Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #25

[DE]Rebecca

Will some grineer maps get adjusted (hard to open doors(2 man gates), hard to hit door scanners that take your energy)?

Any though on buffing torid and acrit which have been nerfed to the ground?

Will you ever introduce Loky prime?

Will another back o prime weapons appear?

Will another type of tower appear (plz not intercept) or will we get another tier?

Will I be able to use a Glave and a One handed pistol at the same time in Melee 2.0? I'd really love to see that

That's actually a good point, being able to use a single handed melee weapon in the off hand along with a single pistol would give more room for both single melee/non akimbo secondaries to have a useful niche.

-EDIT-

Perhaps in melee 2.0 using a combo like this would allow the full 2.0 melee move set while still being able to fire your pistol.

Edited by Metsudo

Qa: Do you have in mind improving the chat system? 

Qb: Whats your opinion about players losing connection to the host and not being able to re-join after being re-invited? What are you planing to do about it? 

See you on guys, thnx for game.

Melee 2.0(current melee enemies): Are you guys going to retire the scorpion and other melee enemies? I recommend replacing Scorpion with whip grineer. Scorpion is cheap.

Melee 2.0 Combo System(Button Sequence) (This is a ingame potential life threatening mechanic): Would you guys consider using two buttons in sequence to do combos(NINJA Gaiden) where you press Light then Heavy to do light combos and Heavy then Light to do heavy combos as oppose to pressing one button for all light combos and one button for all heavy combos(DC Universe). Or even both systems?

According to this thread:

Which Melee System Would You Prefer? Time Focused Or With 2 Buttons In Sequence?

The votes are unanimously in favor of Ninja Gaiden's 2 button combos(it may include 3 buttons but thats besides the point) as also seen in Devil May Cry.

Many complaints are about lag, another is about confusion in the heat of battle and possibly screwing up trying to remember and executing combos leading to many deaths especially due to lag.

There are may other complaints as well and this system has been tried in many games including DC Universe.

I would suggest you avoid another Desecrate like fiasco where it's creator is adamant of not budging.

And when it comes to lag, remember it's not you that feels it, it's many players with questionable connections and high pings and everyone cannot adopt to time focused button mashing in the heat of battle versus bullets.

Everyone agrees they prefer DMC, Ninja Gaiden, Castlevania to DC universe combo system.

There are those that prefer to have both combo systems in warframe.

Edited by SirAuron

Here's my question..

Can we get new artwork added to the Fan Art section of the Codex every week or every month?

Those 8 images are getting lonely, and DE Megan shows off awesome artwork every week during Tenno Prime Time.

PS. It also needs artist name and title up in there.

PPS. Maybe we can utilize Design Council to vote on what gets added.

Will there be any changes to oberon's renewal? Before the change, it could instantly revive teammates if they were already under the effects of the healing over time. However, now it is a slow heal that is not even comparable to trinity's bless.

i think some weapons need to be buffed...for example the supra...Soma makes every other weapon useless if you are going to high levels (not counting the new boltor prime) (also im talking about rifles, so not including synapse)

the Supra needs tons of resources to be crafted, and high mastery rank, yet it comes with no polarities and its not as powerfull as the soma (which requires mastery rank 6 and its really cheap)

Well i think you all get what im trying to say...we need more variety, everywhere i go i see RHINO+SOMA, NOVA+SOMA

im not saying that Soma should be nerfed, but at least we should have more options (still talking about rifles)

im technically a noob because ive been playing for a month or so, im mastery rank 8, but i think it would be boring to play with the same rifle all the time...i mean, the soma is really really cheap and everyone can get it, and some other weapons like clan weapons are expensive to get (not to mention the previous research needed) and are inferior compared to soma.

im currently farming the boltor prime and i think its a good weapon for what ive heard, but more variety would be nice

in fact, buying weapon slots is a waste of platinum if you get weapons just for mastery and then trash them and keep playing with the same stuff.

Thats my opinion, comments are wellcome

What is your opinion on the fiasco with Melee 2.0 and how frequently everyone is asking?

What was your most accomplished achievement you feel you've made on Warframe so far?

And lastly, if you play other games, what are they and why do you like them?

My question again:

What are the Warframes?

You have sent some mixed signals when it comes to the origin and nature of the frames.

Why do Frames have a gender? Can female Frames only be used by female Tenno?

Is our account not a Tenno that can use multiple warframes (which would make sense gameplay-wise) and is it not illogical to have multiple identical warframes in the same mission if that's not the case?

