Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So About The Mods....

SaintMorleyDK

Question

6 answers to this question

From this post I'm betting you didn't read the recent hotfix (the 7.5 hotfix) and didn't see this part.

Power cards will now show a tooltip explaining what will be boosted when levelled up.

But incase it doesn't show up, it does what it does better when upgrading it. As in if it does damage upgrading it will have it deal more damage, it just depends on the skill.

You can pretty much figure it out on your own, at least the warframe skills.

If skill is a damage skill (usualy skill 1), it will increase in damage as you leve it up.

If its time based (Invisibility, Iron Skin ect.), upgrading increases its duration.

For most ultimate skills (skill 4), it increases the skills range.

As far as sentinel precepts - still unknown what exactly it upgrades.

But also yea, recent hotfix supposedly added tooltips on what exactly it upgrades.

I did read it, though with for instance the volt's skill with speed, I've upgraded it though I haven't noticed much of a difference, also it says no tool tip when I highlight it.

It doesn't give a tool tip for the Saryn's Contagion skill either, is it just some of them upgrade? or is it covering all of them?

Volt's speed skill upgrades just make it last longer and well none of saryn skills have tooltips and i have notice some other skills don't have ones either.

You can pretty much figure it out on your own, at least the warframe skills.

If skill is a damage skill (usualy skill 1), it will increase in damage as you leve it up.

If its time based (Invisibility, Iron Skin ect.), upgrading increases its duration.

For most ultimate skills (skill 4), it increases the skills range.

With Iron Skin or Invisibility, it's easy to guess it's a pure duration boost. With a straight up damage skill like Shock, it's also easy to guess it's a pure damage boost.

However, for the majority of skills, it's damn ambiguous to guess what upgrades do.

Does Slash Dash upgrade increase slash travel distance or damage? Or both? (it does both)

Does Contagent upgrade increase additional poison damage on melee weapon or duration? Or both?

Does Crush upgrade increase damage or range? Or both?

Does Snow Globe upgrade increase range or duration? Or both?

Does World on Fire upgrade increase range or damage? Or duration? Or all the above?

This is why they need to hurry up with tooltips. Especially with Banshee and Saryn, since they are the new frames and people have less experience with them, and thus not know what their skills do.