Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #25

[DE]Rebecca

So not to make this another devstream all about Melee 10.2 here are a few off topic questions:

1- Will Vay Hek, the Grineer Shipyards and the Hubs be bundled into U13?

2- Whats up with that awesome and exciting performance/optimization pack Steve talked about on the last Livestream? (he even rubbed his hands with excitment but where is it?) 

3- Scott are there any plans for higher and better mastery rank weapons and rewards?

4- Will the infested be making their comeback with U13 or in a later date?

5- Can u guys give us a sneak peak on the next frame? :D

6- Plans on other ways to have lore present in the game besides the Codex (*whispers* it's a bit boring tbh)? Future plans for lore besides the codex and events!?

7- Sheldon, news on the swag store? I needs me some Warframe hoodies son! :D

Edited by Bazools

Situation: Mag Prime is the same as default Mag, only with an additional polarity slot. Ember Prime is the same as default Ember, only with an altered polarity slot (not an additional one). Rhino Prime, on the other hand, has the additional polarity slot as well as a speed boost and specific visual effects for some of his powers.

Question: Will the other prime warframes receive the same amount of attention Rhino Prime is currently receiving?

Posting my usual subjects if you don't mind.

Q1. Why did you nerf the Lato and Aklato so much over the months? Especialy why did you nerfed the Vandal and Prime version aswell?

Q2. Considering that Valkyr's design only makes sense for a single character not a class of "exo-suits", it raises the question for me. Are Warframes one of a kind character, who just for the sake of gameplay can appear in multiple numbers at the same place, or do they represent character classes with each containing a different individual?

Q2.B. If Valkyr is a class of Warframe, why would the Tenno replicate the original escaped Tenno's appearance like that, including all the clumsily "implanted" devices by the Corpus?

Q3. Will melee 2.0 include the ability to keep a weapon charged without the time limit? I always find it annoying when my charge releases too early because the enemy just happend to step 1 meter away all of a sudden.

Q4. What exactly qualifies a weapon as clantech and what qualifies it as freely aquirable via the market (in blueprint form)?

Q5. Why are there suddently so many weapons developed by Corpus and Grineer that aren't used by them? If you want to expand lore why do you break it so much with that?

Q6. If Ember's tankiness from the old Overheat was such a problem because of her intendet role, why is it okay for Valkyr to be essentialy just a half hearted tank with an Iron Skin 1.0b version?

Q6.b. Can you please remove Valkyr's awkward mid air floating when she attacks during Hysteria?

Q7. Any chance someone is finaly forced to sit down and clean up the market *cough* 150 plat for Skana *cough* so prices make any damn sense and people might be more willing to pay you money for something?

Q9. Why do you throw lore into the Warframe descriptions, where they shouldn't be unless they are directly related to said frame, instead of just creating LORE entry in the codex to read those story bits?

Can Prime/Non Prime stuff get better balancing then just "primes are better"? Rhino Prime moving a bit faster is okay, but this having no draw back makes him better which isn't really balanced, interesting, or giving the player any real choice. Small differences of pros/cons can basically double our frame count..

Edited by WhiteCopain

Aaaalright, I got a lot, A Lot, of questions & ideas too DE, if you may pay attention to it... :)

I )  What about Stealth content? This playstyle (mostly adopted by solo/veteran players) is absolutely loved by those who want a more strategic way of playing, and is in the continuity of the ninja "philosophy" :

- Can we expect more idle animations for the enemies to bring much more Life to the game? (unalerted enemies talking in their language or even  with the good old english voices for Vay Hek's troops on Earth, an organized patrol walking like soldiers,etc)

- I noticed that enemies no longer go semi-alerted once they see a dead body.Could you address that?

- Can we expect a special type of infiltration mission,where you have to keep undetected?It could really add challenging and cooperative gameplay in multiplayer.

- Can we have the ability to distract the enemy by throwing an equipped little "sonar" item( ex : they hear it, go investigate,but you had the time to reach the door they blocked)?

- Can we expect more environment interaction?Using it to kill a large number of enemies and not just shooting is a cool idea too...

- Can we have a max. amount of alert reverts? Atm you can blast everything before the last two rooms,and still finish "undetected".

II ) What about the wild life you previously mentionned a little in the game?

They will add a welcomed variety in the game (We Really need a variety   of enemies)

III ) What about the "Focus" mode that you hinted us in a recent devstream? Veterans could definitely like it,just like "Badlands",another point that is frequently asked.

IV )When will Melee 2.0 be released? Can we toggle the button to switch to melee mode? Furthermore :

- Will we have new specialized melee units?

- Melee only mission type,like the mastery rank, with a cool melee mid-boss in the end?

