Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #25

[DE]Rebecca

I know the Snipetron was discontinued, but plenty of veterans still have it. At the moment, many people are up in arms about the Ogris/Torid models, so I'd like to piggyback off of that a little. Will the Lanka be getting a remodel anytime soon? ATM it doesn't much look like the badass plasma induction rifle/railgun/coilgun it should. Also, please please PLEASE clarify exactly WHAT it is. Will it be getting a buff in return for the new bow buff? If so, when?

What are the upcomming plans for making nodes more re-playable?  Currently for most nodes there is no reason to play them more than the once, even in some cases the loot is just better on some nodes though the mission planet, type and enemy levels are otherwise all the same on other nodes (eg. oxium only on kappa but not on any other mobile defence mission on sedna).

With the addition of the Void and Derelicts to the solar map, are there plans for making these accessable by means other than keys?  Or making them available for queuing for random groups?  If in what manner?

What is the planned limit for the number of warframes that will ever be released?  Are there plans to increase starting slots based on the ever increasing number of frames and weapons becoming available?

What will be the defining factor of warframe being 'done', and moving out of beta?

Are there any plans to rebalance the mod system as a whole, if so what?  (curently some mods cost less and give more than others)

What are the stats/ratio of trades done with plantinum to those done without it?  Are there plans to add further items/bits to be tradeable within the trading system?   How much platinum has been traded to date?

A while back we got some screenshots of the Trophey Room and Fish Tanks for the Dojo, whats the news on these and other dojo updates and fixes?

Edited by Loswaith

Can you please address PS4 issues in this Devstream. It has been a long time coming

Why did you guys make the game for PS4 if you were going to ignore us?

- We feel like a Black sheep on PS4

- We need faster updates / fixes

- We need PS4 exclusives, which were already promised

- We need to get more news, half the time we don't know whats going on like in update 12 we are not getting any Alert rewards or very minimal, what happened to them since update 11 has many rewards.

- We need more support on forums , hire a PS4 forum moderator

Edited by (PS4)PD_33

Don't know if this has been asked yet (apologies if it is has):

There's been all of one thread on these forums (as far as I can tell) about this. The achievements ingame imply a possible mastery rank of up to 30 (due to counting up all the way to Grand Master). Any thoughts on how all of the experience needed to get there will be filled, as we're only currently about half way there? Will there just be 500+ weapons/warframes/sentinels added? Will there be new planets in store? Will codex scans allow for mastery experience? Or will there just be a recalculation of the experience to level everyone much faster? 

In short, can you provide any insight as to how you plan for players to reach master rank 30 (Grand Master)?

Q: Will a questing system find its way into this game?

Q:With Melee 2.0 will it ever be possible to equip single handed pistols and single handed swords/daggers at the same time?

It would help bring back usefulness to those melee weapon types and a reason to keep single version of the pistols.

Q:When is resource 2.0 coming?

Q:How is the mission rework coming along?

Q:Any new rooms we can expect to see in the dojo soon? Maybe a resource vault or Mastery Test training center?

Q:Any chance to see more weapons like the Amphis and Heat sword with their elemental slam attacks but stronger? I love the visual FX on both of those weapons and would like to see more.

Q:Any news on when the warframe concept done by Redskittlez- The Locust frame/ Typhus is coming to the game?

You did one from the community so now you must do more because you guys are awesome like that.

Edited by TriggerHappyWhiteGuy

I'm curious about the possibility of an eventual account reset option. I know there was one which was quickly discontinued because of exploits and whatnot. But I feel like this kind of option should be offered again at some point. I hastily and foolishly spent a lot of my founder platinum earlier in the game's lifespan. Since then, the game has expanded significantly and potential outlets for platinum have as well. Knowing what I know now about the game, I would have saved my platinum for things like helmets, syandannas, and color pickers, instead of effectively wasting it on other items. I also feel like this should be an option since the game is technically still in beta.

