Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do I Need 4 Halls?

Sven2157

I get that we have to build one, to get the other, but; Why do I need ALL of the Halls, when I just want one big one?

What is the reason/purpose behind not being able to Destroy the 'Clan Great Hall', once I have built the 'Clan Greatest Hall'?

Thanks

=170= Sven2157

Warlord | dynamic FX gaming Clan( dFXg Clan )

The halls mark the progression of a Dojo in size, to destroy one would be tantamount to destroying part of the Dojo's foundations.

Doesn't really make sense when small clans(We have four members in mine) have to build these long Halls just to get the one we want.

Dojo is about customizing the clan's home, we should be able to customize it on how we want it to be, not what's required. 

It's probably a holdover from before the Barracks. Before the barracks rooms were introduced as the room to allow progression to a larger clan tier, that function was filled by the clan halls. the bigger your clan, the bigger the clan hall you needed. In order to get the biggest size hall, you had to build the lower levels first, since you couldn't jump from a small clan to a massive clan in one jump.

Now, the clan halls do nothing except add space (both as a room and for increasing build capacity), but they still have that leftover prerequisite chain.

I just put my dojo's halls in one massive line one-after-another so you have to run for about a minute to the last hall where I put our clan's only drum set :P

I think my point has been missed.

I built ALL the halls in order, because I wanted the largest Hall.  I was able to destroy the original hall, after I built the second.  But now I can not destroy the other prerequisites, since I have the largest built.  It tells me that I cannot destroy it because it is a prerequisite to another hall.

This is absolutely ridiculous, I don't need ALL the halls, just the one.

I was able to destroy the original hall, after I built the second.

Not sure what you mean by this part.

From the rest of your comment, I think the issue is that the whole "prerequisite chain" doesn't stop after construction. The prerequisite halls must REMAIN PRESENT for as long as you have the highest-level hall around. Sort of like how the Oracle can't be removed while the dojo still has labs.

In order to remove the lower-level halls, you need to remove the higher-level halls that require them.

Which defeats the whole purpose of what you're trying to do in the first place, which is to just have the largest hall without the small ones.

Since clan halls are no longer tied to clan progression, DE should take a look at them, and consider making them standalone rooms, perhaps with increasing resource costs and capacity levels. Clans that want big, fancy rooms can get them, other clans that just need a quick hall for more capacity can slap a small hall somewhere, etc.

From the rest of your comment, I think the issue is that the whole "prerequisite chain" doesn't stop after construction. The prerequisite halls must REMAIN PRESENT for as long as you have the highest-level hall around. Sort of like how the Oracle can't be removed while the dojo still has labs.

In order to remove the lower-level halls, you need to remove the higher-level halls that require them.

Which defeats the whole purpose of what you're trying to do in the first place, which is to just have the largest hall without the small ones.

Since clan halls are no longer tied to clan progression, DE should take a look at them, and consider making them standalone rooms, perhaps with increasing resource costs and capacity levels. Clans that want big, fancy rooms can get them, other clans that just need a quick hall for more capacity can slap a small hall somewhere, etc.

While I understand this, my point is that, once the larger hall is built, the smaller hall should be able to be destroyed. There is no more need for it. The prerequisite can remain, to make getting the larger halls more challenging, but once construction is complete on the next level up hall, the smaller hall should be made destructible.

The comment you are unsure about was this: When I created the clan, I was given a dojo, that had a clan hall by default - the original hall. When I created the next sized hall and it completed, I was successful in destroying the 'original' hall. So I then chained the next set of halls together, and then placed the largest hall, where the 'original' hall was. Now I want to rid my dojo, of the stupidly long chain of clan halls - but can't. :'-(
Edited by Sven2157

Not sure what you mean by this part.

Not entirely true. you can destroy an oracle with the research labs there. You would need to build the oracle in another place having two. Then destroying the oracle at the original location.

But I think you were trying to prove the progression point which I agree with. Plus I really want DE to make gun wall decorations so I can turn the first hall you build into an armory.  Also more trophy type statues so I can make the second hall built into more of a trophy room

Not entirely true. you can destroy an oracle with the research labs there. You would need to build the oracle in another place having two. Then destroying the oracle at the original location.

But I think you were trying to prove the progression point which I agree with. Plus I really want DE to make gun wall decorations so I can turn the first hall you build into an armory.  Also more trophy type statues so I can make the second hall built into more of a trophy room

Your method still leaves one oracle present at all times though. Dojo doesn't care if the oracle you have now is the one you started with to originally make the labs. All it cares about is that you have at least one while you still have labs, which is what your method is. What I was talking about is trying to remove a dojo's ONLY oracle without first removing the labs. Same thing with the halls. OP, or anyone else for that matter, can't pull up the only instances of the smaller halls, because the dojo wants at least one of each of them to be present from the smallest one to the second-largest one for as long as there is one of the largest halls present.

The only half-solution to this is to build a copy all of the lower-levels of the halls in some random out-of-the-way corner of the dojo and forget about them, which should allow you to then remove the originals. Problem is you now have three halls still stuck onto the dojo, just in different spots.

Best solution is to have DE take a look at things and make the halls no longer rely on the next-lowest hall in order to be present.

Your method still leaves one oracle present at all times though. Dojo doesn't care if the oracle you have now is the one you started with to originally make the labs. All it cares about is that you have at least one while you still have labs, which is what your method is. What I was talking about is trying to remove a dojo's ONLY oracle without first removing the labs. Same thing with the halls. OP, or anyone else for that matter, can't pull up the only instances of the smaller halls, because the dojo wants at least one of each of them to be present from the smallest one to the second-largest one for as long as there is one of the largest halls present.

