Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improving The Vulkar?

privateazib

As we all know, the Vulkar is the first sniper rifle that is available on the market for beginners. It has decent Impact damage, decent crit chance and above average proc chance. It also has quite a few drawbacks, which are it's long reload speed, slow fire rate and overboard zoom level (which might have caused most players to ignore this weapon).

What do you guys think that the devs could do to help improve this weapon? In my opinion, they should reduce the zoom by half (or bring it down to the level of the Vectis), and make it reload as fast as the Gorgon Wraith. How about you guys?

Now don't get me wrong, I don't hate the weapon (actually I love it quite a bit as it's good for an elemental build), I'm just curious about what the community thinks should be improved on it.

"The Vulkar is a Grineer version of the Snipetron, released in Update 8. It is equipped by Grineer Ballistas. Although almost identical in stats to the Snipetron, the Vulkar seems to be more accurate unmodded, and seems to be better for getting headshots or criticals."

Assuming the wiki is right it wouldn't make sense with a buff unless you'd buff Snipertron as well.

Personally with how bows are now I would like a buff for all snipers. It seems a little ridiculous that a bow and arrow can be so much more powerful than a high caliber sniper rifle.

Personally with how bows are now I would like a buff for all snipers. It seems a little ridiculous that a bow and arrow can be so much more powerful than a high caliber sniper rifle.

True that. My Dread hits harder that the Vulkar (a little lower than the Vectis though). I still like to switch between these two weapon types, as both take quite a bit of skill to use.

Improve the Vulkar?

Add a variable zoom mechanic.

When I hold right click to aim down my sights with a Sniper rifle (or any weapon that has zoom added to it via a mod or whatever), I want the zoom level to change when I use my mousewheel.

This will also improve all other zooming weapons, IMHO.

They'll probably just release a Vulkar Wraith along the line and keep ignoring the base model.

You know, like they've done to all Wraithified weapons thus far...

Gorgon Wraith is barely better than the Gorgon, and they buffed the Gorgon not to long before the Grwriath came out.

True that. My Dread hits harder that the Vulkar (a little lower than the Vectis though). I still like to switch between these two weapon types, as both take quite a bit of skill to use.

Of course the dread hits harder than the vulkar. Its the most damaging single shot weapon in the game.

They'll probably just release a Vulkar Wraith along the line and keep ignoring the base model.

You know, like they've done to all Wraithified weapons thus far...

They did update the Gorgon quite a few times if I remember correctly, and the Gorgon was just fine in Damage 2.0.

The Gorgon Wraith just made an excellent weapon more powerful.

Improve the Vulkar?

Add a variable zoom mechanic.

When I hold right click to aim down my sights with a Sniper rifle (or any weapon that has zoom added to it via a mod or whatever), I want the zoom level to change when I use my mousewheel.

This will also improve all other zooming weapons, IMHO.

this would help so much for all snipers, and also for the seer-pistol

Gorgon Wraith is barely better than the Gorgon, and they buffed the Gorgon not to long before the Grwriath came out.

Of course the dread hits harder than the vulkar. Its the most damaging single shot weapon in the game.

paris prime wants a word or two

I would like blatantfools suggestion of variable zoom, or at least like the one in CS where there are 2 levels of zoom. right now the zoom is too shallow IMO especially on killiken

Also, cut the reload time.... 4 seconds, really? I bet the clips are real fragile or something.

"The Vulkar is a Grineer version of the Snipetron, released in Update 8. It is equipped by Grineer Ballistas. Although almost identical in stats to the Snipetron, the Vulkar seems to be more accurate unmodded, and seems to be better for getting headshots or criticals."

Assuming the wiki is right it wouldn't make sense with a buff unless you'd buff Snipertron as well.

Snipetron is a retired weapon, changing its stats would make no difference to anyone who's started playing since (if I remember correctly) the end of the closed beta period. Vulkar is still available and needs serious work done to make it comparable to the other vastly improved snipers we've got access to.