Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multiple Bugs Report Here. Help Expand This For De.

(PSN)RaivynLyken

I've encountered sound cut outs, but they've tended to come with the lag and frame rate drops in the Void or Grineer asteroid missions. The tower void missions are a nigh on an unplayable mess, the thing is glitchy with horrendous frame rate drops and rubber banding were enemies are stretched across the screen, when they are affected by ragdoll mechanics. Even soloing the missions I suffer frame rate drops, so it's not a hosting issue. 

Blue screen errors, I've had at least 5 of these, no hard lock ups yet, but I Warframe crashes and I have to restart after losing all saved progress. Most commonly I've found it on Orokin Derelict defence and survival.

Most recently, there is the "cannot connect to servers" issue which has become an increasing problem, by the look of things on the forums, and the latest "can't complete update"

I would like to emphasise to DE in a way I wouldn't usually; fix your S#&$, stop releasing prime access gear and additional content until these issues are resolved, especially the frame rate drops and blue screen error crashes. As someone who has been involved in the legal sector, I really can't emphasize strongly enough how important it is to fix these issues, before you end up breaching contract legislation based on the quality of the product and it comes back to bite you in the arse. I would recommend addressing this as a matter of urgency.

Has anyone affected by the 'could not connect' issue changes any Port Settings in the game (in game options or router)?

None of my group has yet, Rebecca, but we do have a few new bugs to report that still haven't been squashed, but it isn't ruining our enjoyment in the game. Also, we have noted that [DE]KickBot is not kicking lately. Guessing this is a problem with the new patch unless it has become more lenient on what can be said and done in Region. Below is a new list of changes we did note though!

Update #1 - 3/27/14:

I am posting in order to bring some insight to a few things that are still happening even with today and the newly deployed update I received approximately 12:45pm CST. So far I've encountered a few bugs still, some not as bad.

Lock-Up's: Gone

Sound Cut Outs:
  -Not as frequent as they were, maybe 1-2 every half hour or so.

Equipment Schemes:
  -Colors still reset once upon re-entering the arsenal.
  Potential Fix: Choose the same color or a new color in your color scheme, seems this fixes it, but must be redone when choosing a new color scheme. 

Update Failed to Install:
  -Multiple Users are having an issue with the game installing the update via the PSN side on console. Seems there could be a potential bad file or verification file.

Void Missions:
  -Some users are reporting game crashes (this is within my group I play with). Though this is very little and only have had a small number of these. Approximately two in around 24 hours.

Frame Rate Lag:
  -Seems to have been alleviated a small bit on the Tethra Missions. Can still be a problem for those who are expecting a smooth run, which we know will come in time, not instantly.

These are all I have to report today and hope we see these fixed.

I've encountered sound cut outs, but they've tended to come with the lag and frame rate drops in the Void or Grineer asteroid missions. The tower void missions are a nigh on an unplayable mess, the thing is glitchy with horrendous frame rate drops and rubber banding were enemies are stretched across the screen, when they are affected by ragdoll mechanics. Even soloing the missions I suffer frame rate drops, so it's not a hosting issue. 

Blue screen errors, I've had at least 5 of these, no hard lock ups yet, but I Warframe crashes and I have to restart after losing all saved progress. Most commonly I've found it on Orokin Derelict defence and survival.

Most recently, there is the "cannot connect to servers" issue which has become an increasing problem, by the look of things on the forums, and the latest "can't complete update"

I would like to emphasise to DE in a way I wouldn't usually; fix your S#&$, stop releasing prime access gear and additional content until these issues are resolved, especially the frame rate drops and blue screen error crashes. As someone who has been involved in the legal sector, I really can't emphasize strongly enough how important it is to fix these issues, before you end up breaching contract legislation based on the quality of the product and it comes back to bite you in the arse. I would recommend addressing this as a matter of urgency.

They are working on it. This is why I created this topic in order for us to help DE improve the game. I would like to say that vulgarity will not help improve it. Instead just a list of issues will. Feedback on what causes it, when, and how. I know this is a problem you are frustrated with, but it is something that has been improving. Some of the issues we are experiencing are NOT DE's fault. Instead some of it is HARDWARE related and firmware related. I've noticed major jumps in improved performance since the last PS4 update. The game has been running a lot more stable for me with even better frame rate than before.  If you have not, I'd suggest turning off your PS4 for approximately five minutes and reboot it. It may need it.

Edited by (PS4)RaivynLyken

They are working on it. This is why I created this topic in order for us to help DE improve the game. I would like to say that vulgarity will not help improve it. Instead just a list of issues will. Feedback on what causes it, when, and how. I know this is a problem you are frustrated with, but it is something that has been improving. Some of the issues we are experiencing are NOT DE's fault. Instead some of it is HARDWARE related and firmware related. I've noticed major jumps in improved performance since the last PS4 update. The game has been running a lot more stable for me with even better frame rate than before.  If you have not, I'd suggest turning off your PS4 for approximately five minutes and reboot it. It may need it.

