Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #25

[DE]Rebecca

Next frame – Earth?

Many players have noted that while Nekros and Oberon are called the “necromancer” and “paladin” - and visually align with those classes - their powersets invoke “scavenger” and “(squishy) priest” instead. Ember has also been called overspecialized since the addition of Accelerant, while Saryn and Volt are spread thin between melee and sniper skills. Can we expect to see an “Abilities 2.0” movement at some point, not just to buff frame powers, but to increase synergy to Zephyr/Loki level?

When making a Warframe’s powers, what do you prioritize? (Frame theme, role, playstyle, niches, synergy between powers, etc?)

Damage 2.0 is still needlessly complex in areas. We have 4 types of flesh, 2 types of Robotics (one of which applies to only two enemies) and 2 types of armor for Ancient Infested (which affect 6 uncommon enemies in total). Blast damage is only positive against two niche enemy types, and weak to common Grineer. Oberon’s a “paladin”, but Radiation is awful against the game’s “undead” analog. If damage tables are constantly being rewritten, when can we expect to see damage retuned again?

I support the above questions and points.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/179405-event-and-location-sanctuary'> I had posted an idea about a tutorial system that could both introduce the new station lobbies, and provider lore to tie it all together. Are there plans for a 'Primary' station to hand-walk brand new tenno into the world of Warframe?

What about making tangable "Void Key" lobby rooms available for PUGs?

What is the timeline for a Lore Only update? The snippets that come with events are nice, but when does DE plan on injecting the primary strain of Story into the game?

Has the Writting team made any headway?

My question...

Ahem*

"

I don't mind really that melee 2.0 hasn't been released yet but...

Why are you holding back on melee 2.0? We are beta testers after all, and this game IS in beta... so we're supposed to find the bugs and everything and relay it back to you guys. Thanks"

My question again:

What are the Warframes?

You have sent some mixed signals when it comes to the origin and nature of the frames.

Why do Frames have a gender? Can female Frames only be used by female Tenno?

Is our account not a Tenno that can use multiple warframes (which would make sense gameplay-wise) and is it not illogical to have multiple identical warframes in the same mission if that's not the case?

Case in point: Valkyr

The "escaped" Warframe. Alad V did some experimenting with 'her' - What does that mean? Is there just one Valkyr that was tortured? Or were there multiple ones? If so, are there any Valkyrs that still look unharmed?

Please clarify some of this in future updates and get working on dat lore!!!

I'm not a big story-dude, but I like the way you convey a consistent univers through subtle exposition, boss taunts and worldwide events.

thanks - hope this time my question makes the cut :)

Have you changed your mind regarding Valkyr and Melee 2.0?

Hysteria (or rather the Warframe as a whole) really needs a rework to transform her from the tank she has become, to the berserker she was supposed to be!

This!

I have some questions for you guys:

- Have you considered implanting lore into the game in a more "Subtle" manner? Right now, lore is given to use in the form of events or paragraphs found in the codex. Have you consider implementing it in a way that we discover it on our own naturally?

- How do you feel about the new player experience? Many new players have struggled with getting past Earth due to the new interception missions, and many have also had a hard time collecting the mods they require in order to advance (serration, hornet strike.. ect.) Does this maybe bring into question difficulty settings that will cater to a player's skill level?

- Many players have been talking about a "token system" as a replacement for the RNG concerning prime parts. How do you feel about this? Was implementing prime part trading a way to bypass this token system?

- When I think about melee 2.0 I think about not only being able to use swords as an efficient way of killing but one with the time and effort. What will make melee 2.0 worth using a sword over a gun in certain situations? Some enemies will be hard to approach as you close in on them with a sword while they use rifles. Will there be rewards for this risk?

- Now that we have seen what the shipyard is like, when will it become a fully playable tileset?

- In previous livestreams, you had mentioned a new faction being introduced into the solar system.Do you have any updates concerning this faction and its role in the lore?

- Ability Design wise, some of the older frames do not reach to par with some of the current frames (ex: Super Jump and Tail wind. Modding costs are different but only tailwind seems to be effective). Are there any plans to go back and upgrade/change older moves in order to make each ability viable in some form or fashion?

- Though PVP is not a major focus at this time, has there been any thoughts of adding new game mods to it later on in the pipeline?

- Do you have any plans to make the codex a more reliable resource for the community? As of now, there is little incentive to collect this data seeing as it is readily available in the Wiki. What will make the codex more convenient than the website?

-Why is there a large inconsistency with the tiering of different defenses/survivals in relationship to difficulty? Earth's survival will give T3 rewards while higher end survivals, like Cassini will only give you T2. Are there any ideas that will fix this inconsistency as players hunt for void keys?

Edited by Anatolius

Will warframe ever have questing done with starmap missions, and each one being unlocked corresponding to a story segment? And if it isn't going to be done in this format, what is the end product going to look like, mission wise, to us a year from now? Will it still be mission nodes on a starmap? Or will it be quests laid out with a story that links them together?

For example, you might be tracking Vor on the mission of Elion on Mercury, and as apart of your next quest you have an option:

Try to seek out Vor's hideout on a nearby Grineer asteroid mining facility donned the Tolstoj?

Or defend Orokin technology from Grineer forces on Lares?

Please dont talk about melee 2.0, we dont want it. :-)

Will you make dual versions of all pistols in the future and make the single version worthless? At the moment every dual version is slightly better, users who like to wield single pistols (because of style reasons) are quite annoyed by this.

Any updates on the corpus freeze ray and the main weapon crossbow?

Volt, will he ever get some love and become what his description says, "a potent alternative to gunplay"?

