Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Was Completely Wrong About Bows

(PSN)x35_DOuBLeTReYx

It's good that you now understand the power behind the bow, they're REALLY powerful when you know how to mod them correctly. A well-modded bow can one-shot a lot of bosses (took out Kela with a single Dread arrow yesterday). I personally use a Speed+Crit build on my Dread (the only bow I have >.<).

Also Arrow Mutation is not really needed if you're VERY VERY good at shooting arrows, but it's still a very good mod to put on them (in case you ever run out of arrows). Thunderbolt is fun for clearing rooms at low-mid levels BTW ;)

Edited by PrivateAzib

That build is good. but try this one:

5wTdlj6.jpg?1

Paris Prime already has an innate punch-through, so no need for Shred. Speed Trigger, though useful, it's not so needed if you use Paris correctly, and you won't need Ammo mutation with this one: each Sniper ammo drop gives 10 arrows, and you will most likely one-shot kill almost everything around your target, so no worries, you will have more than enough.

With this build you can deal +40K-50K damage if head-shooted and around 15K on normal basis.

One little tip: you can take Thunderbolt away and put Speed Trigger in instead. Unless you can really keep distances, Thunderbolt is not a great idea. This would be the result:

R0I04vL.jpg?1

Edited by Hawner

Hammer shot is completely useless compared to Elemental Mods. I would recommend replacing that Shred, Arrow Mutation, and Speed Trigger with some Elements that are good against the faction you're fighting. You might not draw as fast, but you'll hit much, much, harder.

Oh yeah, and that Thunderbolt is more or less useless too. However, I can't say anything about that, since i always use it for fun.

Edited by ArdentSky

Hammer shot is completely useless compared to Elemental Mods.

I tend to disagree. With the right build, like the one I posted, you are always doing crits, so adding more critical damage, which Hammer Shot does, is important as your final damage dealt (after all damage mods and such are calculated) will be higher.

use your newly approved addiction to bows with excalibur + radial blind spam build, you will find you can stun enemys for 5 seconds then they are effectivly disarmed for the remainder of the duration, the stun being handy as your nice shiney bow can just pick them off in whole groups or as seperate targets at your leusire.

this synergises well with blind as when the stun wears off, they only run to melee targets that make sound, as as your bows silent your laughing, maybe take thigsn further by using a silent secondary.

atm my excalibur is rocking with dread + kunai and is doing quite well.

Edited by Methanoid

Therein lies the problem. The Paris and Cernos aren't exactly the awesome bows people are chattering about. Use the Paris Prime and Dread. You'll changes you mind about bows.

From your old thread. I think Thunderbolt mod sucks and can be pretty lethal at close range with split chamber. But it's not really necessary. I would probably put bow ammo mutation on.

I tend to disagree. With the right build, like the one I posted, you are always doing crits, so adding more critical damage, which Hammer Shot does, is important as your final damage dealt (after all damage mods and such are calculated) will be higher.

Wrong. Hammershot loses in total calculated base damage to any element that has a 90% bonus. The only exception to this rule is when using pure Corrosive damage against Ferrite armored enemies because of the odd ability Corrosive has to double dip its damage bonus against these foes. We can compare like so, using max damage values taken from the in-game arsenal screen:

Combo element+Hammershot build: (1059+1908)(5.6)= 16615, rounded down to nearest whole number.

Combo element+ single element build: (1059+1908+954)(4.4)= 17252, rounded down to nearest whole number.

Edited by Leuca

Wrong. Hammershot loses in total calculated base damage to any element that has a 90% bonus. The only exception to this rule is when using pure Corrosive damage against Ferrite armored enemies because of the odd ability Corrosive has to double dip its damage bonus against these foes. We can compare like so, using max damage values taken from the in-game arsenal screen:

Combo element+Hammershot build: (1059+1908)(5.6)= 16615, rounded down to nearest whole number.

Combo element+ single element build: (1059+1908+954)(4.4)= 17252, rounded down to nearest whole number.

