help explain either the movie, the book, or my point a bit.

I'm willing to give Venus' climate a shrug, if not for old space fantasy's sake, then for the sake of the lore that seems to suggest that the Orokin very likely could have terraformed the planet however they pleased... and put into place mechanisms to hold the planet's climate steady in whatever state they changed it into, of course. (That's what I assumed the strange towers in the background are for - some planet-wide climate control system.)

Edited by Imseti

Well, its easy to miss but; we never ever visit any of the planets proper, all those dots are either make up or real celestial bodies around the planet with most of them being asteroids or sattelites.

So yeah, Orokin were probably batS#&$ insane enough to terraform random rocks floating in space.

Edited by KONAir

Probably because DE hasn't got around to make more tilesets. ;p

I prefer the "Orokin were really really bored" explanation.

"Hey, let's pave Neptune over so it looks like Canada!"

"Why?"

"Why the hell not?"

sure it looks like Sol but it's not really ever stated clearly what future or multiverse ect. this is taking place in so until the lore gets elaborated on more extensively, the stages are more faction based than planet relative. it's a corpus stage and that's what the new corpus stage design is, so there ya go.