Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pistol Warframe

CautionWetFloor

Question

3 answers to this question

I don't think there's a specific warframe that works better with pistols as others, as none of the frames gives a specific bonus to any of the pistol stats. The only thing that would influence the choice would be if you'd like your pistol-centered gameplay to be high-mobile or slow-tanky, and chose a warframe fitting any of those styles.

Especially since the pistols themselves have quiet a variety of different stats and feels to them, making a generic 'this warframe == pistol frame' statement kind of hard.

If Loki is not working for you though (i guess cause he's a rather squishy frame), I'd try something more tanky like the Rhino or Frost, you'll lose some mobility, but the higher base health/shield translate to higher survivability in general. Allowing you to get closer and expose yourself longer to enemy fire before having to get back into cover.

Lokis invisibilty certainly works better with melee weapons, thanks to the high damage increase if you hit people while cloaked. But it'll still allow you to redeploy or as a panic button when surrounded. I understand that it's not a prefect choice for firearms based frame though.

What works well for me as a 'ballistic' frame in general is Frost. You can deploy a spheric shield that allows you to fire your weapon at the enemy in relative safety, it might not have the damage-increase of Volts shield, but it covers 360° and Frost is a lot tougher, making your retreat safer once your shield runs out.