Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thank You For Watching Devstream #25

[DE]Rebecca

With regards to the Earth interception missions, people pointed out it was difficult for new players?? Jesus dudes... I have only played this game for for less than 2 months. I am currently dealing a minimum of 6-7k dmg from my paris prime. Do note i did not spend any $$ on plats and i somehow got lucky in getting selling rare mods and trading in the trading channel.

Way to underplay new player experience.

Considering the game's ease with which you can get the best gear, a 2 month old player is a vet.

This is not a PVP game to require a huge number of games to sort it out and get good. You are fighting against a very weak AI throughout the entire game. And getting gear is basically farming one area over and over again without any advanced strategy involved (see wow high level instances).

Want hard? Try dark souls, try warthunder, world of tanks, wow, dota 2, lol. A 2 month old player has absolutely no chance there against seasoned players.

2 weeks ago, before the patch, Eurasia was a challenge, but I could solo it fine with the starter gear I had (Braton, Lex and Excalibur). In its current state, as a guy who plays this game for four weeks (mastery rank 10), I have failed Eurasia with gear good enough to solo supposed end content such as T1 towers, ODA and ODE. It was not an amazing gear, but that is a starter zone. It should have been a breeze. It was harder than soloing the hyena pack back at Neptune, allegedly high level stuff.

Earth area is a maybe 2 days in of gameplay, maybe 6-8 hours of actual play to reach. The level range listed on that mission is 6-8. The units you see there are nothing in the range of 6-8. The game mode itself requires a high degree of coordination.The boss mission on Everest is easier than this.

Play it solo with a level 8 MK 1 Braton (slash damage that is resisted by armor), and a level 8 frame, say Loki. Those are the reference levels listed on Eurasia (levels 6-8). You stand absolutely no chance. The first few grineer will one shot you on sight.

Get a squad of level 6-8 frames armed with MK-1 bratons.

Do it again with say, lvl 12 gear of your choice, solo.

Do it again with your best gear, solo, or with random pubs. 6k damage paris? Bows are useless in interception. You would know if you actually played it.

Post videos of completing the mission with low level, starter gear and very weak frames, with virtually no mods (since you get none of any use at this stage). Until then, I am sorry to say it, but you are dishonest in your claims.

Edited by HansJurgen

that's 100% wrong, you can beat interception solo

To add to his point you get enough credits to buy a braton straight from the market after beating vor now. And i was a new player with interception introduced, don't recall it being "hardcore", mostly you need to be aware of those control points.

HansJurgen> you do know that gear level doesn't correspond with node level in any way? Edited by CptFaustas

that's 100% wrong, you can beat interception solo

That is your experience. Take low level frame, no cores, no forma, a lvl 8 strun, braton, whatever you can buy for credits. Complete it and post video. I will stand corrected.

Do not use any mods you cannot find outside of Venus or Mercury, and don't fuse any of them. A new player does not have such luxuries as maxed out serration or what have you.

That is your experience. Take low level frame, no cores, no forma, a lvl 8 strun, braton, whatever you can buy for credits. Complete it and post video. I will stand corrected.

Do not use any mods you cannot find outside of Venus or Mercury, and don't fuse any of them. A new player does not have such luxuries as maxed out serration or what have you.

Again you with those levels. Gear level =/= mission level. They have nothing in common.

I finished interception, didn't have serration, 4 new guys, all had vitality/redirection at least to the point of 350 shields and health. If people rush through the content that's another problem, not the missions. Killing grineer at terminals ain't that hard.

To add to his point you get enough credits to buy a braton straight from the market after beating vor now. And i was a new player with interception introduced, don't recall it being "hardcore", mostly you need to be aware of those control points.

HansJurgen> you do know that gear level doesn't correspond with node level in any way?

Well then. Complete interception solo with a lvl 12ish braton (the kind you should have at this point), no damage mods, or frame mods you can only find at later stages, and post a screenshot of the results.

I have described my experience with the game mode, and I have argued why it is terrible point by point.