You are right about your build being stronger per shot, thank you for correcting me in that point.

Anyway, I still consider my build better. You do around 600 damage more in a single shot. Ok, that's good. But that is all. With the extra Proc chance I almost have 50% chance of proc (46.14% to be exact). That is practically once every 2 shots. That means I have very good chances of using Viral or Gas to increase the damage I deal. In case of Viral I can halve the HP of a high level Napalm (something you wouldn't be able to do unless you are lucky as you will have less proc chance), and with Gas, though it's true I would be dealing less damage per shot to Corpus and Greener flesh, I would end up dealing a total of 450% of extra Toxic damage to all the enemies infected. That, to high level enemies, it's a great difference.

Edited by Hawner

You are right about your build being stronger per shot, thank you for correcting me in that point.

Anyway, I still consider my build better. You do around 600 damage more in a single shot. Ok, that's good. But that is all. With the extra Proc chance I almost have 50% chance of proc (46.14% to be exact). That is practically once every 2 shots. That means I have very good chances of using Viral or Gas to increase the damage I deal. In case of Viral I can halve the HP of a high level Napalm (something you wouldn't be able to do unless you are lucky as you will have less proc chance), and with Gas, though it's true I would be dealing less damage per shot to Corpus and Greener flesh, I would end up dealing a total of 450% of extra Toxic damage to all the enemies infected. That, to high level enemies, it's a great difference.

Your build also loses out on damage in the # of enemies it can inflict damage to, increasing the amount of mod/build swapping you must perform when entering a new mission, and disallowing more in-mission flexibility, particularly in the Void and when facing surprise spawns such as the Stalker/Harvester/G3. For instance, a Corrosive+Cold build will deal slightly less damage to the Ferrite-armored Heavy Gunners in the Void, but will do significantly more damage to shields across the board and will provide you some measure of extra damage against Alloy armor, all the while keeping a significant damage bonus against the Ancients you will encounter there. A pure Radiation or Viral build would easily lose out in flexibility and by result potential damage, not to mention the fact that the status proc% increase granted by Hammershot only takes you from 20 to 28% per arrow before Split Chamber is added. You would have to be insanely lucky and run only Viral for this to end up giving you more average dps.

Edited by Leuca

For a second there I thought you guys were implying the rebuffed Thunderbolt back up to its previous scaling glory. You remember, the days where some teammate would accidentally walk in front of you and you would be lying on your &amp;#&#33; no matter how much damage your Warframe could tank.

Back when Bows were better than the Ogris.

Your build also loses out on damage in the # of enemies it can inflict damage to, increasing the amount of mod/build swapping you must perform when entering a new mission, and disallowing more in-mission flexibility, particularly in the Void and when facing surprise spawns such as the Stalker/Harvester/G3. For instance, a Corrosive+Cold build will deal slightly less damage to the Ferrite-armored Heavy Gunners in the Void, but will do significantly more damage to shields across the board and will provide you some measure of extra damage against Alloy armor, all the while keeping a significant damage bonus against the Ancients you will encounter there. A pure Radiation or Viral build would easily lose out in flexibility and by result potential damage, not to mention the fact that the status proc% increase granted by Hammershot only takes you from 20 to 28% per arrow before Split Chamber is added. You would have to be insanely lucky and run only Viral for this to end up giving you more average dps.

Look, you have your way of doing this and I have mine. Normally I don't go with Viral/Gas but with full Corrosive, as is the most effective element in Void, No mater what you shoot against. But when I used it, I saw the difference and enjoyed going around killing normal enemies on sight and the big ones when I don't look at them (They were killed by the poison). I completely understand your build and your point, and and both are good, but in my experience my build is good too. Let's leave things that way and not turn this thread into a pointless debate.

Probably remove speed trigger to keep the puch through from shred

using dread you wont need the punch through at least.

Paris Prime has an innate Punch Through, so no need for Shred in here.
Edited by Hawner