Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U12.4 Failed To Connect To Server

(PSN)CrazyDeadPerson

Thanks for the info. I don't even want to try to get anything back until its all fixed. Hopefully by friday evening at the latest. Im also hardwired and am running a symmetrical 18MBps connection. How do the tickets actually work? they just give it to you or what? Or is it something you activate?

you just fill in the catagories of the ticket and someone from DE will respond to you.  They responded to mine only hours after i sumbitted the ticket.  Basically told me that they are aware of the problem and they apologize for the inconvienence.  I still suggest you submit a ticket, maybe th more people they see affected by it the more manpower they will use to help get the issure resolved.

Yeah, I pretty much lost over a week of my boosters.  And of course, there is no way to get that back.   And some people wonder why I'm quitting Warframe by this Friday when a certain beta comes out >.>

I'm sorry, but when 90% of my games end up with either:

a) Crash

b) Freeze

c) Loss of Rewards due to server issues

d) Loss of connection due to host dc/crash/freeze

e) Loss of connection at random (while my internet is still running fine, mind you)

f) Can't even join the game due to unable to connect

g) Forced to restart the game because someone ninja invited me to a tethra mission while I was pressing x.

h) Some other issue not listed above because I don't want to have to switch to a different language to keep this list going.

That just makes me really give up on the game.  I'm sorry, but that is just bad practice.

Like with BF4 and how they knew that the game crashed before the release date.  They knew that the game crashed while testing in their own company.

However, they at least could use the excuse: Well, Sony was forcing us to release early because of the PS4 launch.  What is DE's excuse for pushing out a bad patch?  Last patch was bad with several voids frequently crashing.  This patch you had freezes until the hotfix.  Even after the hotfix, you have crashes.

Suck that your still experiencing this, I only experienced it for 8hours post that last patch and their hotfix on the server side of things seemed to make everything go away with freezing or crashing out.

I still sometimes disconnect from the game randomly, but not while in mission.

Hope you change your mind in the future.

Suck that your still experiencing this, I only experienced it for 8hours post that last patch and their hotfix on the server side of things seemed to make everything go away with freezing or crashing out.

I still sometimes disconnect from the game randomly, but not while in mission.

Hope you change your mind in the future.

Once I quit a game, I never return.  And they won't fix things before Friday.

It just is not worth the frustration of spending like over an hour in tower survival/defense and then coming out and finding that the data wasn't sync'ed and I lost everything.

Or the multiple crashes and so on.  And definitely not worth risking a freeze.

Edited by (PS4)ariaandkia

DERebecca, i would like to know anything we can do to help figure out the problem my mother does IT work and she tells me that the best thing we can do for you and to help us all get this fixed it to answer any questions. for the people complaining understand that what they are looking for is small bits of information in all the "i am going to quit talk" it might help to write down maps or areas and time to up them hammer it down if it is time in game, or if it is moving from one thing to the next really fast. 

Thank you for fixing the Heavy Impact mod as I know from some programming classes in high school that small fix could have taken weeks or even months,

Just want all you to know that they are probably  looking though thousands of lines of text and code to find the problem so be patient and look at it this way your friends got a bunch of stuff for free at the cost of your time how about they host it next time and see if they get the same problem.then have them post things from their experience 

Edited by (PS4)ZMPr0wLer

DERebecca, i would like to know anything we can do to help figure out the problem my mother does IT work and she tells me that the best thing we can do for you and to help us all get this fixed it to answer any questions. for the people complaining understand that what they are looking for is small bits of information in all the "i am going to quit talk" it might help to write down maps or areas and time to up them hammer it down if it is time in game, or if it is moving from one thing to the next really fast. 

Thank you for fixing the Heavy Impact mod as I know from some programming classes in high school that small fix could have taken weeks or even months,

Just want all you to know that they are probably  looking though thousands of lines of text and code to find the problem so be patient and look at it this way your friends got a bunch of stuff for free at the cost of your time how about they host it next time and see if they get the same problem.then have them post things from their experience

I can appreciate the sentiment. However, these are professionals, not kids taking a class. This issue became prevalent in 12.4.4. Clearly they changed something with networking and how their servers work.

I know this is in Beta, but this is nothing short of game-breaking and affected people have every justification to be ticked off, especially those who have spent money on this game.

As these connectivity issues persist, we'll update everyone when we have secured a fix. We're currently testing, once we are confident we will get it out as soon as we are able.

Thank you DE Rebecca, we love seeing in these part of the forums ;)..

AriaandKia:

I understand your frustration. I used to experience these same issues, but for some reason they are gone now.

Edited by (PS4)PD_33

As fars as losing everything i get in a game goes im finally not getting thoses errors.

But, now the "failed to connect to server" in menus is getting worse but i can join ppl or start my own game if i get that message and just leave it then i can still go into the game.

i dont know much about how making a game works but could it be lieing to itself for lack of better words

Edited by (PS4)CrazyDeadPerson

As a programmer myself, I can say that yes, it can take a while to find bugs, even for me and my specialty is finding bugs.  (Heck, I've had developers ok me for hacking their games in exchange for providing them information on how to fix their bugs, partially since it makes it easier to find them (I know DE would never ok that for me though, lol)).  However, there needs to be acknowledgement as soon as the bug is discovered if the bug is not exploitable and as soon as possible if the bug is exploitable.  By that, I mean like this:  

Bug causes players to lose their accounts.  Not really exploitable and more dangerous to not tell players, tell players right away, thus acknowledging that there is a problem and providing a warning to players to avoid the bug.