The only half-solution to this is to build a copy all of the lower-levels of the halls in some random out-of-the-way corner of the dojo and forget about them, which should allow you to then remove the originals. Problem is you now have three halls still stuck onto the dojo, just in different spots.

Best solution is to have DE take a look at things and make the halls no longer rely on the next-lowest hall in order to be present.

That could work and depending on how their clan is structured. They could also just allow lower halls to be built again so in theory could be placed elsewhere later if there are no connecting items stopping the destruction. That would also remove the constraint of having only 2 halls that have 4 connectors on the side in case they build a crazy amount of other research labs or other additions.

Mainly, if the hall construction requirements are re-evaluated, it would hopefully work something like this:

Need a bit more capacity in your dojo, or just want a small-large room? Build the lower-level hall.

Just want to build the huge room? Build the greatest hall straight away without needing the prerequisite smaller halls.

Construction costs and capacity levels for the rooms can be adjusted accordingly based on size.

No need to build the 3 smaller halls just to get the large one

no need to build redundant smaller halls in order to remove the first set

It would be great to be able to upgrade the starting Clan Hall into a larger one and go on until reach the greatest one.

But still be able to build around other hall for people who want larger rooms.

As it would be cool to be able to downgrade a Dojo size form Storm clan to Shadow for instance

^ What does any of this have to do with not being able to destroy the smaller clan halls?  Once the larger hall is built, then there is no more need for the smaller one.  Clan size, active players, etc, etc have nothing to do with the fact that I can't destroy the smaller halls now, while leaving the larger one.

I like the idea of being able to upgrade halls, but really I like my halls. In fact I have more than 4, I used them in my dojo build instead of cross hallways. :) Plus, it makes my dojo stand out a lot more, it looks more like a mall, and saves a ton of resources and forma. I probably have like, what, 20 halls maybe? Including the original tile set ones too. Man, I have so much capacity I don't even know what to do with it~

• 2 months later...

I do have to admit that the requisite chain should be altered a fair bit to allow the removal of lower tiered clan halls. I'm fine with having a Grand Hall and some day may upgrade to the Grandest, however the Forma that's just sitting there in my unused lesser halls could be going to things I REALLY could use or more expansion so I can make my dojo look decent; not like a runway for airships, and I do not want to have to do what others did and build a basement for the clan halls I won't be using for again, that's just a waste of Forma.

Well if they are going to keep the prerequisite chain intact, then they should allow for dojos to create the same hall again at least once, after they have reached that teir. This would help clan leaders organize their dojo's. An example would be that if you were to continuously build the halls in order, it would be: "Clan Hall, Great Hall, Greater Hall, Grand Hall, and Grandest Hall". However if you could put all the prerequisite halls to the side and then rebuild and remove the same halls you could go: "Clan Hall, Grandest Hall, Greater Hall, Grand Hall, ect, ect." however you want it.

Of course this would take longer to build, but for the neat, organizing crazy people (like me), it would be nice. As of right now, my clan Great and Greater halls have been shoved to a tiny T intersection in the back of my dojo with the reactors so I can have all the main research areas closest to the Grand Hall, so players wont have to run through giant halls to get to other sections.

I feel like the topic of this got lost somewhere ... I agree with the OP, I don't want every hall in my Dojo.  I want my ground floor to be nothing by reactors, currently I have two halls in the way of that and I am not able to destroy them.  If I want one of the other halls to make kind of a general meeting room over the grand ballroom, so to speak, then allow me to do so.  I just don't like being forced to take up room and energy I could be better using elsewhere.

Gods, please, this

I built my Dojo with the assumption that this wasn't a thing, thinking I could have a grandest hall as the central hub on the main level, and maybe a grander hall somewhere upstairs

Now I'm stuck with a trio of awful rooms tacked onto my floor plan like a mutant appendix, hanging off into bloody nowhere and using up my precious few ghost-clan resources.

Please, PLEASE let us remove these, DE

Be pretty darn cool if you could delete or move halls around. As the architect of my clan, I had to plan my dojo layout around this restricting tier hall system. So I am one of those folks who used the floor to floor design to house the lower tier halls til I got to the final tier grand hall as my main floor (4 floors total).  Seeing that it was a waste of forma ... on those empty halls beneath the main grand hall, I decided to make those floors functional and aesthetically awesome to visit :)   since then, I have no regrets.  but still I definitely agree that something should be done about these tier hall ways.

Here are some screenshots of those floors.

Main/4th Floor (Grandest Hallway)

Kds3ZkV.jpg

RVGs8hK.jpg

3rd Floor (Grand Hall)

TVHJ40s.jpg

hAqOoRM.jpg

2nd Floor (house the 2 other lower tier hallways)

yAcRmqa.jpg

5Wy0zVj.jpg

1st Floor (starting hall)

kcdFj4m.jpg

since it was my "generator floor" I made a "Generator Central HUB" at the entrance...totally functional too... u can walk up to the trade panel and activate it for trading. 

qnkXe8D.jpg

It's getting a little silly now.

I really want the dojo I'm building to be neat, organized and not too damn huge, so I've tried to have all the redundant rooms on the lower floor.

Now I want to upgrade. But the dojo is getting out of hand.

Why can't I delete old halls that I don't need? I can't even build a second hall so I can delete the first one and change its location?

It's a bit of a silly limitation.

I dunno, removing it would be nice. Or hell, just allowing us to straight up upgrade an existing hall into its next tier.

In addition to deleting the previous prerequisites for the larger halls, I would settle for building doubles of the halls allowing Clans to move previously built halls to a more appropriate location.

This would be equally acceptable, I would actually like the ability to expand the hall I have, as well.  Maybe change it so that the middle floor can ONLY be the hall and it expands via construction options?  Sounds decent enough to me.  It would allow for some rather interesting new choices from DE if they let us do it that way, I think.