Really as I have friends, which are also software devs and have detailed the problems not being their hardware, and play the PC version and they are still encountering crashes and frame rate lags on Void and Derelict missions are you saying that there is a priority to address this? How long has the PC version been out now? A year? Are those issues firmware and hardware related too? Because it seems in both cases that it is the Void and Derelict which cause problems on both platforms. 

So I should consider turning on my PS4, then immediately turn it off. Considering that Void survival is subject to frame rate drops no matter how long I have been playing previously that seems to be the course of action you are suggesting. The same can be said with Orokin Derelict. 

While my vulgarity is rather justly founded when I see, to my annoyance, and frustration the lack of prioritisation when it comes to fixing these sections of the game, yet DE is all for releasing new content. Or didn't you notice that the Tethra's doom mission was almost unplayable for some people because of the existing issues which were compounded by the update rather than addressed. I was lucky, I didn't have that problem, mine remain the preserve of certain Void and Derelict missions.

Edited by (PS4)billy-d-squid

Really as I have friends, which are also software devs and have detailed the problems not being their hardware, and play the PC version and they are still encountering crashes and frame rate lags on Void and Derelict missions are you saying that there is a priority to address this? How long has the PC version been out now? A year? Are those issues firmware and hardware related too? Because it seems in both cases that it is the Void and Derelict which cause problems on both platforms. 

So I should consider turning on my PS4, then immediately turn it off. Considering that Void survival is subject to frame rate drops no matter how long I have been playing previously that seems to be the course of action you are suggesting. The same can be said with Orokin Derelict. 

While my vulgarity is rather justly founded when I see, to my annoyance, and frustration the lack of prioritisation when it comes to fixing these sections of the game, yet DE is all for releasing new content. Or didn't you notice that the Tethra's doom mission was almost unplayable for some people because of the existing issues which were compounded by the update rather than addressed. I was lucky, I didn't have that problem, mine remain the preserve of certain Void and Derelict missions.

I'm going to start assuming your upset or now trolling me, which is where I'll make my final point, which I'm going to. The point of this forum topic is to help bring forth ideas to help improve the game so that it may be updated in order to better help this game perform better. Unfortunately, my friends on PC have not had this issue that you speak of with game crashes, blue screens, and of course frame rate. If the problems were widespread, I am sure that they would have fixed it by now.

As for the PS4 version, I've had luckily almost no issues as of now, but that is not to say I didn't experience any once this patch launched. I've had very few crashes, and very few frame rate issues unless the game was insanely overloaded with enemies. Unfortunately, I've noticed your annoyance and frustration. The one thing you must take into account is that this game is not only being developed by a small team, but is also being developed across multiple platforms. With this they need precise information, not being grilled, and threatened. 

With this I would also suggest stating the problems you are having and what they are. This is highly suggested so this game CAN be made to run properly.

Update #2: 3/27/2014 - 6:04pm CST:

Failed To Install Update:

-Reported by fewer people since the new patch was re-implemented recent.

Possible Fixes Here - Check to see if your PlayStation 4 is up to date with the PlayStation Update 1.62. If it is not, apply the new system update,

and go through the process in order to re-update Warframe. This should allow for the patch to apply properly.

Cannot Connect to Server:

-This has been reported by multiple users of the PlayStation 4 console since the new update has been applied.

A step to fix this could be restarting the PS4 by turning it off and back on.

I will continue to post bugs as they are being filed in by users.

Reports of this increasing, and it sounds awful sorry to hear.

In your recollection of these experiences, does Client/Host seem to matter to you? Does it happen every time? It's not related to void based on reports (Tethra's Doom reports, etc).

Rebecca, is it possible to get this topic stickied or tacked to the top so we can keep track of this topic as the reports come in? I am constantly update posting my original post so that we may keep a precise list on the bugs and possible fixes.

I enjoy playing Warframe but this last update has me going crazy. I have updated to 12.4.4 and have a few major issues.

Constant disconnects which only last a couple seconds then I have to reconnect to server.I probably get at least 2 disconnects an hour. The worst part it doesn't matter what I am doing, mission, at the market, foundry, even mastery.

The second problem is mastery rank up. I am only on the marksmanship test. I have passed the test twice and right after the mission it asks me if I want to rank up again and have to wait another 24 hours without gaining level 6. I have no real reason to play considering it wont go toward any mastery while leveling up and such. 

Time to play a new game.

I enjoy playing Warframe but this last update has me going crazy. I have updated to 12.4.4 and have a few major issues.

Constant disconnects which only last a couple seconds then I have to reconnect to server.I probably get at least 2 disconnects an hour. The worst part it doesn't matter what I am doing, mission, at the market, foundry, even mastery.