- Will we have more ninja-like melee weapons (with different idle)? Like Nunchaku,katana,lances,tonfa,dual sai (like Rafael the turtle :D ),manriki chains, naginata,fukiya("sarbacane",with poisonous darts for example),manriki-gusari(a chain that you rotate  above your head before hitting),or even tessen (cutting fans)? We would really use melee more, imo.

-  A Tyl Regor rework maybe? This would lead to a real epic swordfight,with parry,counters, weapon impacts etc...An awesome track to follow :p

V ) When and where is the grineer shipyard coming?

VI ) When & where is the Infested tileset coming?(New planet like Phobos?) Will there be other new tilesets?

-  Regarding Infested, can we have various units that can also hit at long range?

VII ) Can we expect a little difference between prime frames and their normal versions?

- Some people wanted the rhino prime to have his Iron skin to be golden,and you listened to them, thus can we have a slight difference in their powers aswell?( an alternate set in the same kind, but a little more for advanced gameplay)

VIII ) What about new cosmetics? New warframe skins(like the immortal ones),helmets,idle animations(there is more than 3 slots atm), and other colors (a Metallic,chrome, kaki,golden palette) maybe?

IX ) Story?

X ) New parkour moves? ( like the ability to hold on the edge and move sidemays when you are hung on a board,so the enemies can't see you)

XI ) Are you working on new frames,and if you have pics, can we have a quick look at them?

That's all I have to ask...yet. :)

Edited by unknow99

[QUESTIONS]

#1. When will Player Reputation be fully implemented?

#2. What is the possibility of getting a roster chart for the clan dojo dueling arena and/or obstacle course?

#3. What is the possibility of getting metallic color palettes for customization?

#4. Once the starmap is eventually overhauled, what will happen to Founder landmarks?

#5. Is there a possibility of eventually giving clans the ability to host clan contests/events? (e.g. Set up missions/goals for clan members to participate in to win prizes set by the clan leader(s) -- team missions as well, perhaps?)

#6. What are your thoughts on possibly adding a small subtitle or icon to players' names/avatars in-game if they are of Master or Grand Master Founder tier? It's a minor peeve, but I feel like that status goes unseen by others almost all the time.

Edited by N0VAXIS

-Can we have numerical updates when removing/adding mods? Too RPG?

-MORE MISSION TYPES PLEASE!!! The community has so many ideas and the parkour/stealth/ninja aspect of the game needs some fleshing out. Anything coming? Time Trials? Melee only? Stealth required? Intense parkour rooms in tilesets?

-Why have synergy like Trinity, Rhino, Nova being able to kill lvl 100+ enemies but no way to access those enemies without an hour of investment? WE WANT TOUGHER ENEMIES!!! I know new end game content is coming but T4 Void, Lvl 60+ planets, or being able to unlock tiers of difficulty on planets (like nightmare except only level increase) seems easier to implement a lot faster. T3 Outer Terminus starting at lvl 100! Having this higher level content easier to access makes it more worthwhile to level up so many frames/items and gives a real reason to buff some frames for this type of content.

-Seriously buff the starting items... new players have it so rough. If people dont have fun with a free to play game in the first 10 hours then they probably wont ever spend the time to enjoy the game or spend money on it.

1. Are there plans for being able to access the foundry from mobile, several times i have not been able to get on Warframe when it finishes and then its longer before I can build the complete set (main concern here is Dual weapons and warframes, or anything else that requires more than 1 blueprint to finish before building the complete set).

2. Helios just came out as a corpus based sentinel. Does this mean that there will be a Grineer based sentinel in the future?

3. I like the silhouette that identifies that your melee strike hit an enemy, will this ever be energy color based of the melee weapon?

4.Are we going to see any pure orokin weapons in the future? (maybe ones that were used in the war against the Sentients?) 

How will Focus affect teamplay?

As from the looks of the roles tagged on to the sets of Focus-related abilities, this seems to be the case.

Many players have also been looking for a rewarding co-op experience in Warframe, but find it severely lacking, even though the game is advertised as such.

Will Focus address this issue? How?

Thanks! A lot of other questions have been brought up by other posters already, so I rest my case.

I have a few questions.

When (roughly) can we expect the first implementation of the Focus system? This summer? This fall? This year? I understand the realities of modern game development make deadlines fluid, but a general timeframe would be nice.

Other than Syandanas, Helmets and skins (Trinity still needs an Immortal skin BTW!) what other cosmetic options are in the pipeline?

Are the Mission Complete and Player Profile screens going to be brought up to the visual standard of the rest of the UI elements? 

Right then, in regards to endgame: 

- What is the state of endgame? How are the badlands, factions, solar rails, etc, coming along?

- What items do we expect to see in the badlands? New items, or will old items be relocated there?

- What sort of rewards should we expect from factions? Cosmetic (scarves, badges, skins), titles?

-Will a quest system come along with the factions to help manage the different tasks? Can someone be in different factions? 