All you do is say that I am wrong because you say so, and I just have to take your word for it, somehow?

I am providing feedback. You are just disagreeing for the sake of it. Are you being paid by DE to shut me up, or what?

Again you with those levels. Gear level =/= mission level. They have nothing in common.

I finished interception, didn't have serration, 4 new guys, all had vitality/redirection at least to the point of 350 shields and health. If people rush through the content that's another problem, not the missions. Killing grineer at terminals ain't that hard.

You read and interpret my posts to be convenient to your hairsplitting. The moment a new player reaches Eurasia, he is very low level and very poorly geared. I did not say that level is necessarily equivalent to mission level.

When did you finish interception? Interception has been there for a while, then it was buffed to much higher difficulty. Then nerfed. No matter what, it is a tough, and nothing like the super exciting thing they claim in the devstream. And, like it or not, I am calling it out. Maybe it was nerfed again after the last (helios) patch? I haven't bothered with it, because it was awful.

All missions should be solo-able. To your own admission, you did not solo it.

New players should not rush missions? As in go and play the next one after the one they just finished? So what you are saying is that people should replay missions over and over again expecting a roadblock at some point due to design oversight? So, this is supposed to be a grind, in a game that does not even have a campaign? I do not see any fun in that, sorry.

The next mission after Eurasia is a breeze. Hence, Eurasia is unbalanced.

Find someone else to argue. I do not need your approval, really.

Edited by HansJurgen

i'll start the upload now... might take a while tho :/ (crappy connection)

Take all the time you need. if it takes too long, don't bother yourself for it. At least post a screenshot of the results screen and your mods (main weapon and warframe), maybe the last few frames of the battle, if you can.

Edited by HansJurgen

You read and interpret my posts to be convenient to your hairsplitting. The moment a new player reaches Eurasia, he is very low level and very poorly geared. I did not say that level is necessarily equivalent to mission level.

When did you finish interception? Interception has been there for a while, then it was buffed to much higher difficulty. Then nerfed. No matter what, it is a tough, and nothing like the super exciting thing they claim in the devstream. And, like it or not, I am calling it out.

All missions should be solo-able. To your own admission, you did not solo it.

New players should not rush missions? As in go and play the next one after the one they just finished? So what you are saying is that people should replay missions over and over again expecting a roadblock at some point due to design oversight? Are you for real?

The next mission after Eurasia is a breeze. Hence, Eurasia is unbalanced.

Find someone else to argue over spilled milk. I do not need your approval to say a mission is terrible.

And you are taking points out of thin air. I started playing when eurasia was interception. Finished it. Without big problems. I also somehow had Fire+Cold mods, vitality and redirection. Cause they drop a lot in mercury/venus. Cores also drop.

And rushing = ignoring everything just to finish the mission, because they see high level people do it. THAT is the problem for them. If people can't cooperate or complete a mode which requires coordination, then again, that's the problem on their end.

And this is a co-op game, WHY should it be soloed? Because you have solo mode on? It is a multi-point capture mode, by definition it should be extremely hard for one man to do it.

Edited by CptFaustas

awesome livestream^^ 

I love the Office pictures <3

Oh and if someone wants to see them without waiting for youtube / twitch to load you can check out this link:

http://imgur.com/a/7YM7v

annnnnd if you did not have the time to watch the dev stream or you are german and dont understand english here a link to a german summary:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/199195-livestream-25-zusammenfassung-eines-zuschauers

And you are taking points out of thin air. I started playing when eurasia was interception. Finished it. Without big problems. I also somehow had Fire+Cold mods, vitality and redirection. Cause they drop a lot in mercury/venus. Cores also drop.

And rushing = ignoring everything just to finish the mission, because they see high level people do it. THAT is the problem for them. If people can't cooperate or complete a mode which requires coordination, then again, that's the problem on their end.

Those are not the mod setups I was referring to. Unless maxed out and properly modded, elemental mods add very little damage or procs.

