Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank You For Watching Devstream #25

[DE]Rebecca

Don't add actual swimming. Water-themed areas are sweet, water-based Warframes can be interesting.

But there's no way that actual water-based movement will work in this engine. I implore the devs to not waste their time on that pursuit.

I'm pretttttttttttttty sure DE knows what they're doing.

A water themed frame?  My mind is swimming with questions.  I'm going to go with the flow and ask how is it at wetwork?  How well can it turn the tide of battle in, say, invasion scenarios? What stream will it be officially revealed?  Will guilds need to pool their resources again like with the Zephyr?  I had more, but they seem to have evaporated.  Hmm, I'd say I really want to sea more, but that'd just be fishing.

Edit: It makes me so excited I could just boil over.

Edited by Groverfield

With regards to the Earth interception missions, people pointed out it was difficult for new players?? Jesus dudes... I have only played this game for for less than 2 months. I am currently dealing a minimum of 6-7k dmg from my paris prime. Do note i did not spend any $$ on plats and i somehow got lucky in getting selling rare mods and trading in the trading channel.

This is what i realise from people after playing at least 40 MMORPG kind of games before.

Too easy = bah this game is too easy.. waste of time...

Too hard = bah... this game is way too hard and time consuming...

Seriously, i find the developers are doing really very very well in keeping this game up to date and nice to play with. And for those idiots who are screaming about melee 2.0 blah blah... If you think it is so dam bloody easy to generate codes and making the animations of it.. Join a gaming company... IF YOU HAVE THE QUALIFICATIONS, then start commenting about the delay in the release. There they are slogging their guts out and here you are ranting about the delay of the release and whining about drop rates being low.

Now for my question:

1) I just want to know when will the credit cache be removed from the drop tables in void... it is really very annoying when you are on T3 defence on the 30th wave and a 7500 credit cache pops up and it just brings down the whole team's morale.

2) Would like to know for conclave fighting, will there actually be a mode whereby everyone will be actually reverted to the most basic gear and damage as it will really count more on the skill of the player, rather than actually depending purely on gear?

3) It would be interesting to actually have the actual detailed lores of every of the warframes where we can actually be able to unlock when we clear certain areas in the solar system where we actually get the required materials to make the particular warframe.

Edited by x1aok1tty

A water themed frame?  My mind is swimming with questions.  I'm going to go with the flow and ask how is it at wetwork?  How well can it turn the tide of battle in, say, invasion scenarios? What stream will it be officially revealed?  Will guilds need to pool their resources again like with the Zephyr?  I had more, but they seem to have evaporated.  Hmm, I'd say I really want to sea more, but that'd just be fishing.

Well played....well played indeed...

Edited by Nkomo-Sama

On a more serious reply, there's another option to the tower difficulty idea: items similar to the dragon keys, but have a more across-the-board effect instead of focused effects (like -10%/20% damage,shields,health) but give the team a bonus like, extra resource and credit collection, a chance at extra or better drop tables, and perhaps a chance to break at mission's end for maybe a higher tier void key than the one put in?

the new warframe sounds more steam / vapor than water to me.

Steam? Vapor?? Maybe It's...

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/192490-myst-warframe-concept-sneak-peek-oo/?hl=%20myst%20%20frame

That would be great! Her design is awesome And that proves that they listen to the community constantly! :D (Let's cross our fingers,and for Loki Prime too)

I have 3 comments I would like to add about this Devstream:

1)

For a player with his/her first frame and the measly Braton/Lato combo, without many of the "must have" mods/weapons and no experience playing interception the Eurasia map is way too difficult. IF the difficulty was lowered and more interception nodes were added on later planets everyone would be satisfied.

2)

I am pleased to hear that a player like me, who wouldn't care about the badlands in the least, won't be forced to participate. Well, this has always been the plan according to earlier streams, but I'm still happy it hasn't been changed. About the T4 keys; if it's about spreading the BPs and other rewards to make a better drop-table then please go ahead. There are 2 things that I worry about though; first is the problem of getting keys. The system for farming keys should be working properly, otherwise adding a new tier just makes it worse. There is no apparent link between the level of survival/number of minutes stayed in said survival and the tier of the key you (might) get. Second, is the Challenge aspect Rebecca mentioned. Shouldn't the Nightmare mode be for this? I know that adding T4 will do a lot besides being a challenge, but I don't think that it should be the main seller for these keys. Improving Nightmare and making it worth playing after getting the Nightmare mods should have a higher priority, if adding a challenge for late-game players is your priority.      
3)

Helmets! Why aren't you considering doing what most of the playerbase wants? Simply making helmets and stats interchangeable would fix every problem. People will no longer be "forced" to use a helmet they don't like for the bonus and people who like the helmet, but doesn't want stats can simply turn them off. I can't understand why You came to the conclusion of not making more helmets with stats. I got the helmets because I want the stats, if this change is going online then I don't think I'll ever look for new helmets. And that really sucks to be honest. I simply have no reason to get these helmets if there isn't any gain. Is there a problem with me having a 5% longer power duration if the other players have chosen to turn off the stats? No, absolutely not. It's completely their choice. I understand You wanting to level the playingfield, but this is the wrong way of doing it. Denying some players something they want or giving all the players a free choice is a no-brainer for me. I simply can't see why You're doing this?   
4)
The fourth comment will just be to show my excitement of all the things coming; Water Frame (surprised me, but made me more happy than most other frames released recently), Vor's Prize has been in the cards for some time, just looking forward to seeing it, Hek (YES) and finally: melee 2.0/8.0. Mainly because it will be update (lucky) 13 and will (hopefully) change the game drastically for the better.

Keep up the good work DE!  

First off, I gotta say seriously: (and I am being 100% cerial here gals and gents)

@ 34:33 in the stream, when asked "What are the Warframes"... Steves response was the best thing I have ever heard, what I think of the Tenno when I play WF, and what I hope people think deep down inside when they think about each other. Seriously, here is the Takai's Nobel Peace prize... That is how I want people to make heros in games I play.

I suspect, there is a reason the mask does not come off (even though sometimes I want it too so I can customize a face, but thats secondary)

Lots of neat stuff in this stream, U13 looks rad, but I gotta say for the sake of keeping with the game, I have to take a break and play some other games (no commitable games, just like single player stuff I missed) while I wait for M2.0 and other cool stuff.... cause I have almost everything, and I played a bit too much... the alert site will always be up though and the forums will be visited.

Just seeing all this and trying to remain patient is tough. But its looking good, lots of aspiration.

here's an idea, have everything give T1 keys, no more T2 or T3. but instead give the ability to upgrade keys to the next tier.

ex: T1+T1+T1=T3 key

ex: T1+T1=T2

ex: T2+T2=T4 (if you end up adding it anyways.)

then have the keys drop commonly from specific types of missions, or have a chance to drop in addition to normal loot table.

here's an idea, have everything give T1 keys, no more T2 or T3. but instead give the ability to upgrade keys to the next tier.

ex: T1+T1+T1=T3 key

ex: T1+T1=T2

ex: T2+T2=T4 (if you end up adding it anyways.)

then have the keys drop commonly from specific types of missions, or have a chance to drop in addition to normal loot table.

I actually like this idea a lot. You'd just be giving Tower Capture keys, for instance, and then you can upgrade them should you wish to do a higher tier. Coupling that with removing credit rewards, and someone could do survival for a while and EFFECTIVELY get the key they want, without it being left entirely to chance.