Case in point: Valkyr

The "escaped" Warframe. Alad V did some experimenting with 'her' - What does that mean? Is there just one Valkyr that was tortured? Or were there multiple ones? If so, are there any Valkyrs that still look unharmed?

Please clarify some of this in future updates and get working on dat lore!!!

I'm not a big story-dude, but I like the way you convey a consistent univers through subtle exposition, boss taunts and worldwide events.

thanks - hope this time my question makes the cut :)

THIS GUY!!!!!!!!

No offense, but Warframe needs more lore. This can't just be another game where you go kill stuff for no reason(that's what it's been so far and it's bugged me since U6 when I started playing) that's what sets Warframe apart!  FIGHTING FOR A CAUSE, NOT JUST SENSELESS KILLING.  Give us story!!!  Hayden Tenno was the first Tenno, and they were named after him. They're not aliens, they must be human, right? Or altered humans? WE MUST KNOW!  We need to have reason, cause to fight for! We can't just run around as senseless killing machines. I can't, at least.  I need a heroic cause to rally behind, and Warframe is the PERFECT game for this.  NO other game can even remotely come close to the uniqueness that Warframe is, and we must have it remain that way!!!  

I also have a question and an idea.

What is up with Ember's Codex entry? It makes no sense. Are they Grineer talking about how someone stumbled upon a shipfull of Ember-to-bes? Are they the remnants of the governments that Earth had before the Grineer Empire and the Corpus took over? I'd like to know about this and the Stalker's entry.

My idea is: Freeroam massive Dojo.  Not a Clan's dojo, mind you, but a full-on, region dojo/temple place. Where you can meet up and talk to people who are in other clans, play minigames! Shooting ranges, and Council rooms where you can go to decide the future of warframe IN GAME!  

Another idea(I know I only said I had one but I love this game so much I couldn't resist)

DOJO BEDROOMS!!!!!!  Give each clan member their own room!  For us to decorate as we see fit, hang up trophies and have a bed/Sentinel cage!  Have our weapons on the wall!  Let us change our warframe's colors in dojo! our loadouts between duels in-dojo!!! To see this implemented would make me more than the happiest person ever.

Also, Ankyros skin that makes them invisible? I want to pound S#&$ with my Rhino like in the Profit trailer....

:3 THANK YOU FOR READING THIS!  If this gets put into the livestream I will seriously pee myself. and jizz at the same time.

1) When can we expect some Void section in the Codex with bps drop tables for specific missions? Checking forums or wiki every time I want to get Primes is a pain in the butt!

2) Will we actually get an alpha version of the new social hubs? 

3) Are Grineer Shipyards getting new units in there, together with new boss or maybe boss rework? 

4) Next boss to rework after Vay Hek? 

5) Any plans for new mission types?

6) Will the campaing or a new questing system be just a linear story mode or are you planning something special like i.e player made choices during the story/ lore mode? 

7) Grineer Shipyards and Infested tileset are getting dedicated planets or are replacing some old planet tileset?

8) Codex expansion or modifications planed? Like lil' lore additions for enemy types or mroe objects in the Codex? Can you change the Coxed scanner UI to be more sci-fi and in the same way oriental themed?

9) Are you actually doing something like Derf Anyo? Is Nef Anyo getting rework? Concepts? 

10) How is Vay Hek doing? Is he ready to be shipped? 

11) Is there any chance to give Lephantis slight detailed graphical remodel? 

12) Have you decided about changing current starchart lobby into our own Tenno ship interior? 

I probably would ask more questions but I am way to sleepy so I guess I'll spam devstream's chat tomorow. :D

I was curious about something that was mentioned in regards to Melee 2.0:

(No, I am not asking when it is coming... I would rather you all take longer and make sure it's done right rather than rush it)

It was mentioned that melee weapons will have "combo" mods to add to the weapon. Obviously, this could be a great boon to the melee system, but also a major complaint arising... Choosing between having that much needed elemental damage/speed/etc. versus choosing a better combo card may cause some contention in the community. Have you all considered making these "combo" cards into something akin to Warframe "Aura" mods? Maybe not granting extra mod points like Auras, but rather the combo mod having 0 drain on the weapon and being in it's own special slot?

I suggest this for a couple of reasons:
1. A weapon combo seems to me more like a skill of the Tenno, not the melee weapon. Adding combos as a modification to a weapon seems rather strange, as a modification to the weapon suddenly does not give you the knowledge to do a triple-backflip swinging your weapon around like a martial arts movie actor.
2. Adding this specialized slot would give the ability to add special polarities to this "combo" slot, which instead of adding/reducing drain on the weapon, it could increase/decrease the combo's effectiveness/ease of use based on the weapon type (i.e Jat Kittag versus the Galatine using a sword combo mod... Both *could* use it, but obviously it will be less effective when equipped by the Jat Kittag).