Eurasia used to be easy a mere two weeks back. I did it solo. Then it was changed during an event, and its difficulty spiked. Then it was nerfed, but not nearly enough.

There are players like you who play coop, then there are players who solo the game when they first begin, like me. They do so because playing online spawns them in the middle of a battle they do not understand. They hate that.

After work, I need a game to wind up. I do not care to pick up and keep up with whatever is going on in the mission nodes. I play solo, as a consequence. This makes it very easy to notice difficulty spikes and unbalanced game modes. You should try it too sometime.

Edited by HansJurgen

+180% damage is a damage mod...

Which part of I am not interested in your hairsplitting did you not get? Picking on details to counter an argument while ignoring the argument itself makes for a good fallacy, but does not add anything to the discussion, I am afraid.

I was talking about interception and how in its current state is unbalanced, compared to other mission nodes which follow it.

I do not know what you are talking about. But feel free to continue without me.

Once again, nothing about PS4 was mentioned in the entire Devstream. Not a thing. What happened to the promised PS4 exclusives.

You guys graph is actually important. I see you guys laughed at it as come kind of joke. But if you Rewards and Challanges don't wow us in the next two month. I am switching to Destiny. I had fun with this game, but DE doesn't listen to PS4 players, and there are a ton of great games coming out soon. Kthx bye. I understand it is hard to listen to criticism. I know you guys are working hard. This game is popular now, because there isn't that much to play on PS4 right now, but pretty soon it will be replaced with games that have ambitious content who are not afraid to do a little bit extra work to make players happy. And all the players will slowly flee to join those games.

All these things you guys announced. Badlands, Proxy War, Melee 2.0. These are small features. What about the end game that was promised. Currenly all I do is run void missions. There is nothing left for me to do in this game. I already have most of the frames, weapons and I have nothing else to do.

Soon. Warframe will be like it was before, when noone knew anything about it. And we post a ton of stuff on PS4 and you guys still ignore us. Not much else we can do but to leave and take our money elsewhere. I will maybe take a break from the game, and see what other games there are, and come back to it when there is more interesting content.

Edited by (PS4)PD_33

The new rescue mission actually requires stealth. It's still being worked on and it's pretty rad that you have to work your way through a tile to make sure you don't trigger alarms or else the rescue gets executed. 

"This just in: Nobody pubs Rescue Mode due to one rushing player making the map an unplayable instant-loss mess."

I'm hopefully exaggerating, and am guessing DE is planning on addressing that potential problem. HOPEFULLY.

For those of you who tuned in, you'll recall we forgot to show the fourth melee video. Here it is now:

I was kind of wondering whether I should put forma into my orthos prime and whether it would still be a good weapon after Melee 2.0.  Mm.

I greatly approve of the full extension thrust there at the end. The whole reason you use a polearm in real life is for the reach advantage it gives you against opponents with shorter weapons.

first, do a forum search, there are literally hundreds of threads about it spanning back to the introduction of the void.

second, i shouldn't have said everyone yes, i'm more referring to those trying to defend rng by claiming dilution of the drop tables is the culprit. it isn't, the broken rng system itself is. it's why i'd advocate the token system that's been talked about for a very long time since i could at least see the goal clearly then and know what it takes to get there even it takes tons of whatever currency it would be.

so you're right, i shouldn't have just generalized everyone, but you also completely ignored the point i was making and decided to insult me instead. i'm saying that no matter how they try and configure the tables, it'll always be the same so long as they use rng.

I can agree on you with the token system. At least a person can work towards a goal. As someone with infamously bad dice, I resent any rng system, mainly because they seem to so routinely resent me first!

There are other options like cumulative chance that may be workable but being able to flat out purchase what you want after a respectable investment of time, ie the token system would be the best.

Are we going to be able to equip melee weapons in place of primary weapons? I remember that being discussed in a previous stream, I hope something like that stays. As a massive melee fighter, this really excited me and I hope that it has not been completely scrapped, that would be very disappointing. Sure, guns are great and all, but if I had a choice I would just use melee weapons.