- Will the relationship between a clan and a faction affect a clan member's relationship with the faction?

- Will there be a faction dedicated to the Lotus? There better be. *dead serious*

In regards to other stuff previewed/discussed:

- Any work on a modular HUD?

- What exactly happens in the hub, beyond party making for missions. Will there be NPCs, a wing for beginners, a wing for trades, a wing for clan recruitment? 

- How big is the hub, and how many people will be on it at any time? If there are 1,000 looking at the solar system with current system, does that mean I would see and interact with 999 other characters in this hub? Does each planet get one? How does that work in terms of servers, clients, hosts, etc?

Stuff not really discussed indepth as I would have liked in recent livestreams, that I really want discussed:

- The shop for warframe merchandise. Instead of saying Coming Soon (it was cute when you guys first found out about it. Not so much now), please provide a time window during which we should expect it to come. Be as conservative as you would like. Two month? Three? Six? 

- The balancing of warframes. What exactly is being looked at in that department? Valkyr? Banshee? 

- In regards to weapons. Recent primes have not only proven great upgrades to their base versions, but also great for the class. Latron Prime got a buff, becoming arguably the best damage per shot for an assault rifle. Then the Boltor Prime, offering some of the best damage, period. This is a distinction I like. Prime weapons SHOULD be better than non-prime Tenno weapons. However, is this a trend that will contiune? As in, the Boltor was average, but became amazing when it got a prime. When the SOMA gets a prime (it being a tenno weapon), will the buff be similar to that of the Boltor or Latron?

- Stealth. I don't feel like a ninja. I doubt any of us feel like ninjas. Will a stealth playthrough net us more credits? Unaware enemy more exp? Stealth needs some love

- Parkour/Movement 2.0? Some wallrunning stuff is a bit wacky and momentum can be all over the place. Will improvements be made at some point?

- AI 2.0? Better AI? Will it happen? Not a must have, but when increased difficulty only means more damage/bullets/mobs, little distinguishes between the first and the last mission in a Tenno's career.

- Beginner's Experience. I've been around since closed beta. Back then, with the skill tree, mod drops didn't define player experience as much. RNG wasn't as much a pain. However, with the switch, mod drops became very important. You know how long it took me to get Redirection/Vitality? Much longer than it should have for an uncommon. It was bad, but that was because I was weak and I had a lot of the solar system open. Fast forward to today . I don't know if you've actually experienced what it's like to start, whether on PS4 or PC, but it's bad. Really bad. The power that Loki/Mag/Excal have to offer you both in early game and endgame isn't fully explained, the corpus aren't discussed (even though it's what you fight in the first mastery rank test even though the deal a lot more damage than Grineer), not enough mods are provided or explained... The list goes on. What do you have in plan for improving the beginner's experience in the future?

PS. Please drop coming soon. It's adoption by players was done as a reaction to a livestream. You picked up on it, found it funny, it became something funny about warframe and the relationship between the developers and the players. But please don't keep using it as an excuse. 

Only 2 questions here--

1. How much- if any of update 12.5 will the PS4 be getting? (Any specifics you can share are appreciated-- I think we are getting Frost's snowglobe buff- but besides that? Traps etc? The new Helios sentinel?

2. In regards to the cloth effects for the older frames that need them. Any ETA on that for PC? As I am sure they will be put on PS4 shortly after that! :)

That's all!! Thanks Steve, Geoff, Scott, Sheldon, Rebecca! 12.5 looks awesome by the way!

I've given up on asking about RNG and the market.

Why are Defense rewards still being left as they are?

As in, why is it still just one reward? It's been like this forever.

Staying in a mission does nothing to reward players for their effort.

There have been dozens and dozens of suggestions over the months, some of them are excellent, and still, the rewards remain unchanged.

The idea I had for it was every 10 waves, you would get 1 extra reward.

So

Wave 10 = 2 rewards

Wave 20 = 3 rewards

Wave 30 = 4 rewards

Wave 40 = 5 rewards

And so on.

An idea that someone also posted in the same thread (in response to me) was that the reward screen would have two different groups.

So, say you're at wave 30, there would be 2 groups of 4 rewards, and you can choose which one to have.

This is stuff that the community was able to come up with in a matter of minutes, and still we have the horrible 1 reward at any wave.

*Edit*

Oh, and

Was the addition of Prime Trading your way of dealing with the complaints about RNG?

Look at the leaderboards for defense and survival missions... there are players out there who would undoubtedly abuse this reward system and thus the market would be at their mercy due to an overabundance of items obtained through these missions.

Look at the leaderboards for defense and survival missions... there are players out there who would undoubtedly abuse this reward system and thus the market would be at their mercy due to an overabundance of items obtained through these missions.

If people have the skill and patience to get to that amount of waves, they should be rewarded for their efforts.

I stand by my question.