Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank You For Watching Devstream #25

[DE]Rebecca

I didn't have fun on that invasion mission. I am a good player, I had high level gear and I still couldn't solo it, on solo.

Too many spawns and the enemy catching points I was standing in annoyed me. I did it with a friend however and while he died a few times, it was far easier. You have to make sure you try it by yourself as a gimped player or not. A new player especially will often try to solo missions. The difficulty is FAR higher.

I did want to see the stats separated from the helmets but it seems as if you are just dumping the stats? Could we have the stat changes divorced into a separate option. The helmets would come bundled with that stat change but at any one time you could choose any helmet or stat you have unlocked/purchased separately.

It is possible for everyone to both have their cake and eat it.

I really hope they keep the mysticism limited to what we know from the Excalibur Codex entry. Everything else can be expanded upon. I do enjoy the idea of your Tenno being bound to the Warframe out of necessity. Kinda like Darth Vader being dependant on his suit. He could have changed it, but only under duress, and would still be dependant on the new suit. I kinda view the Tenno exactly as that. There might be reasons why the Tenno can change Warframes, there might be not. We might play a single Tenno or we might play a Tenno per Warframe. It doesn't matter in the end, as long as DE keeps Tenno INSIDE the Warframes, because there are some strong pointers in existing lore that the Tenno might not even survive without the Warframe, or at least be very lackluster and uncontrolled.

what no one seems to understand about rng is that all those numbers and probabilities mean absolutely nothing. in rng, one person can get a drop on the first try, then the next person may have to farm for it 6 hours a day for a month. even if they add new tiers and/or spread drop tables out, it will never amount to anything other than the same frustrating rng system.

Less dilution will always increase the odds of you getting what you're looking for regardless that there is a set (low/high) percentage of the individual reward within that tier/game mode.

dont take ability mods out completely because we may need multiples for different builds.

remove them from the drop table, and sell them as packs in the market for credits

If this happens, they'll have to make fusion of ability mods exclusive to ability mods to avoid them replacing fusion cores.

Less dilution will always increase the odds of you getting what you're looking for regardless that there is a set (low/high) percentage of the individual reward within that tier/game mode.

I also like how he (SatouJin) thinks all of us don't understand probability.

I also like how he (SatouJin) thinks all of us don't understand probability.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/195030-do-not-t2-survival-for-the-time-being/

obviously not. in rng, even if a table only contains 2 items, it's entirely 'probable' to continuosly get the same item every single time. unless the probability of an item is 100%, there's is always a chance that you'll never see it, or see it too often. it's directly evident that the system will always be this way so long as they continue to rely on it.

Edited by SatouJin

"If you currently own a helmet with stat changes, you will get a Blueprint to convert it to statless IF YOU WISH."

this is wrog.. all stat from all helmets should be removed... im tired to using one helmet because it give me good boost - like Rhino Speed Helmet ;/ ... who will remove this stat from this helmet .. noone and this new system will change nothing.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/195030-do-not-t2-survival-for-the-time-being/

obviously not. in rng, even if a table only contains 2 items, it's entirely 'probable' to continuosly get the same item every single time. unless the probability of an item is 100%, there's is always a chance that you'll never see it, or see it too often. it's directly evident that the system will always be this way so long as they continue to rely on it.

Obviously not? I have not said a word about the rng , how you can possibly come to the conclusion that I, not to mention EVERYONE, doesn't understand it. Based on what exact evidence do you have that you are in any way informed about even a large percentage, let alone all, of the opinions about the rng?

Maybe I am just getting retentive about your use of the word "everyone" but the uncharitable assumption about everyone's understanding is fundamentally insulting. Especially considering the complete impossibility that you would ever have the information to make an such an authoritative statement. Do you really think the two dozen or so posters in that thread constitutes anything more than a tiny fraction of "everyone?"

I would say you were talking out your rear end but that would be an insult to bullS#&$ters everywhere.

Edited by ZaraaK

Obviously not? I have not said a word about the rng , how you can possibly come to the conclusion that I, not to mention EVERYONE, doesn't understand it. Based on what exact evidence do you have that you are in any way informed about even a large percentage, let alone all, of the opinions about the rng?

Maybe I am just getting retentive about your use of the word "everyone" but the uncharitable assumption about everyone's understanding is fundamentally insulting. Especially considering the complete impossibility that you would ever have the information to make an such an authoritative statement. Do you really think the two dozen or so posters in that thread constitutes anything more than a tiny fraction of "everyone?"

I would say you were talking out your rear end but that would be an insult to bullS#&$ters everywhere.

first, do a forum search, there are literally hundreds of threads about it spanning back to the introduction of the void.

second, i shouldn't have said everyone yes, i'm more referring to those trying to defend rng by claiming dilution of the drop tables is the culprit. it isn't, the broken rng system itself is. it's why i'd advocate the token system that's been talked about for a very long time since i could at least see the goal clearly then and know what it takes to get there even it takes tons of whatever currency it would be.

so you're right, i shouldn't have just generalized everyone, but you also completely ignored the point i was making and decided to insult me instead. i'm saying that no matter how they try and configure the tables, it'll always be the same so long as they use rng.