Thanks for all the hard work!

Edited by Angelus_de_Mortiel

I didn't mean to write so much :O

TL;DR -
Dual Mareloks (that'd be epic)
Adjustments for Solo players - Subtle, not a direct difficulty decrease!
AI needs Self Preservation.
Capture missions become Bounties. Boba Fett style!
Frame customisation - Unique-ifying!
Weak weapons need non-mod-modular upgrades, not a DE-Buff (heh, geddit?).
Account resets shouldn't be a clean slate, should do a CoD (eww) and "prestige" (more eww)
More Tenno interaction outside missions/dojo! Tenno Farmville! (joking ofc.)

Dual Mareloks - Y'know you want to! - 
The Marelok is my new favourite over the Akbolto, I need moar dual wielding for the dakka!

Adjustments for Soloers - 
I'm sure most people manage fine for the most part, but I'd like to see some changes for Solo Tenno, even if that specifically applies to Solo mode rather than One player in Public mode. 
Invasions ease this with buddy mobs, but without them there's no cannon fodder - which help surprisingly a lot when the difficulty scales massively for mobs above 27.

- Also merges with finding parties. If I want to do Void missions - I either have to solo them (Impossibruuu!), or wait until midnight (GMT) and join some party on the opposite end of the world to me with horrendous unplayable lag.

Better AI! Two points to this -
a) When an enemy is directly behind a wall to a buddy mob or Tenno, the buddy mob or enemy will attempt to walk through the wall - and then fire their weapons, as the weapon clips through the wall. That seems like broken pathfinding.
b) AI have no self preservation! I know the Grineer and Corpus are barely human, but only the Infested would run directly into your line of fire, or other lines of fire, or even actual floor fire! Really they should prioritise not dying! (although it's always hilarious to watch a crewman ragdoll after standing on a patch of fire for too long).

Revamped Capture Missions! -
I know they've already had a change, the target now has fleeing AI and is placed in an open space, meh. I'd love something like a Bounty mission (Is it too much to ask for a Boba Fett-esque gameplay? :> ) - Killing them to death then capturing their downed body instead of them being dead feels odd, maybe let us capture them alive, and give us half reward for death.

More Frame Customisation -
So far we can choose an alternate helmet, a scarf, and some badges. I feel like a boy scout.
Can we get more customisation? Sort of how the Sentinels can have bits melded onto them.
Everyone looks the same! (with varying garish colour schemes), even if it's simple things (especially simple things)!

Weapon "upgrades" -
Based on other peoples questions about buffing old weapons to match damage of new ones, what about non-mod modular upgrades to apply to weapons? Possibly only useable when you reach the 30 cap for the weapon. I can only compare this to unlocking scopes / silencers in FPS games with kill x number of y, or reach level x.

Along with this - Some people are asking about resets, what about some sort of Prestige system? (I hate myself for the CoD reference), but it'd give a way for people to reset their account while gaining something - I know we already have a mastery rank, but if people cap that out, letting them regen from scratch whilst keeping certain aspects (like resources / extractors?). Imagine each "prestige" to give you a 10% permanent affinity boost, maybe some useful boost like 5% damage increase each time. (if none of this.. I think people need a better end-game. I'm nowhere near so I can't say!).

Better integration with other Tenno -
As an inbetween casual-hardcore player, I solo almost all of the time, so I rarely ever see anybody else, only interaction is through chat. No idea how that'd be implemented, it's just a bit saddening that I only see 3 other players out of the millions every so often.

THIS IS THE BEST @(*()$ POST I"VE EVER SEEN BEFORE IN MY LIFE

I agree 100% with everything written here. If DE doesn't at least discuss a few of these things I will cry and throw a rhino-tantrum in the dojo. Throw Loki into the wall or something.

Q1: Melee 2.0 seriously when? And I Swear if you Say Soon, around the corner, or its gonna come ill lose it. i'm talking about a Date!

Q2: Is there going to a frame re balance? Banshee is never being played, people still hate and complain about Nova, There are alot of skills That are too specialized or useless altogether because of there damage type. Is there going to be some Sort Skill/Frame Re assessment or are the Majority of the Frames always going to wield 1-3 useless skills at a time? 

Edited by cd33

Does DE plan on releasing more Sentinel/Syndana packs or will they mix it up? LIke for example a weapon/syndana week, or a Weapon/Sentinel week kind of thing? 

Also Will there ever be a Clan Syndana? I heard rumors somewhere about that....