Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Level Appearance Make No Sense - Ice In Venus?

MetaMortred

Well, I know this is probably been said a million times, but I think the environments and map layouts should be overhauled, not only to be correct with the planets but also for variety and more ways of playing. For environments, a desert land environment would be awesome, or a scorching hot on, or in the case of mercury, either depending which side of the planet you're on!. I think for the gas planets, levitating type bio domes would be superb since y'know, neptune, saturn, are all gas planets. Ceres land levels if there is or will be any could be several small bases connected via technology, so it could be a level with a land feel, but still in space.You can guess where I'd be going with the other planet systems, land levels attuned to where they are, it's pretty obvious. I'd put land levels on Venus with desert and acid rain hazards tbh, that'd be cool. Just be creative with it,maybe a zero gravity parkour level in the asteroid belt where Ceres is, I know it's asking a lot but really for a free to play game like this, which so far has been shooting the hell out of everything we see, variety in levels and how we get around in those levels would keep this game feeling fresh and worth playing. It scares me, the thought of getting bored of this game because it's so well put together already and heavily worth playing. Gameplay variety overall is a definite must. But yah, as for planet environments, it would be awesome to see level environments attuned to their respective planets. Even different ships would be nice at this point, I love the current ones and how the levels get scrambled right now, but it'd be nice to not see different models, like in Ceres maybe it could be a ship that shows off the asteroid belt in some way, showing us that the belt is in fact there. Again, it's a lot to ask but in the end it would be worth it. Hell, take the ground maps we have right now and replace the snow with something else even, It wouldn't bother me as long as it coincides with my distance to the sun.

Or just have tilesets based on the faction which built the base/ship, and then have their "outdoor" skyboxes etc. be mutable. So the inside of the ship doesn't directly dictate what you can see out the window.

That way you can mix-and-match factions with locations better.

Edited by HvcTerr

Maybe the sun is no longer as hot as it used to be? or Corpus placed an invisible dome/barrier around the planet and began freezing it for a better environmental feel. It looks nice, could also be good for the machines to be someplace cold instead of some place dry, hot, with lava or sand around to wear down the machines. or The orokin were weird and decided to do something to freeze the planet for no apparent reason and made it so the heat of the sun could not reach this planet... maybe it was to show how awesome they were.

After some quick research on terraforming, a series of solar shades in orbit could cool Venus down and protect it from the sun's radiation. Bombarding the planet with hydrogen would convert the atmosphere to an ocean (80% surface coverage, but only 10% of the volume of Earth's because Venus is very flat). There would still be some problems without easy fixes, like a nitrogen atmosphere and 2800 hour days, but it's closer to livable.

its one thing that do bother me tho. when you blast the window in space your sheald get draind but when you get to evack you on the outside of the ship they wodent realy survive long, and you only se like one spaceS#&$ moves away with only room for one when you are in a group. ore leave the hostage behind :P

i havent read all here yet but i got a teory why venus is icy.

fact 1: like now it woud be rather hot

fact2: far in the future

fact 3: to teraform the planet they need to get it colder

conclusion: somehting might have gone wrong over 1 000 - 10 000 years ore something and now its to cold

thats the msot logical sulution for it i can tink of tbh

Well, its easy to miss but; we never ever visit any of the planets proper, all those dots are either make up or real celestial bodies around the planet with most of them being asteroids or sattelites.

So yeah, Orokin were probably batS#&$ insane enough to terraform random rocks floating in space.

I like this guy's idea. We never actually do visit any of the planets for real, we just run around terrorizing giant mining ships and planetoid colonies around the planets vicinity. If you made a planetoid visible and your civilization makes it's capital on pluto, it would make sense you would try to terraform stuff as cold as possible.