The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Bastille Questions

(PSN)da-link-went-1

Question

1st off I've read the wiki, it's information isn't really crystal clear. 

2nd, I've used the search function on the forums.....no help.

I'm wondering how the ranks on the ability work.  It's a three rank card.  

Does each tick increase:

A) The size of the bastille?

B) The length of time the bastille is up?

C) The amount of enemies that the bastille can hold?

D) Some other thing I haven't listed.

If this information is on the wiki page please just quote it here...It's totally possible that this is stated somewhere there and I just don't know how to interpret the information properly.

I would just go ahead and rank it up and test it out but I only have 1 and if I don't get the effect I want I don't want to have to go farm a warframe ability.

Thanks in advance for any help.

7 answers to this question

From the wiki:

Affects a maximum of 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 enemies, affected by Power Strength.

When it states 4 numbers like that it means that it is that aspect of the ability that improves, Unranked bastille therefore holds 6 enemies while fully ranked lifts up 12, power strength factors in after that.

Similarly the same format applies to Range and Duration

Duration
8 / 10 / 12 / 15 s

Range
5 / 7 / 8 / 10 m

Edited by Jag272

For most parts yes , rank that up. then you have to get used to it it terms of number of enemies :

for normal missions a max rank Bastile is enough but if you want to hold ALL the infested on some long survival you might need +power strength, on the same line if you use -power strength mods Bastile wont be able to hold a group of more than ten.

also making it waaay to big usually ends up being counter productive since many enemies will be able to walk in it but it won't be able to hold'em , solution = get  power efficiency and just trow two bastiles close but NEVER on top of each other.

Yes each tick increases A, B and C. 

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Vauban_(Warframe)

at unrank - it holds up 6 enemies, 5 m range, 8 sec duration

rank 1 - 8 enemies, 7 m range, 10 sec duration

rank 2 - 10 enemies, 8 m range, 12 sec duration

rank 3 - 12 enemies, 10 m range, 15 sec duration 

You don't need to farm for a warframe ability, once you get vauban, his ability mods will be automatically given. 

You don't need to farm for a warframe ability, once you get vauban, his ability mods will be automatically given. 

If I rank up the only one I have and I don't like the effect I need to farm a new card that I can rank to the proper level. This applies to all mods actually.

From the wiki:

Affects a maximum of 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 enemies, affected by Power Strength.

When it states 4 numbers like that it means that it is that aspect of the ability that improves, Unranked bastille therefore holds 6 enemies while fully ranked lifts up 12, power strength factors in after that.

Awesome, I was thinking that this was refering using focus or intensify.  

also making it waaay to big usually ends up being counter productive since many enemies will be able to walk in it but it won't be able to hold'em , solution = get  power efficiency and just trow two bastiles close but NEVER on top of each other.

I don't want to make it bigger, this was my initial concern. I want to hold a lot of enemies, but not have a huge bastille.

If you're new to Vauben, never forget that if all else fails, Vortex doesn't have maximum amount of targets it can ragdoll.

Outside of leaders, but who cares about those guys?

Not new, took him to 30, use him lots, jus trying to refine my play style.

Thanks for all the help.

I don't want to make it bigger, this was my initial concern. I want to hold a lot of enemies, but not have a huge bastille.

Well, go ahead and rank it to max, then use Narrow Minded at whatever rank you want to get the right size.

Personally, for melee enemies, I like max NM and Stretch, giving it -21% range overall, while adding a huge chunk to the duration.