Bug allows players to dupe money (say platinum).  Exploitable bug and dangerous to acknowledge.  Use the fact that people WILL exploit it (or report it) and make use of that to find where the bug is located.  This is why you add log codes and debug codes into programs.  Obviously disable the codes so that they can't be accessed in the standard client version, but have a way to access them in the administrative version.   Although it is completely amusing when people forget to remove them and suddenly the end user gets a hold of debug rooms and such.

I can appreciate the sentiment. However, these are professionals, not kids taking a class. This issue became prevalent in 12.4.4. Clearly they changed something with networking and how their servers work.

I know this is in Beta, but this is nothing short of game-breaking and affected people have every justification to be ticked off, especially those who have spent money on this game.

Exactly this.

Thank you DE Rebecca, we love seeing in these part of the forums ;)..

AriaandKia:

I understand your frustration. I used to experience these same issues, but for some reason they are gone now.

Far too late for me though.  My friends have already set up our plans for tonight/tomorrow morning.  Besides, just because it is fixed for some...

Let us just say that I find all sort of bugs.  Have you seen the one where I prove that trinity is actually a water animal?  No?

7) I learned that I was a fish.  This was made funnier by my warframe.  Can you guess which warframe?

10005930_645011675566158_41677192_o.jpg

1926055_645011622232830_1440913094_o.jpg

Videos:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=645012118899447&l=2509420938781204791

At the end, I'm like: What in the world?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=645014295565896&l=8797634360913356293

At this point, I'm going: Seriously, I'm like stuck or something.  Take a screenshot so I can see from your angle!  (still waiting)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=645015072232485&l=774709300248837569

Now imagine at the end of the video me going: And I'm free.... Yes I'm freeeeeeeeee~!

Edited by (PS4)ariaandkia

So the almost $100 I spent on this game I know and I don't know how it is to spend money at least this game has support staff that responds. I did notice the game is saving more often. I was not expecting a fix till the release of helos. In fact I was not expecting an update for another month. I just want you to know I was spending a 60 on one game monthly to play online one game the developers keep taking our money but did nothing to improve or fix problems then shut the game down half way into the month but still kept the 60.

I hope the PS4 gets a little lovin' soon, this issue is going on 2 weeks now... Unfortunately, I've become used to frequent log-offs and holding my breath after each match until I see whether my mission has saved or not. With that being said, I really am liking the new content in 12.4 I just wish it wasn't such a tense moment after every extraction.

I hope the PS4 gets a little lovin' soon, this issue is going on 2 weeks now... Unfortunately, I've become used to frequent log-offs and holding my breath after each match until I see whether my mission has saved or not. With that being said, I really am liking the new content in 12.4 I just wish it wasn't such a tense moment after every extraction.

Exactly. I shouldn't feel so much anxiety on my way to Extraction after each Oxium run and even more so when I've collected rare mods during said run. Each run being about 35-40min, worrying about blue screen crashing and then worrying double that on the way to Extraction. The sigh of relief feels great when the game works. But I hate the initial feeling of anxiety. I haven't been logged off as much as I used to. The game simply just doesn't save anything I do after each mission now. Back to back too.

So the almost $100 I spent on this game I know and I don't know how it is to spend money at least this game has support staff that responds. I did notice the game is saving more often. I was not expecting a fix till the release of helos. In fact I was not expecting an update for another month. I just want you to know I was spending a 60 on one game monthly to play online one game the developers keep taking our money but did nothing to improve or fix problems then shut the game down half way into the month but still kept the 60.

I'm not trying to be rude but I don't understand most of your opening sentence. As to the rest,

1) that other game sounds awful and it probably shut down because most people would not pay $60/mo for a subscription.

2) telling a story about a game experience much worse than this doesn't make this game's current state any better (although I understand you are trying to provide some perspective)

I stand by my comment. This is a two-week old game-breaking problem that should have a hotfix by now. We shouldn't have to wait for the next update.

So far, I would agree that the support staff is responsive, but if they aren't providing solutions in what many would consider a timely manner, then they are going to have a big problem with customer retention and go the way of the other game you described.

I'll keep checking back for a patch but I have to say my interest in this game has declined significantly due to issues. It's a beta so i suppose that's par for the course of developing the game but it's disheartening none the less.  I definitely don't play the game the way I want to anymore which has made my interest in it lessen.

I'll keep checking back for a patch in hopes of good news.  Until then I'll be back on the battlefield 4.

I've had the same issue since the update, but now it's evolved to where I can only login 1/30 attempts. I could handle the logouts every now and again, but getting 'progress not saved!' after EVERY SINGLE MISSION? No longer acceptable. I've tried to be patient with it, but this is getting ridiculous.

seems to be random for me in the sense that I would play for a few hours and only have one or two issues. Then another session I would get can't connect or can't save progress every mission. I even tried doing a complete power cycle all the way to modem to see if perhaps giving it time to desync any connections and perhaps find a different one.

I'm unsure how the game is made to work so I'm unsure if that theory would even apply.  My hopes where that there are multiple "game save" servers out there and only a handful are horrible.  Any way you look at it though, I can't replicate the problem where it is always better or worse, just a random bunch of errors that have ruined things for the time being. 

It's a beta and it's free. I know you can rank up major cash in microtransactions if you wish but when in beta stage there is a price to pay.  Here's to our good luck in them getting the fix submitted, passed QC, and delivered working as intended.