The second problem is mastery rank up. I am only on the marksmanship test. I have passed the test twice and right after the mission it asks me if I want to rank up again and have to wait another 24 hours without gaining level 6. I have no real reason to play considering it wont go toward any mastery while leveling up and such. 

Time to play a new game.

This is a bug that does occur off and on, but is not frequent. Something you can do is load your profile first by clicking profile, and then taking your test. I've had this happen a few times, and that fixed it for me. Your XP actually does still go towards your mastery even if you do not rank up, GettinStr8Nasty. I suggest just trying what I stated. I actually had to take two rank up tests in one day because of this bug once, but to me it didn't take the enjoyment away. I hope my suggestion works for you.

im experencing all these issues ONLY SINCE TETHRAS DOOM UPDATE!! tho before this update i was fine never disconection problem is there any news wen its going to be fixed every time after a mission i get logged out.... could not get reciepts from sever data not saved ect ect. whats going on guys

Even after the mystery patch was downloaded and installed today I'm still getting Failed to connect to server, you will be logged out messages constantly while on the menu, talking in chat, using the arsenal etc.  8 times today alone, and I only played for about 3 hours.  Never had this issue last patch, or since I started playing.  Definitely something from this update.

Worse, I'm still getting "could not connect to server, progress was not saved" after about 50% of my missions.  2 out of the 3 games I played today ended in that.  This problem rarely happened prior to update 12, but now it is a constant concern and worry.  It makes me not want to play this amazing game.  I've submitted numerous support tickets with both screen shot and video evidence so hopefully DE can get some of the stuff I lost back, but that is a long shot.  Frankly, you guys really need a multi stage saving process. 

Perhaps you guys need some redundancies on your account upgrading system. Attempt to establish and upload info once missions completes (first reward screen in game) then attempt a second time once you hit the star chart (what you guys seem to only do now) and just for good measure, attempt a third time 10 seconds later. If a return saying the data was received isn't given by your servers, store the data until next login then try and update until a return saying account info was received.

For the record, these last two instances were a hosted (that no one joined) alert, and a 3 player Tethra's Doom Earth match that another player hosted.  Host doesn't matter, match type doesn't matter (has happened on survivals, star chart progression, event maps, void... everywhere).  The game is basically unplayable right now, but damn if I'm not giving it the college try.

- Since Tethra's doom update wall climbing is no longer possible for extended hights.

- Host migration at the start of the game causes the previous host to get no points what so ever , happened to me yesterday, invited people to VOID, game started, Host migration kicked in, lag was terrible after that, I got 0 points :(

Mentioned already but the sound has gone really really bad, constantly cutting out and sometimes no sound for several seconds :(

Edited by (PS4)Ew_Tux

I have 2 things, I think. This is also on the PS4

First, are the Dual Cestra Pitol blue print off the market. It was there before the update and after it was gone, (I finaly had my second pistol to create with the blue print and it is gone out of the market.) If not I have 3 Cestra pistols and now nothing to do with them. :(

2nd. Sorry ps4 users. I keep getting 2 daily logins within minuets to a hour apart from each other. I won't get the first match of the day bonus twice.

I though maybe it wasn't syncing up and for my 24hour log in is different different then your systems. But then it started at one point if I logged in at 7am in the morning then abetween 5-7 pm I would get another one.

I have posted this somewhere else too, not sure if its already mentioned, but after last update (TETHRA'S DOOM) my region changed... to which one ? I have no idea, theres only a couple of players, around 15 players?, there is no bots on any of the chat sections, none talks etc. I have tried changing the PS4's language to see if I get on a different region but with no luck. Before the update the chat window was alway crowded with live and conversations,  and recruitment, now is dead...

Please either fix it as it was before the last update or at least give us an in game option to choose between regions.

This is a bug that does occur off and on, but is not frequent. Something you can do is load your profile first by clicking profile, and then taking your test. I've had this happen a few times, and that fixed it for me. Your XP actually does still go towards your mastery even if you do not rank up, GettinStr8Nasty. I suggest just trying what I stated. I actually had to take two rank up tests in one day because of this bug once, but to me it didn't take the enjoyment away. I hope my suggestion works for you.

Thanks for the help I'll see if your suggestions work out and the additional information you gave me about XP.

Failed to Save Data or Update Profile:

-This has been coming in increased amounts on the forums of users who are completing Void missions as well as Orokin

Missions. The cause of this error is unknown at the time. Occurs only upon completion of Void missions. Only a few reports of

this occuring in Tethra's Doom related missions. Will update if this is more widespread. 

The above is not true in my case.  I have had this problem doing normal alerts and standard missions.  I was helping a friend defeat Vay Hek for oberon parts and got this exact error and the end.

I also get disconnected from the servers even while trying to update mods.  All of this started at 12.4.4, before this patch I never had disconnects.

FYI - Nat Type 1, PS4 in DMZ, using Google DNS servers, 24mbps DSL with AT&T