Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Introducing: "mod Consolidator" ~A Dojo Tech Solution, To Consolidate Mod Level Sets.

2ply

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:16 PM

*FROM the "Hot Topics" Post by DE_Megan. (link at bottom of post)

Ability Mods

*"Our Dev team is aware of the request to remove Ability Mods from the Drop Table. There have been some good suggestions floating around, and this topic may see dev activity as we add more mods to the pool.. Ability Mods can easily be ranked up with Fusion Cores alone and players don’t see the need to constantly obtain these Mods after 100+ hours of gameplay - but some builds require ‘underclocked’ mods so having multiples is still desired. More suggestions on where these Mods could potentially go and what to do about the growing pool of ability mods are welcome."

Note to all who upvoted and discussed this topic: THANK YOU! You are pushing for an idea you WANT!

And DE is listening.

Original example Below (Not from DE)

I have always wanted to see something like this:

53sbjk.png

AS FOR GENERIC WARFRAME ABILITIES: Allow the Circle to have a <0> arrows..when you acquire a new generic power that left or right arrow turns BLUE, this means you can swap the ability to the new generic or back to the standard power.

As for the Warframe ability leveling, instead of FUSION, just allow warframe abilities to LEVEL with the warframe.

TO ALLOW UNDER CLOCKING: A few suggestions DE

Consider this for all mods:

A dojo tech "mod consolidator" like a CD changer but for mods of the same type. (level sets: 1-12 fusion level)

- It can be the same size as the mods are and fit into mod slots on the warframe, so it can be mobil and used on all frames in any desired mod slot.

*Basically looks like a MOD, can be moved like a mod, but is a Multiple MOD holder..like a wallet for credit cards...if the cards were all the same type.

-Only 1 mod TYPE  can be placed in 1 consolidator; type meaning "serration, vitality, etc.

-Allow Players to create as many of these as they want so that they can have the level sets of all the mods in these consolidators if desired.

-A good example would be like a CD Changer that can hold several discs. Lets pretend we have 1 original disk and several remixes of that disc. The remixes are like mods that have been fused to a different level. The 1 original disk is like the base level mod.

-A cd changer holds all these disks and you can select which one to use for the moment. The same concept applies here, only with mods of different fusion levels.

-The key here is that it acts like a consolidator of several levels of the same mod type. So that you can switch the levels on the fly instead of going into a mod screen or removing a lower level mod for a higher level one of the same type.

-TO SPELL IT OUT:  using serration as an example, if I had all 12 levels of serration individually on 12 different individual cards each a different rank from 1-12; I could then place all 12 of those individual cards in the consolidator and be able to choose between them as needed to fit a particular build, the consolidator can be placed where the mod card would go on the weapons or warframes respectively.

-If you do not have all the levels of a particular mod in the consolidator you will be limited in selection to ONLY those that you have deposited inside it.

~Let me know what you guys think About the "Mod Consolidator"

Now Back to the first picture,

The revamped warframe ability system with added ability customization through "special ability mods"

To clarify:

The idea behind the "warframe ability mod slots" is for BRAND NEW mods that aren't in the game right now. Mods specifically designed to enhance, alter, change a warframe ability.

-No,  current mods used on the Warframe such as Fleeting Expertise and Intensify will NOT go in the proposed new warframe mod slots. They will remain on the warframe. 

-These NEW mods that will go into the warframe ability slots are to ALTER the warframe powers. NOT over power them.

-Warframe powers will STILL do what they do now by default,

-The new mods are specific to a warframe ability. So you could find a mod on Pluto that is made JUST for Slash Dash, you put it in the mod slots beside the Slash Dash ability to alter it.

-ALL the current warframe ability mods can go BYE BYE no more need for them anymore.

-Several new mods that are designed ONLY to alter or add effects to the warframe abilities will be introduced into the game.

MORE Examples of possible alterations to powers:

1.)  Frost Globe: A mod that you can add to frost globe that makes it EXPLODE at the end of its life...freezing everything for a few moments.

2.)  Slash Dash : A mod that adds a Bleed effect to any enemy who was hit by slash dash and not killed.

3.) Loki's invisible: A mod that if equipped will grant you health regeneration for a short time on use of Invisible.

* Currently if you have a good setup everything is already too easy until you reach a high level defense or survival, as such there is no need to consider these changes as game breaking.

These ideas are not because I feel a need to make warframes stronger,

I simply want to make modding them more fun, more specific, more custom and strategic.

Also free up space for those mods that are left out due to space constraints.

By space constraints I am speaking on the number of mod cards you can equip on a warframe

Not the mod POINT capacity.

* REMEMBER These are just ideas.

*Remember that with all new change there will be a balance needed.

But before you go, think of all the travel mods you want to use but cant because of space.

Please feel free to make up some more mod ideas and post them here!

Please Up-vote if you agree or can appreciate the concept.

**Source from above quote:

** https://forums.warfr...pics/?p=2315992

Edited by 2ply

I like it. Though wouldn't these the new ability mods will end up just replacing the old ones in the drop table?

They could, or they could be mods that are only given out as a reward for special mission types.

Edited by 2ply

• 1 month later...

Wow. How has this not gained more speed?

The above poster, GuardWarg, raises a valid point for the ability modifiers, though. But I have a suggestion:

Why not just give them to you when your Warframe ranks up? Between Rank 0-30, you've got a lot of space for this. No RNG, no grind, just increase in power and skill. 

Alternatively, why not make the market more credit friendly? Make these modifiers a market area of their own, where you can... Ya know, actually buy things. Like a market. It can be found under "Warframes" tab, "Abilities" sub-section. This has been fervently discussed and lauded as a possible solution by the general public, and I think this would go well with it. 

The modifiers can be expensive in creds, I don't think anyone would mind. Just please, PLEASE don't make us go through a week of mindless slaughter, like for Tranquil Cleave and stuff. It's really, really annoying. 

All this can tie into the current system easily, and I think it'll do more to promote skilful gameplay and a real means of personalizing your warframe beyond colours and accessories. This here is a good choice. Infinitely better than just adding ability mods to another guy's drop table. The abilities mod can be separated for the individual Warframes, and then for each, they have another subsection for each of their powers.

An example:

Warframe market tab ---> Abilities ---> Loki ---> Decoy ---> Multi-decoy/ Decoy health buff/ Radius of aggro increase

Warframe market tab ---> Abilities ---> Excalibur ---> Super Jump ---> Inherent Heavy Impact/ Jump height/ Double Jump

The idea is satisfyingly awesome.