The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Twin Queens Speculation

.Talia.

Claymore?

Anyway I always thought it was a old clone and a young clone, when the old clone dies they make a new young clone this way they are never without leadership and the line is succession is always there and quick.

This makes sense.

This makes sense.

I don't think Grineer cloning works like that, though - or at least based on how I'm reading that line. It seems to be suggesting that "if we lose Vor, we just clone Vor again" but Sargas Ruk's leaked lore says he OBTAINED his position, was not bred for it. So it seems that the Grineer military is set up just more like any traditional military, and clones develop their own identity (instead of being shackled to the identity of their original).

Edited by Morec0

I'd personally like to see something like this:

(gore-ish)

Borg_Queen_disembodied.jpg

Granted if you were to fight them they'd be installed in some mech-like thing, just like hek.

I think it's fitting to the grineer body-modification culture.

I don't think Grineer cloning works like that, though - or at least based on how I'm reading that line. It seems to be suggesting that "if we lose Vor, we just clone Vor again" but Sargas Ruk's leaked lore says he OBTAINED his position, was not bred for it. So it seems that the Grineer military is set up just more like any traditional military, and clones develop their own identity (instead of being shackled to the identity of their original).

What if it's a mix of the two? What if certain things, like the brain, are kept when a boss is defeated, cleanup teams come in and cryo the most important parts (such as the head) and then anything else is recloned and then the brain implanted. Military leaders become almost immortal, explains why you can refight bosses and how leader Grineer are able to move up the ranks. But only substantially important Grineer are subject to this type of treatment. The grunts are disposable. The leadership isn't. 

To me they can be either ugly or beautiful. What it comes down to is how DE wants to show the queens of the Grineers as. Might be that they are shown  as some kind of ugly deformed pair whose disgusting nature is considered Grineer perfection among the Grineer. Or they could be the opposite of complete uglyness whose beauty is inspiration to every Grineer.

Only time can tell.

What if it's a mix of the two? What if certain things, like the brain, are kept when a boss is defeated, cleanup teams come in and cryo the most important parts (such as the head) and then anything else is recloned and then the brain implanted. Military leaders become almost immortal, explains why you can refight bosses and how leader Grineer are able to move up the ranks. But only substantially important Grineer are subject to this type of treatment. The grunts are disposable. The leadership isn't. 

Being able to refight bosses is the same reason we can refight bosses in any game: game mechanics. Although you may have a point in some regard, Vor was able to rebuilt himself not only once but twice after being cut in-half (first in the PS4 trailer, then by us in-game) and Kril is able to survive one of his two assassinations to appear at the second. Although that may just be a case of Vor having that Orokin power sustaining him and Kril looking like he's just INCREDIBLY difficult to kill.

All in all, though, I think it's more a case of "mostly dead, we'll patch them up later" than "they're dead, scavenge what we can, we'll rebuild them later".

Being able to refight bosses is the same reason we can refight bosses in any game: game mechanics. Although you may have a point in some regard, Vor was able to rebuilt himself not only once but twice after being cut in-half (first in the PS4 trailer, then by us in-game) and Kril is able to survive one of his two assassinations to appear at the second. Although that may just be a case of Vor having that Orokin power sustaining him and Kril looking like he's just INCREDIBLY difficult to kill.

All in all, though, I think it's more a case of "mostly dead, we'll patch them up later" than "they're dead, scavenge what we can, we'll rebuild them later".

There really is a fine line between life and death and people wiggle on that line a lot of the time. So really, it's hard to tell whether they're actually dead or they're just near death or any variation of the two.

While that may be how the military works it may not be how the Queens are done.  While the term queens may be just a name thrown on them we can assume that it may also represent some form of Monarchy (Dualarchy?) in which case you are born to rule.  The Queens were orginaly cloned from a single important individual from Grineer past, much like modern long standing Monarchies can trace their lineage back many generations.  They are still individuals but being cloned of the queen's gene line it is their duty to rule.

Why does everyone wants them to be beautiful and perfect? That doesn't fit the Grineer looks...

As far as we know, Kela De Thaym is beautiful by Grineer standards! 

She is Royalty, member of the Grineer Council according to the Transmissions in her mission.

2013-12-28_00009.jpg

Kela.jpg

shojoneer_by_yuikami_da-d6adce7.jpg

What if.... The... Twin....Queens....Are.... MEGAN AND REBECCA! :D Come on everyone in warframe would just cry. :)

If they DON'T voice one EACH I will strangle a baby Kubro!

Edited by Morec0

I think them looking as completely perfect specimens of the human race, without any cybernetic implants at all is a good idea. I imagine them as semi-nude, perfectly healthy normal looking human beings, untainted by all the cloning that the Grineer went through. It's really going to be a shocking experience to see them as such, since throughout the whole Warframe universe, you see the Grineer with all their steampunk-ish, cybernetic stuff, and you see the two highest authority of the Grineer as this two really 'fresh' women.

I think them looking as completely perfect specimens of the human race, without any cybernetic implants at all is a good idea. I imagine them as semi-nude, perfectly healthy normal looking human beings, untainted by all the cloning that the Grineer went through. It's really going to be a shocking experience to see them as such, since throughout the whole Warframe universe, you see the Grineer with all their steampunk-ish, cybernetic stuff, and you see the two highest authority of the Grineer as this two really 'fresh' women.

While it might be good advertisement it would make the games credibility go down, i rather the Lore be very serious rather then it be just a eye pleaser. .-. 

While it might be good advertisement it would make the games credibility go down, i rather the Lore be very serious rather then it be just a eye pleaser. .-. 

How will it make the credibility go down? Okay, maybe remove the whole 'semi-nude' part. Maybe they can have some cool exosuit looking things like the Tenno hostages we rescue, and make them somewhat acrobatic like a Tenno.

But I'm thinking they'll be very smart, with centuries of experience in diplomacy and combat. They'll be very persuasive, they can like try to get the Tenno to work for them, they'll also sometimes act like they're the good guys, and do stuff that will help persuade Tenno to help the Grineer(when I meant work for them, I meant kill more Corpus than Grineer). But in the end, they're really just manipulative, sadistic monsters, more twisted and ugly than any Grineer soldier who had been cloned and implemented with cybernetic attachments, in the inside. They're goal is just nothing but complete domination of the entire Solar System, but of course, they'll be very indirect, making the player doubt their true objective.

How will it make the credibility go down? Okay, maybe remove the whole 'semi-nude' part. Maybe they can have some cool exosuit looking things like the Tenno hostages we rescue, and make them somewhat acrobatic like a Tenno.

But I'm thinking they'll be very smart, with centuries of experience in diplomacy and combat. They'll be very persuasive, they can like try to get the Tenno to work for them, they'll also sometimes act like they're the good guys, and do stuff that will help persuade Tenno to help the Grineer(when I meant work for them, I meant kill more Corpus than Grineer). But in the end, they're really just manipulative, sadistic monsters, more twisted and ugly than any Grineer soldier who had been cloned and implemented with cybernetic attachments, in the inside. They're goal is just nothing but complete domination of the entire Solar System, but of course, they'll be very indirect, making the player doubt their true objective.

Always two there are... A master and an apprentice.