The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Just Me, Or Is Rubedo Super Rare?

Kopikatsu

The wiki says it's only uncommon, but man. In twenty runs of alternating between Oro and Pacific, I've gotten about 200 Rubedo. Is there a way to like...expedite this process? Because I really want to make some Warframes, and Rubedo is all I need to finish Trinity and Ash.

Are you clearing entire levels? I usually get 50-100 each Oro run. Do not rely solely on mob drops for it, look for especially the chests (or eggs in spaceship maps with the current update ;P) though they drop out of lockers sometimes too. Make sure to look in every nook and cranny of the level, more often then not, there are several paths open that the actual mission will not take you to.

Also, as others have pointed out, the infested defense mission is a good source too, lots of mobs, usually killed in close proximity so easy to gather.

It is really important when farming on non defense missions to go the routes that aren't towards the objective and loot all crates and lockers. If you do not do this then you can't have high expectations for finding anything.

When I went through and cleared all of the Europa maps, I got on average just over 100 rubedo a map. That planet is a rubedo goldmine. And yes make sure you open up every last locker and crate.

Edited by DrPhill

I was looting and killing everything, but that was in the Earth sector. I guess I'll try Europa and see how that goes.

Edit: What's a good primary for killing Infested? Shotgun is too slow (and I don't feel like investing tons of credits into getting 100-120% multishot), Paris is too slow,, Latron can't handle the swarms... I did try out the Braton for the first time a few hours ago, and I was really getting into that. Sort of drained ammo pretty quickly though, but it's completely unmodded and I was bringing it into Earth (It's still at a low rank). I feel like all my weapons are pretty terrible, but then I realized I haven't really been upgrading my mods. But it costs so much...bleh.

Edited by Kopikatsu

It's not that rare, no, but it isn't very easy to get and you never find it large quantities. Biggest Rubedo drop I've gotten might have been like 25 with the majority of the drops being around 16-19, so they can be really annoying and/or frustrating to farm when you go through levels and only get 1 or 2 drops.

I started farming some of the mats for the ember blueprints and then I realized after leveling a Volt to 25 and Nyx to 17, I hadn't even collected 300 Rubedo. I had maybe 220.

You need 600 total for the chassis and helmet :X....

Rubedo is in a similar boat with alloy plate, but I have had better luck finding alloy.

Edited by Fitzhugh

Can't speak for anyone else, but so far rubedo is the material that is giving the most headache.

Prob because I generally don't like to solo, and I don't want to hold a group back by looting every single container on the map.

I much prefer the "rare" materials of boss mobs.

Rubedo has become so problematic for me to find, that Im activly avoiding recipies that use it with the exception of frames -.-

Alloy feels alot easier to get since you'll get quite a bit just from doing the rhino bp boss.

Edited by Munx

It's not that rare, no, but it isn't very easy to get and you never find it large quantities. Biggest Rubedo drop I've gotten might have been like 25 with the majority of the drops being around 16-19, so they can be really annoying and/or frustrating to farm when you go through levels and only get 1 or 2 drops.

I started farming some of the mats for the ember blueprints and then I realized after leveling a Volt to 25 and Nyx to 17, I hadn't even collected 300 Rubedo. I had maybe 220.

You need 600 total for the chassis and helmet :X....

Rubedo is in a similar boat with alloy plate, but I have had better luck finding alloy.

800. 300 for helmet and 500 for chassis, I believe it was.

I haven't had a problem with Alloy Plate though.

800. 300 for helmet and 500 for chassis, I believe it was.

I haven't had a problem with Alloy Plate though.

Pre u7 it was 500 for a helmet and 300 for a chasis, 800 total. It changed in u7; my Saryn chasis only takes 50 to craft and I think my Banshee helmet took a similar amount.

Rubedo isn't very rare once you get to a solid level with good mods and weapons because Earth, Europa, Sedna, and Pluto all drop it. I actually ended up with more rubedo than I need just by unlocking all of Sedna and most of Europa. I think I've gotten ~1500 rubedo after u7.

Rubedo is not rare atm..

Just do the Infested defence mission in Europa to get tons of rubedo..

If you can't.. You'll need to farm from lootable containers.. But fromt he uncommon materials i believe Alloy plates are the most uncommon.

What is the name of this mission?

Pre u7 it was 500 for a helmet and 300 for a chasis, 800 total. It changed in u7; my Saryn chasis only takes 50 to craft and I think my Banshee helmet took a similar amount.

Rubedo isn't very rare once you get to a solid level with good mods and weapons because Earth, Europa, Sedna, and Pluto all drop it. I actually ended up with more rubedo than I need just by unlocking all of Sedna and most of Europa. I think I've gotten ~1500 rubedo after u7.

It's still 500 for a helmet and 300 for a chassis. I have 9 chassis and 10 helmet blueprints in my foundry at this moment, all of which show those numbers. I don't have Saryn bps (sold the dupes for cash right after I crafted her) or Banshee bps (haven't tried to get her yet), so those might be oddballs. Can't remember what I spent for Saryn; just assumed the numbers were the same as all others and hit craft as soon as I had the bps.

In closed beta there was sort of an unspoken code in pug groups. In most systems, most people would maybe break convenient containers and open convenient lockers while skipping farther ones or dead-end rooms. But on Earth most people would break all the containers and check every little dead-end room and mark rubedo drops like they marked mods. I don't know if people still do that now; I haven't been running Earth since u7. Got enough rubedo opening up Europa and Sedna to craft 3 frames. :)

What is the name of this mission?

Valefor.

Edited by Toastradamus

I was looting and killing everything, but that was in the Earth sector. I guess I'll try Europa and see how that goes.

Edit: What's a good primary for killing Infested? Shotgun is too slow (and I don't feel like investing tons of credits into getting 100-120% multishot),

I think shotguns are still the best - assuming you've modded for base damage and multishot. Of course the mods matter. In Infested missions, the long range and high accuracy at a distance of the Snipetron, and even rifles like the Latron and Braton is inconsequential. That means shotguns are excellent in that slot. The only issue is the limited magazine size and relatively long reload time.

Usually I fire my shotgun until it runs dry, then I switch to my pistol (usually a Bronco for Infested missions) and use melee.