Also, wil the male frames get a good damage dealer that has a value against high-level enemies. I kinda would like to see a nova equivalent in the rows of the male Warframes.

Let's see, I thought of some good ones during the middle of the week...

Are we going to see alternate version of the Warframes, such as a Banshee Wraith or Vauban Vandal?

Are Vandal/Wraith weapons going to get unique models, or are they doomed to be custom skins?

Since the addition of tons more weapons, and mods, are we ever going to see "Pistol/Rifle/Bow" mods combined into "Ranged"?

Are Kubrow planned to be Sentinel replacements, or are they going to be pets?

Will we be able to get Feral Kubrow/Militarized Kubrow/Tenno Kubrow?

Will there be an exotic Orokin-esque Kubrow?

Will there be an Infested Kubrow?

The release of Imperator Syandana and new Sentinel accessories are great Platinum sinks. Is this the start of a shift away from 'new content' to 'building on existing' content, within the studio?

Hubs each having their own design style?

I would -love- LOVE! To hear more about factions, specifically either/or of the big factions. Is there any possibility that we can replace Lotus with the voice of Grineer Queens, or are they too detached from the front lines that we'd be taking orders from Vor?

Questions for everyone on the couch. Thank you in advance!

*How do you envision the lobby system beyond the initial area. Do you intend to make the lobby system similar to what is in PSO 2 or improve upon that?

*With the lobby system, will we have area's that you can freely explore and interact with multiple groups? Example: Similar to the public free roam area's in PSO 2.

*What will the limit be client side for visible players in a lobby?

*With the introduction of the lobby system, is this the beginning of dedicated servers?

*Will the Badlands offer "challenging" content for the experienced player? Such as players rank 15 and up to rank 30? My definition of challenging is unforgiving and merciless enemies that will make you whimper in fear.

How will the new melee system affect Valkyr? Will we be able to cusomize her combos with the mods on our equipped weapon? Or will the weapon she spawns by using the ability have its own combo tree?

Next frame teaser?

Will Vey Hek be the boss of the shipyards? Which planet will the shipyards be at?

Love all the hard work you guys are putting into this, keep it up!

Here's my questions:

1.) If PS4 had the Highest Tier of Ember Prime Access, why can't we have it for Rhino Prime Access? Is there a new rule Sony made or something?

2.) Can you increase the spawn rate of the Stalker/Harvester/Grustrag Three? If i'm going to do 5 invasions (or kill a boss in the Stalker's case) to get these guys to spawn, then why can't there be a greater chance for them to show up than 2.5%+0.5 per deathmarked person in the group?

3.) Are there any future plans on fixing the Exterminate Alerts on PS4 where the enemies never spawn (not sure if it happens on PC)?

BTW, Great game! Loved it since i first played it on PC then moved to the PS4. Keep up the good work!

Edited by (PS4)LoneWolfSpy

Not sure if this has been answered in a previous thread/stream but ill go ahead and try and ask anyway.

We've heard a lot about PC to PS4 account migration but i was curious as to whether it would be possible to do the reverse as quite a few of my friends are on PS4 but want to migrate to PC with their equipment and mods in-tact.

Being that melee 2.0 will be a rather large departure from the previous system, are there any plans to add a dojo room where we can practice the new system with our melee weapons and their new combo systems? As doing this in the field will become tedious rather quickly

Rhino prime got exclusive visual version of skill; could we simply get PRIME MOD with altered visual effect for that skill instead being stuck with version we might not like ? Not saying to release altered visuals for all released skills right away, you could release them gradually.

With release of new sentinel we got another ability for it. Would it be possible to make those skills equipable for other sentinels ? It would be awesome to have custom sentinel like Djinn with Dethmachine gun using Vacuum and ocassionally scanning enemies to our codex.

When Mag Prime was released there was possibility of fusing Prime and non prime warframe together mentioned. What is your current stance on that ?

Dojo research got expanded again with latest sentinel. Why are you enforcing players to join any clan to access new content ?

Currently I'm playing with 2 friends on daily basis where only I can make lobby where both of them can join, but if they make lobby they can't join each other. This becomes really problematic when we want run some void runs and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD I don't have infinite credits to accept all keys via trade !

When G3 were added players realized there are multiple different death marks, could you add way to check if we are currently marked and by whom ?

Recently I maxed my last primary and secondary weapon, while I do find it awesome to play with my favourite weapon I also feel like I'm wasting affinity by not ranking up anything, could we get "affinity bank" that could store 1/10th of gained excess of affinity to use on forma'ed weapons/warframes only ?

Also will Braton Vandal be rereleased in some way ? Same for other Vandal/Wraith weapons.I know plenty of players who would love to use their lingering credits to get one of those.

Edited by Seamur

1) Will we be seeing any new tiles added to the older tilesets? The Corpus ship in particular, as well as the outpost, really need touch-ups and new rooms. In addition, will we ever see Neptune's Corpus Indoctrination Temples? Are they in the works, a later project, or something you're not planning on right now?

2) Raw damage powers don't seem to scale with enemy level as much as Nyx's or Loki's abilities which deal little to no damage but scale regardless of level. Is there a plan to remedy this or will the set amount of damage remain the norm?

3) Will melee 2.0 include a special bonus for melee weapons (such as melee weapon auras that could grant additional attack speed, charge speed, etc.) to make them more appealing? If so, how will this be executed?

Next frame – Earth?

DE already said no to making the Earth frame and even if they were the next one isnt earth.

Questions and ones that almost no one asks

How are you doing DE?

Are you keeping the stress levels low?

Are you still having fun with all of the community?

Edited by Sasoka