The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Prime Golden Iron Skin Feedback Megathread

HourGlazc

After playing around with Rhino Prime some more, I realize what the true problem with the implementation of the Golden Iron Skin is:

It doesn't look gold all the time.

In certain environments, the Gold Iron Skin actually does look gold, with resplendence to match (even if it's a bit dark at times), like on Earth or on the Grineer side of Galleon invasions.

RQOXsqW.jpg
q3lfQcD.jpg

In other environments though, the Iron skin looks like green algae, or dark silver, which looks even more dull than the old Iron Skin.

zJ47IKf.jpg
kSmOZHA.jpg

Doesn't really change my initial suggestions on what the solution on how to change the Gold to look better is though, but at least the Gold Iron Skin needs to look consistent across all maps, instead of having the environment affect how it looks.

It's kind of been stated what the problem is.. It sometimes looks green because that's to do with the colour of light it's speccing and reflecting. It's yellow, so in blue light it will be green. In other colours of light, it will be different shades of yellow and orange, which allow it to look like gold.

It's kind of been stated what the problem is.. It sometimes looks green because that's to do with the colour of light it's speccing and reflecting. It's yellow, so in blue light it will be green. In other colours of light, it will be different shades of yellow and orange, which allow it to look like gold.

I know, given that you were the one who replied to me about that :p

The reason for my new comparison though is because I actually do love how the Gold looks on Earth, which is as close to perfect as the Gold Iron Skin can be, asides from making the darker areas look lighter. The Gold Iron Skin though doesn't maintain that image everywhere else, which is my main gripe. They basically nailed the look of the Golden Iron Skin down... in only a couple of environments.

Edited by LGear

"Doesn't really change my initial suggestions on what the solution on how to change the Gold to look better is though, but at least the Gold Iron Skin needs to look consistent across all maps, instead of having the environment affect how it looks."

Indeed.  I've actually done just that...it should be rolling out in a future update.

"Doesn't really change my initial suggestions on what the solution on how to change the Gold to look better is though, but at least the Gold Iron Skin needs to look consistent across all maps, instead of having the environment affect how it looks."

Indeed.  I've actually done just that...it should be rolling out in a future update.

Thank you and everyone else working on the issue

I think that most will agree that the best Iron Skin visual was the one back in Closed Beta -- it was simple, good looking, gave you the necessary feedback yet it didn't make your Rhino look like it was thrown in a bucket and galvanized.

Gold might be broken.

But why isnt nobody asking why rhino prime as gone true so much more changes then other primes?

Other primes are simple reskins of the original, rhino p. haves allot of new and big details. Thats what weird.

As title mentioned, i feel that once iron skin is activated on any rhino, it basically covers the whole frame with silver/ gold and you can't really see the colours. 

And this happened to me one day.

Warframe0008_zps91ab7b7e.png

Warframe0010_zps5c45c7c1.png

It's basically iron skin at certain places like chest, forearms and legs. Wonder what's your take on this?

Edited by sorq

I think it'd be pretty interesting if Iron Skin took after one of your selected colours. Not energy, but something else.

Colour-picking for Rhino is pretty boring when you can't see the fruits of your labour during 90% of gameplay.

Edited by SortaRandom

Well... i'm not the biggest Rhino fan, actually i do not own one, sometime ago when i was still thinking about maybe getting a Rhino, what made me decide for not getting it was this, the fact that i would always have to look at that ugly silver thing...

the only thing bothering me to no end is how iron skin looks in void missions, looks like he went swimming in mud. it looks absolutely horrid

33c5f14.jpg

now i dont know if its only me seeing it like this. this is with colour correction on and dynamic lighting off. but i checked a bunch of different settings and it still came out like mud. please note that this mostly occurs in void missions

edit: i'd also like to add that maybe iron skin shouldnt cover the gold parts that are on his shoulders, waist, chest, back, and helmet. so that the gold parts stand out when iron skin is active

Edited by Noctile

I reserved posting here to try and give it some time to grow on me. But I still dislike the gold sooo much. I don't like gold coloring in general, so no amount of light adjustment will change anything for me. Sadly at this point am expecting to be stuck with it. =[

For what it's worth, there hasn't been an iteration of IS that I actually enjoyed looking at (visually) - no offense intended, just being honest.

the only thing bothering me to no end is how iron skin looks in void missions, looks like he went swimming in mud. it looks absolutely horrid

33c5f14.jpg

now i dont know if its only me seeing it like this. this is with colour correction on and dynamic lighting off. but i checked a bunch of different settings and it still came out like mud. please note that this mostly occurs in void missions

edit: i'd also like to add that maybe iron skin shouldnt cover the gold parts that are on his shoulders, waist, chest, back, and helmet. so that the gold parts stand out when iron skin is active

No offence but everything in that ss looks like mud  =D

This is the worst ss I've ever seen on this forum. I truly doubt anyones Ironskin looks like yours.

Also, no I don't play on high setting. I also have a lot of things turned off. 

Yea, that's weird.

I'ma try to get a ss of my ironskin on my everyday settings then change settings and see the differences.

edit: WTF! I just realized I haven't done any voids with my Rhino Prime. Just went in to take ss and what do I see.. My ironskin looks just like yours... freaking mud, wtf DE.... Why does ironskin look like mud in the void  -_-

Edited by avinity8