Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Faulty Frame Squad - A Warframe Machinima [Episode 5 Released - Season Finale]

Xenogelion

Argh! That tease at the end! (Poor Loki thought)

Maybe that's me but we can notice that you seemed a bit tired while voice acting this episode.

Hope you'll all take a good rest and restore yourselves!

Argh! That tease at the end! (Poor Loki thought)

Maybe that's me but we can notice that you seemed a bit tired while voice acting this episode.

We did?? hmm... maybe I should leave it longer for the 5th episode ;)

We did?? hmm... maybe I should leave it longer for the 5th episode ;)

Tired... no that is just the amazing voice actors trying to sound tired in their characters voices. So far the frames have not taken a break since episode 1.

Yeah... that makes sense :shifty:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Blowing the dust off this and resurrecting this thread. 

It has been a busy summer and projects have suffered for it. 

However its pretty much over now and some people can get back to working on more important things. 

What I mean to say is that episode 5 will be filmed and made soon.

Xenogelion has promised this in a recent discussion with some important individuals. 

You can find this promise in here: http://www.twitch.tv/mogamu/c/4929463

So episode 5 will be out before the end of August and then we will explain what we plan to do moving forward after that. 

(Mainly doing this so I can hold it in Xenos face to make sure he gets it done! I wrote the first draft of Ep 5 script back in May!) 

Edited by MDRLOz

• 2 weeks later...

Dear All

As you guessed it the 5th episode of Faulty Frame Squad is being delayed. Fortunately not by much, like 3 or 4 days hopefully. The problem is our sexy sound wizard, One Dread, is currently having to face real life problems and we're having to wait on her to create the vocal effects on two new characters. As it stands I'm working very hard on getting the rest of it done; currently we've got all the lines recorded, recorded 95% of the footage recorded, pretty much all the sound effects added.

Sorry for the annoyance

Xeno~

Edited by Xenogelion

This just made my day! ^^

Nice work! I'll try to hype responsibly for the new season.

Did somebody say Bacon?!

This was a message brought to you by the National Bureau of Hype Control!

Enip, the bacon is here!

... In our hearts.

:(

*Cries as I eat imaginary bacon* 

Thank you guys for your support. I'm very proud of the work that we managed to achieve, and with such amazing people to bring it to such high quality. The plan for the next season is to try and delegate some of the production work load out as it's seriously too much for any one person to manage. This is often why I can spend days just doing some of the simplest things.

The amount of work that does go into this is astonishing.

I helped out in a couple of scenes in episode 4.

Mostly because of my terribleness it took quite awhile to get them right, multiply that out and add in production times...

It is actually really impressive how much work goes into this.

FFS GUYS FFS NEEDS MOAR LOVE

• 3 weeks later...

Pre-season is over:

So the pre-season of Faulty Frame Squad is over. To tell you the truth we are all happy to it's outcome and we couldn't be happier with everyone's acceptance. Originally FFS was designed to be a short thing, about 3-4 episodes in length, that was supposed to be a funny one off sketch thing in Warframe but we're glad we're pushing the envelope further.

What we learnt:

So we've learned quite a lot for how to improve production (also voice acting is hard). Initially each of the original 5 were treated as unique individual projects. The work process would go as follows:

• Write script
  • Voice act lines
  • Sequence lines
  • Create any new characters vocal effects
  • Apply vocal effects
  • Organize in-game actors
  • Record in-game scenes
  • Edit video & vocals together
  • Re-record any needed footage
  • Add environmental & sound effects

As it stands doing this entire process for one episode at a time is a large waste of time and resources that can be better devised. For example we plan on writing the script for all the episodes before we start the production of any of the episodes. This method can be applied to nearly all the aspects of the first season which will make working on the project a lot more efficient. However even with all this there is a lot of work that still needs to be done.

Delegation:

So one thing that's clearly come about is that I do about 80% of the work load and considering FFS is my project I feel that it's perfectly fair, however this is where my shortcomings come to light. I can't easily manage doing all this work for one episode in a timely fashion let alone X number. So the plan of attack is to attempt to delegate some of the roles to volunteers from the community. The roles we're talking about are:

• Sequence lines
  • Apply vocal effects
  • In-game actor/actress

None of these roles are particularly extravagant but any work done would be a massively appreciated.

Sequence Lines:

In sort you'd be given the lines for the episode and you're task is put the dialogue in the correct order on the correct tracks using Audacity. This task can go hand in hand with Applying the vocal effects.

Apply vocal effects:

After the audacity project has had the dialogue lines put in the right sequence I will receive the project back and review it, upon review and then any minor editing I can do it'll be handed on to the person doing the application of the vocal effects. This entails the individual to follow set instructions in audacity to produce the desired audio effects for each characters voice.

In-game actor/actress:

This is probably the most time consuming position as you'll be called upon to be recorded in game. You will required to have a game pad as well as access to Teamspeak 3 with a headset. The more frames and weapons you have the better. If you do decide to take part in any of these roles and decide to buy any equipment within Warframe using Platinum you will not be compensated.

Soon there will be a Google Docs form for anyone who's wanting to participate in the production of the first season but for now feel free to throw up your interest here on the forum post.

First Season:

So some things I'm willing to share with you. We do know that the first season will be 15-18 episodes in length, we will have a larger main cast with Triton being a main character and three other characters joining the fray. The plot will continue from where it left off in the pre-season and Oberon will be back. The writing of the scripts are down to Calayne, Merastius, MDRLOz and myself. The over arching plot has been developed already and the scripts to write have been divided out. Additionally I'm happy to announce that KrashOmnis will also be working with FFS as one of the three main characters. He won't be playing Rhino Ninja (not yet at least). Finally the aim of the release of FFS Season 1 is to have it so that it comes out weekly or fortnightly so it'll be some time before it comes back but at least then you'll get to watch it at a steady pace.

Special Thanks:

So I'd like to leave this post with a special thanks to everyone who participated with the production of the pre-season, this is officially my first machinima and it means so much to me that I was finally able to get one released. I love everyone that helped and it means the Earth to me that so many are coming back and we've got so many new talent.

~Xeno

Edited by Xenogelion

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Celebrate the Pre-Season! I never even knew you intended it to be a one-shot thing! Always thought you had something bigger in mind for it! (Considering, of course, that the whole team just got assembled in the pre-season. No way anyone would let you leave it hanging, my friend.) It's too awesome.