Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Game Mode Concept : Theft

Deidaku

Here's the deal!

It's an approach of the old raid mode  with more stealth 

The lotus gives you a hologragphic device that disguises you as an enemy unit .  ( Grineer lancer or corpus crewman)

Best example I found : Psycho pass the hologram disguisespsycho-pass-0204.jpg

The disguise device works for a limited amount of time and then you have to wait for it to cool down to re disguise again. Which means you can't stay in the middle of the enemy too long and risk being discovered 

Your team must delve deep into enemy lines to retrieve and artefact.

but on your way there you must sabotage the place as much as possible . ( Think ME2 before the missions , the choices you made could influence enemy behavior and spawns = the archangel vs mercenaries level )  = pre hacking moa cabinets or Setting an elevator to explode after use , setting high explosive charges given by the lotus , to destroy some walls to escape faster and so on.( EDIT this part is very optional , it might make the game too sluggish) 

You can assassinate some enemies but when you attack ( whether it's melee , or ranged ) the disguise wears off  for a few seconds making you visible and therefore risking alerting the entire facility. As usual when see an enemy could set on the alarm. = which means a silent melee kill would be the most efficient way to go.

There targets to assassinate  = they are the ones who hold the keys to the vault where the artefact is resting. There are 4 separate keys.  Your team can either go after 1 target per player or split up and regroup after acquiring the objectives.

Using invis powers would still leave you exposed but for a very short period of time between switching from the disguise and disappearing (Like the spy in TF2) = use invis wisely 

( Passing though  power sapping doors  and broken lights can also reveal your  true  form but for a shorter period of time) 

If the alarm is up too long , the artefact is moved to another ship or a safer place and the mission is lost.

If you're detected you can go with the gotta go fast strategy  , with a speedframe build ( it would give a lot of utility to these mods 

>http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Shield_Flux

>http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Marathon

>http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Fortitude

>http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Constitution

>http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Enemy_Sense

>http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Retribution

>http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Sure_Footed

>http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Rush

>http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Sprint_Boost

Which means! the usual generic  power strength duration and efficiency builds wont be useful : it force players to take an alternative route with builds 

You can turn it off but if you're very close to the artefact it's not worth going back to find a terminal , just snatch the objective and run to extraction : the usual warframe rush to the finish.

I don't think this would work with infested since they are one being ,  they can notice a stranger straight away imo (+ they can't really set alarms) 

Well here it is , my attempt of a more stealth focused gamemode + with melee 2.0 next week ( we hope) it could easily be a missions playable with melee only.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Deidaku

So wouldn't this just end up being a matter of the players not killing anyone and casually strolling point to point? The idea has a lot of potential, but needs some tuning.

You're right , needs more assassinating XD

I'll think something up 

If the enemy camouflage had to be activated and had some sort of cool down it would make its use more strategic, as now players or teams need to way the advantages of moving quickly and quietly through a heavily populated cell against eliminating potential threats if they screw up later.  Essentially making it a '5' skill that is unique to the mission type.

The difficulty of this is troll pubs intentionally jumping in and screwing around just to blow your stealth. Though Solo is better than multiplayer, since this game has both, both gameplay options have to be considered.

Still, if it can be made to work, I like this idea. My favorite way to play Warframe is as a sniper or thief on an extermination mission, sneaking around and trying not to break stealth as I rid the level of enemies / loot.

The difficulty of this is troll pubs intentionally jumping in and screwing around just to blow your stealth. Though Solo is better than multiplayer, since this game has both, both gameplay options have to be considered.

Still, if it can be made to work, I like this idea. My favorite way to play Warframe is as a sniper or thief on an extermination mission, sneaking around and trying not to break stealth as I rid the level of enemies / loot.

Trolling will always be a problem, and there's not really a way to mechanically prevent it.  The same problem is going to plague the proposed changes to Rescue from the recent Devstream.  Ultimately the issue of less stealthy players is potentially handled by the fact you could kill everyone in the cell before they can hit the alarms.  Or, depending on the distance, spawn rates, and a number of other factors, you could always (I know I'm gonna catch hell for this one...) rush the mission and let speed be your stealth.

Trolling will always be a problem, and there's not really a way to mechanically prevent it.  The same problem is going to plague the proposed changes to Rescue from the recent Devstream.  Ultimately the issue of less stealthy players is potentially handled by the fact you could kill everyone in the cell before they can hit the alarms.  Or, depending on the distance, spawn rates, and a number of other factors, you could always (I know I'm gonna catch hell for this one...) rush the mission and let speed be your stealth.

Yes , but if you go with the speed you'd better be really fast => it will give  utility mods like maglev , and intruder some  extreme good use.

Good idea :)

final level of crysis 2 anyone? couldnt even force myself to read the whole thing to be honest. stealth may have  place in the game, later.and raid should tay in the trash like it is 

Not every one has played crysis 2....

And if you haven't read and do not intend to be constructive in any way why are you posting? -_-

Speed, quiet weapons, and good choice of route is arguably the most 'ninja' way to approach the mission concept if you're going to ignore or at least not crutch on the camouflage idea. I agree that mobility mods and powers would be pretty key to playing the mission as such.

Speed, quiet weapons, and good choice of route is arguably the most 'ninja' way to approach the mission concept if you're going to ignore or at least not crutch on the camouflage idea. I agree that mobility mods and powers would be pretty key to playing the mission as such.

Yes but also the slower frame would be at a distadvantage alone in this type of mission.

But in a team , they can be the ones to clear the path so that the treasure carrier doesn't drop the obective or doesn't die.

No frame is so slow that it should be unable to make it through a cell, or at least to cover, with a decent duration on the camouflage or a high mobility build.  We have to remember that even the slowest frames are still capable of running 50 meters along a wall or climbing at least 5 meters vertically.  Fast frames would have an advantage, but no more so than durable frames have an advantage during defense, or high utility frames have in Survival. 

Building missions so every frame has even odds is nearly impossible and arguably defeats the purpose.  As it is, we've got 3 viable ways to complete the mission, either via Speed, Subterfuge, or Decisive Violence, as well as the (most likely) option of mixing of those archetypes.  Frames and players that might suffer under a single paradigm are free to explore the others and find an approach that suits them.

No frame is so slow that it should be unable to make it through a cell, or at least to cover, with a decent duration on the camouflage or a high mobility build.  We have to remember that even the slowest frames are still capable of running 50 meters along a wall or climbing at least 5 meters vertically.  Fast frames would have an advantage, but no more so than durable frames have an advantage during defense, or high utility frames have in Survival. 

Building missions so every frame has even odds is nearly impossible and arguably defeats the purpose.  As it is, we've got 3 viable ways to complete the mission, either via Speed, Subterfuge, or Decisive Violence, as well as the (most likely) option of mixing of those archetypes.  Frames and players that might suffer under a single paradigm are free to explore the others and find an approach that suits them.

Excellent analysis :O

So more tuning? X)

I feel like we've worked it as far as we can without access to the game's coding or an ability to mock up the game type.  Unless someone else out there has input of course; as it is, without anyone else pointing to flaws or potential improvements I think we're pretty close to the end of the line.