Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Redirection And Vitality Mods Going Away?

Xenogear

I know this is somewhat of a double post - https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/20017-redirection-and-vitality-mods/ But I wasnt too sure where to post it.

According to the live stream to my understanding.

The Redirection and Vitality mods are going to go poof and be replaced by a passive warframe leveling system.

Its also my understanding that the cards will go into a "collectors edition" for those who already have/upgraded them, in other words they are able to keep them.

Is there any other details/confirmation on this other then the stream? :)

No, although your details aren't great. To clarify what was said on the stream [i grant it was hard to hear]:

Redirection and Vitality mods are being replaced by new health/shield mods which work better with the new passive scaling system. So health/shield mods will still be a thing, just not the same health/shield mods.

No, although your details aren't great. To clarify what was said on the stream [i grant it was hard to hear]:

Redirection and Vitality mods are being replaced by new health/shield mods which work better with the new passive scaling system. So health/shield mods will still be a thing, just not the same health/shield mods.

See this would be awesome.. If there being replaced by different ones to work with the passives.. :) that would be the best route to go, perhaps I didn't hear it correctly.

Would still love a dev to confirm this though.

I would assume that is mostly adjusting the values of the mods, possibly giving hard numbers instead of a percentage increase. Right now a shield mod can give you +200% shields at level 5 and it actually adds to the base value, not modifies it (meaning the formula is shield = base value + (base value * shield mod), if we add passive progression to that, the numbers would need adjustments, otherwise say a 30 level frame would have 200 shields as compared to the current 100. With the current reflection mod at 200% it would have 300 shields. With a base of 200, it would have 600. And thats not even on a fully upgraded shield mod.

So yeah, looks like its either going to be flat values, or reduced percentage bonuses. I think ultimatelly the former would be way, way simpler to manage, but who knows.

I would assume that is mostly adjusting the values of the mods, possibly giving hard numbers instead of a percentage increase. Right now a shield mod can give you +200% shields at level 5 and it actually adds to the base value, not modifies it (meaning the formula is shield = base value + (base value * shield mod), if we add passive progression to that, the numbers would need adjustments, otherwise say a 30 level frame would have 200 shields as compared to the current 100. With the current reflection mod at 200% it would have 300 shields. With a base of 200, it would have 600. And thats not even on a fully upgraded shield mod.

So yeah, looks like its either going to be flat values, or reduced percentage bonuses. I think ultimatelly the former would be way, way simpler to manage, but who knows.

Ya, something like a fixed amount would be awesome :)

See this would be awesome.. If there being replaced by different ones to work with the passives.. :) that would be the best route to go, perhaps I didn't hear it correctly.

Would still love a dev to confirm this though.

Steve has confirmed this. Current mods will remain with all stats and fusions attached for anyone who currently has one, but any new mod would have a scaled down value to fit better with the passive health and shield system.