With all my heart and soul I want HARD interception missions-- if you guys make the ones on earth easier- please put "for the love of all that is good and decent" put some really difficult ones on pluto/eris etc!! You could maybe start with phobos? Since it's the most similar to earth "in my opinion". Right now-- interception on PC is the best and most fun challenge in the game for 4 skilled players who all have voice communication going -- I liked how it was RIGHT when the 2nd part of tethras doom was launched and i was using a 30 frame not forma'd a level 25 Braton and AKlatos as that was all I had on my PC account at the moment... Unbeatable? hardly! -- for people BRAND new to the game? Well by the time you are on earth in my opinion-- you are no longer brand new. I did not have serration or hornet strike either although they are most definitely in my "required mod" list!

-Ryan/Quatto87(PC)/Crackle2012(PSN)

"At least I never slept with LUMBERGH!!!!!!"

Edited by (PS4)Crackle2012

New players aren't getting the sort of super intensive experience at Eurasia. Their only experience is the frustration of failing it over and over again.

Here is what some clan mates said about it:

And to the guy talking about Earth Eurasia. It s*cks. I spent a lot of time on the mission when I progressed to it and it was a complete failure every single time.

During one attempt a Rhino Prime dude joined in and we still failed. That's when I asked a clan mate to just taxi me past it. And then "finished" those missions later thanks to an infected invasion.

Interception is the worst **** mode and I am glad that they put it on a planet I've already done every mission on.

Yesterday an awesome clan mate helped me get past Earth's Eurasia mission, because that one was kind of r*****ed.
Apparently that mission already got nerfed? It still seemed fairly impossible without being able to dish and soak up tons of damage.

The important part of the update to me is them fixing Earth interception missions. Eurasia completely stopped my group's progress this last week.

One issue I see about interception is that the uneven time requirements for capturing a tower. High for the tenno, low for the grineer. The mobs don't even need to stay in the circle to capture it, but rather access a mainframe, typically outside the capture zone, and in any case nowhere near the capture point.

A tower that is about to be lost is too "silently" announced. In the heat of the battle this is hard to notice. You are told that you lost it, but only after that happened. There is no highlight on the minimap or sound to alert you that the tower is being contested.

The map design could be improved upon. Currently the towers have almost no cover, while areas around them consist of good cover.

Furthermore, there are a lot of elements like collapsed platforms, or holes or whatever where you can get stuck or a grineer can remain hidden, contesting the capture point. Units also clip through walls and floors a sometimes, which makes things really tough when it is an AOE leader with ice, fire or drain.

This game mode plays against the strength of the tenno, while giving all the advantages to the cover conditioned AI. You are forced to stand still in the open, fending off against mobs shooting at you from all sides while in good cover.

Reducing the number of leaders and the overall spawn rate for the first wave can improve the experience for new players. Further waves can get a lot tougher to satisfy the hardcore.

The difficulty of this game mode scales very poorly with the area it is in, a mid-beginner area. You reach many much easier missions afterwards (including bosses), in higher level systems than this.

It is a poorly designed game mode. And adding more stuff to it, instead of going back to the basics and fix what is fundamentally wrong with it, will further confound its glaring defects, ignoring them instead of fixing anything:

- difficulty scaling, much harder compared to following mission nodes

- unfair capture mechanics for the AI, difficult capture mechanics for the player who has to sit exposed and immobile for a long time

- the game mode encourages AOE spamming and camping, basically a farming area for high level or experienced players

- lack of clear alerts on the minimap and hud about the status of the towers

- the tower capture circle covering very uneven terrain (including heights which cannot be climbed over by any of the beginner frames) or places in which you can get stuck

- clipping bugs which allow AI to get under the floor, granting them semi invincibility to fire arms

- powerful unit types a new player won't meet again until higher level systems.

- the game mode is placed in the path of advancing through the Earth mission nodes, and not as a side one, forcing new players to get through it.

- lastly, the game is also supposed to be beaten solo. Interception is impossible to finish in solo mode, even with the best gear, let alone with the very weak gear like the mk1 braton you have at the time you get to Earth.

Edited by HansJurgen

With regards to the Earth interception missions, people pointed out it was difficult for new players?? Jesus dudes... I have only played this game for for less than 2 months. I am currently dealing a minimum of 6-7k dmg from my paris prime. Do note i did not spend any $$ on plats and i somehow got lucky in getting selling rare mods and trading in the trading channel.

~2 months ago there were no interception missions on Earth to block your progress.

I joined 5 or 6 weeks ago myself, breezed through the Earth locations without a problem, went back when interception was added but by then my builds were more than adequate. I could easily see how a genuine fresh player would struggle.

Hey Rebecca what about the Glaive Animations? Im really confused as to how it will turn out.

I remember them saying it will act more of an AOE weapon, starting by doing a few close up attacks and then throwing the glaive as it flies around the room in a circle attacking anyone who comes by it.