Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New: Create A Tenno Tune Contest!

[DE]Megan

Hello Tenno and DE. 

I would 1st like to say to DE thanks for such a cool opportunity to make a track with the elements of the game into them. It's a great opportunity for composers and artists out there to really shine from within the community. And i would also like to thank users who are participating in this, because it shows the connection built to this game and the people who appreciate it. 

Now to the criticism.

DE, I really don't think a week is enough. I've been on a lot of remixing sites, from Indaba, to FiXTRemix(which is now gone.....*cries*) and a week is TOO short for a "create your own unique tune" contest. 2 weeks minimum, but one week "maximum" is TOO SHORT. There are elements that need to be mixed and mastered and leveled for listeners to enjoy. For those experienced artists out there, within the Warframe community, know what I'm talking about. We can't just smash together sounds and they damage peoples hearing or even sound too muddy to enjoy on our mobile devices.(for those who don't know, most music nowadays IS enjoyed on mobile devices) So I STRONGLY believe that DE needs to make this 2 weeks MINIMUM, not ONE week.

For those complaining about "people having paid software and gear that gives them a advantage over those who don't". 

I've heard this before. Actually "I" was the one who complained about that on FiXTRemix. But you guys need to realize something. When you bought your PS4, YOU decided to make the choice of spending hundreds of $ on something that will be obsolete in a decade or less. YOU decided to buy that shiny 60$ title you saw at your local retailer(Guild Wars 2, Call of Duty, whatever) YOU decided to dump your money into unnecessary things that you really didn't need. No one forced you to do it, because you MADE that decision to. So technically, YOU'RE putting yourself at a disadvantage, not the ones who decided to pursue a great hobby or profession of composing music, or even DRAWING.(to the thread about a 3 panel Warframe comic) Some of you even went to great lengths and bought Xbox One/PS4/PS Vita/iPhone 5s/Galaxy S4/etc etc, when you didn't even NEED those things. You could have kept your crappy Android phone, kept your PS2 or Xbox, or crappy PC, but YOU, not those, who spent their money wisely, YOU put yourself at a disadvantage, not anyone else. 

And there ARE programs are there for FREE and for a small payment that you can afford to learn how to make music and do amazing things in, but nope. You want that shiny new phone, or that brand new turbo for your car, or something silly you don't need, then you come to complain here about everyone else having a "advantage over you". Stop. Blame yourself, because it's your own fault. 

Programs I highly recommend because they may have no restrictions or restrictions that barely you would even call a "restriction" because it doesn't prevent you from fully doing what you want to do:

FREE programs:

Zynewave Podium(Free) ver. 2.40(unless the man updated it, which I doubt)

Reaper

(60 day evaluation period of a program with NO restrictions. SIXTY. DAYS. Anything past 60 days you are illegally using the program, and if you don't believe me ask the users on the Reaper forums, hell ask the creators themselves, or read the EULA when you install it, but who reads THAT?! Hehe)

Worth the money programs(to me):

FL Studio Producer Edition: 200$(half the price of a PS4, and a LIFETIME of FREE UPGRADES. Yes that means even IF the program comes out with FL Studio 12, 13, 14, eleventy nine, it's yours, for free. Even pass it on to your grandkids)

Studio One V2 Producer: 200$

REAPER: 60$. 60 frickin bucks. If you just went to a retailer and bought "Titanfall", shame on you. You could have a 60$ fully fledged widely known and appreciated DAW that competes with all the big DAW/audio programs out there(Pro Tools/FL Studio/Cubase etc), and all you have to do is not make 20k a YEAR making music in that program. REALLY?! And don't confuse what I just said, FROM. THE PROGRAM, if you make more than 20k a YEAR, you can't really use it. But who makes 20k a year from making music besides the biggest names out there?

My 2 cents?

Use Zynewave Podium(Free) ver 2.40, then get Reaper for 60$ when you're ready. Bam. Problems solved.

And I got the full, final version of Studio One V2 and I did it all working a part time MALL JOB. A frickin MALL JOB. Anyone who's worked a crappy mall job while trying to pay bills at the same time knows how hard the struggle is with getting what you need that's high in cost. I saved my money and only upgraded the software when they had Thanksgiving sales or just random "if you buy today, save this huge XX% discount" sales. 