Question about Nyx: I was wondering if the art department has ever considered giving her a more unique appearance, instead of having her continue to look like a female Excalibur? Hand-in-hand with that, what about using Nyx's current body model as a female Excalibur gender swap option? Why not make male or female model swap options for each of the frames?

Final question: Faction armor skins? I'd really like to see my Ember sport some Grineer armor add-ons, which she could possibly earn from helping the Grineer in the upcoming proxy war system ;)

with melee 2.0 coming can we expect melee sentinels in the future?

on a smaller note can we get little hud icons to tell us we are marked(stalker, Harvester, grustag 3). I find half the time i dont even get a message saying I am marked and if I delete the message I always forget and get attacked when I am leveling my low level gear.

1. There are some non-rare mods that are disproportionally difficult to obtain because they are only dropped by enemies with very low spawn rates. On the other hand players are amassing hundreds of other mods, even rares, which drop from enemies many times more common, sucking the excitement out of receiving mod loot from those units. I think that factoring in enemy rarity of every unit for mod drop rates and reducing drop table variety of rare units while simultaneously increasing drop table variety on super common enemies would make receiving mod drops from them exciting again. What aboot you?

2. Will other planetary tilesets have day/night cycles as well if their lore qualifies them for it(planetary rotation/distance to stellar object)? Will the lighting on space based tilesets take into account the distance to the sun if the ship's interior lighting is shut off it's usually the case for infested and sabotage missions? Sunlight hitting a ship orbiting Mercury would have a totally different character than light falling into a ship's window around pluto.

3. I'm concerned about how future proof the endgame projects focus and proxy war are. The only gameplay mechanics generally accepted by the player base to be considered endgame are ones that have open ended progression like the Badlands will feature. Wouldn't it be prudent in the interest of making the progression a part of a player's daily gameplay experience for years to come that the progression of Focus and Proxy war be equally open ended as well? Examples would be the need to continuously fuel your focus abilities with fuel once you unlocked them, or the introduction of player voting(based on faction rank) to influence the faction's future agenda regarding the war.

4. Are sentinels sentient? Can they communicate with their masters?

5. Is there a lore consistent explanation for the rapid decomposition of dead bodies? Even though the t-cyte virus seems to only infect living organisms, the body disposal animation in game looks eerily like it's the t-cyte virus' doing.

I really like the melee system we have now is fluid so i dont ask about melee 2.0. (and De_Steve answered what worries me about the melee 2.0 during the last prime time, the throwing glaive issue ) my questions are:

1-when we have the little things\fixes that are overdue like miter using sniper ammo not rifle ammo and other things that "fell off" the priority plate.

2-will be possible to someday paint those areas that can not be painted that cover 85% of the body of some warframes as in the case of Excalibur and nyx.

3-better dojo decor placing (any plans on a "online dojo builder")

4-what happened to the login fan made dioramas that win the contest back in Sep 2013. (the void swallowed them or what?)

5-Scott now that he have a corpus a infested and we gonna get a lama\dog ground type pet when we get a roller grineeer on the tenno side (you're starting to run out of excuses i want my black and red roller of doomy :P )

(one last question off topic to the person or persons who thought of the new voices of the corpus are you fans of a "old" tv series called Farscape because I would swear the corpus are speaking Luxan, angry Luxan to be exact ).

sorry if my english is not the best

Edited by DRACO_VANWOLF

Q1: A little while ago you hinted about a new faction and that it Will be the most "non-human" of them all, when CAN we see them inplemented/some pictures of them and how they Will affect the solar system?

Q2: Will Infested get a increase in amount of different units when they return to the starchart? Or at least add crawlers to OD?

Have a good day!

Also, please nerf Rhino's groin horn.

NEVER!

On another (smaller?) note, I've been getting increasingly frustrated with the inconsistency of Invasion battle pay versus Alerts and so have some others. Is this being looked at?

I posted a collection of topics on that issue that were posted a few days ago. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/197532-invasion-battle-pay-inconsistencies-and-speed/