Now to those who have made tracks: 

Some of you, you're cool. Those OTHERS, YEAH. I'M TALKING TO YOU. You think taking someone's licensed material and slapping Warframe sounds on it will make you win? News flash DE, I've been through this on remix competitions before, and I won't let it happen here. DE you need to be strict as all hell with the rules for those who try to enter the comp with someone's licensed material by slapping Warframe sound files on it and then calling it theirs. 1st off, that's ILLEGAL. Oh, you don't live in the U.S.? HA! Let me rephrase that. THAT'S INTERNATIONALLY ILLEGAL. (look it up if you don't believe me)So unless you live on the MOON, those who are doing that, need to stop. It's illegal by all accounts and DE you guys need to crack down on that, because as a company you guys can get in trouble for that. I won't say who's doing it but I've heard every mix on here posted and some of the users are trying to "get a easy win". And how do I know that you're cheating? Oh it's really easy. I won't say how I notice it(being the audiophile I am) so you can correct it, but it's very apparent. To the honest users out there, keep doing what you're doing, to the dishonest ones, keep thinking taking people material(whether it's a artist that's not "big" or even a big artist- like "Skrillex") and claiming it's yours will get you somewhere. Because a company (like DE)isn't going to risk going to court for you.

For those with a problem with DUBSTEP.

COME'ON IT'S 2014, JUST STOP WITH THE HATE AND LET THE GENRE LIVE. IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT, THEN DON'T LIKE IT. 

Anyway, enough of the rant, good luck Tenno, and here's my WIP entry, I'll finish it soon. 

And to Tactical Nuke Music, I know you've already pretty much covered what I said, but there are some things I had to add. 

To those wanting to know my setup:

Audio PC specs:

Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge||Corsair 600watt "Semi-Modular" PSU||G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333||ASUS 24X DVD Burner OEM||MSI Z77A-G41 LGA 1155||COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus||Rosewill CHALLENGER-U3 Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case||RAZER Naga Molten Black Mouse||Razer Deathstalker "Expert" Keyboard||160GB Western Digital Blue Caviar 3Gb/s 5400 RPM drive & Seagate 1TB||PreSonus Audiobox USB Bundle||Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit||Schecter Omen 6 Walnut Stain||Fender Squier J-Bass||Acer 23' HDMI monitor||EVGA GTX 650Ti SSC BOOST

Till next time.

Edited by Infinitoar

I present my entry

Spanky McDoodle - You are needed (warframe)

The time constraint did a number on me but i was able to squezz what i wanted in there. The track itself I personally feel needs to be longer, I'll work towards filling it in later but for now, I hope you enjoy what I've made.

Lotus, Rhino and Valkyr sound clips were used in the production of this track.

kCWaSf0.jpg

Edited by SpankyMcDoodle

Well someone asked me to make something different to the current "Dubsteppy" Submissions and to try my best to beat the current contenders. Keeping in mind the current theme for Warframe music with Drums and after meeting all the submission criteria, And since my exams just finished, I hope to take this by storm with an 'epic' themed music. This is my first real attempt at making music.

Rate up if you like it :) its helps me feel like I have not uploaded something useless.

Hope You guys Enjoy! 

YouTube-  

Souncloud- https://soundcloud.com/jithvan-ariyaratne/warframe-music-falcons-fly

The tag didnt work so I replaced it with a picture linked to the video :) Its actually 1 Min 42 seconds long.

Edited by Jithvan

https://soundcloud.com/duskstridesounds/warframe-origins-audio -Edit- 

So I realized after listening that it didn't render correctly so I fixed the audio so that the music is in front of the bg sounds from warframe. I'm glad some of you enjoyed the messed up version but here is a much better where you don't have to strain to hear it version haha.

Well here's mine I feel like it would work a lot better if there was a longer then 2 minute length I could give it but for having to keep it under this is the best I can do for the moment while working a job and being in school. I hope everyone enjoys it as I'm really doing this for fun! Let me know what you think please!

-DuskStride-

Edited by DuskStride

This (Routine Calls) is my submission to the contest.

It personally makes me feel happy that there are people here who also have an interest in music enough to produce their own music, so this is a contest I personally am feeling excited to actually participate in and am happy to see others participate in as well.

Reposted Links:

SoundCloud - Routine Calls (Submission Version)

SoundCloud - Routine Calls (Extended Version)

~ VanillaLucia

Edited by VanillaLucia