The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector Is Now Canon

I'm skipping over the next 2 pages in case any of you decide to spoil the game for me...

>:(

I've put on my steam wish list. Going to wait for the spring sale around the corner in case it's reduced. So want to give it ago since it has the technocyte virus and such in it. Also I'm pretty sure I heard DE mention that Dark Sector shares relevance to Warframe. Which is why I'm ever more intrigued to play it.

edit:

Also apparently there is a lotus symbol on the cover art.

edit edit;

I'm going to build myself a glaive now... He is holding one in his hand and now I want it. xD

Edited by Sutherland

They never said Dark Sector and Warframe don't share lore. They said Warframe is a spiritual successor and that they haven't decided on any direct connections YET. They made their decision, and if you're denying it you're just kidding yourself. This isn't CERN, its a video game forum. Nothing is as complicated as you make it seem. If you're comparing seasonal gimmicks to something straight out of Dark Sector just go home.

Until DE confirms anything, it is just as much canon as the Candy Cane polearm skins.

It (the skin) could just be a nod towards Dark Sector.

We'll see how it pans out.

Warframe Lore

It’s without surprise that the Proto Armor has raised questions about the Lore of Warframe. For many players, Dark Sector was the beginning. The Proto Armor has indicated that yes, Dark Sector and Warframe are inextricably linked. Stay tuned for more!

So, in the previous livestream devs said a piece of lore will be released in the next week's update. Proto Armor skin is released. People still denying the evidence. Megan confirms strong links between Dark Sector & Warframe in the same week's hot topics thread. People still deny the fact. So yeah... This debate is pretty much pointless.

So, in the previous livestream devs said a piece of lore will be released in the next week's update. Proto Armor skin is released. People still denying the evidence. Megan confirms strong links between Dark Sector & Warframe in the same week's hot topics thread. People still deny the fact. So yeah... This debate is pretty much pointless.

People are still denying it? I guess it must be elsewhere, they seem to have shut up around here.

This ∆

Except for that:

Warframe Lore

It’s without surprise that the Proto Armor has raised questions about the Lore of Warframe. For many players, Dark Sector was the beginning. The Proto Armor has indicated that yes, Dark Sector and Warframe are inextricably linked. Stay tuned for more!

He's still our Progenitor.

So Papa Hayden i'll call him.  Lel.

I'm of the mind that the relationship between Hayden Tenno and the Warframe Tenno is similar to the relationship between the Generation 1 and Generation 2 Death Knights in Warcraft - they share a theme and some powers, but their powers come from two separate sources entirely and Generation 2 was not spawned out of Generation 1.

Or at least something to that effect, but for the moment it IS confirmed that Hayden's actions in Dark Sector had some sort of effect on the world that is at least part of the reason things are the way they are now.

I think we're physiologically like him.

Aye, that I can agree with, following this course of thought (I ought to just make this it's own thread already XD):

Just finished watching a Dark Sector playthrough, and here's what I've pieced together:

SPOILER WARNINGS ARE G0D:

and cookies are Jesus

Mezner's attempt to activate/collect all the Infected went through successfully, partially due to the fact that the Technocyte developed its own sentience somewhere along the way because of his tampering (hence how Mezner was seemingly reanimated after Hayden killed him) and it was able to continue the transmission. For whatever reason, Hayden was able to resist it, so he was able to go on to do whatever he did while it spread across the rest of the world - I base this off of the final line being "that was how it started"; SOMETHING began that day, and without a strong indication that Hayden was able to STOP the transmission from collecting the Infested I think we can assume that it was whatever Mezner (or, perhaps, more appropriately: the Technocyte Virus) was out to do.

So what we then have are the humans of earth fighting against a new breed of monster. Millions were likely wiped out, leaving only a handful (comparatively speaking) that, like Hayden, were able to resist the greater infection to some extent (maybe not have powers as well, but were at least not consumed by it). They grew, and over time they became strong enough to forge and Empire (the Orokin Empire) - humanity was changed in its coming, now they were the Orokin (which is why it could be said, by them looking back and thinking of the previous humans not as a separate thing but as Orokin as well to some degree, the Orokin (humans) developed the Technocyte - that or it was later rediscovered by them). Around this time you also had the formation of the original Tenno Order, in whatever form it came in.

THEN enter the Sentients, and whatever they are, to wage war against the Orokin. The war goes HORRIBLY wrong for the Orokin, and so they turn to the Tenno order, take children with the highest concentration of Technocyte in them (and, by extension, the most likely to develop some sort of powers) and sent them into the Void to try and supercharge those powers or get them to mature to some degree - or perhaps this all happened BEFORE the Sentients showed up and they were simply looking to test out a few theories with Orokin test subjects? We'll have to see.

Either way: the war rages, the Tenno and their Orokin-created Warframes fight back. It rages for years, and in that time the Tenno develop their own society within the Orokin, which leads to the production of new Tenno with different powers (via Sci Fi genetics) and to the Tenno design of Warframes (the regular frames, in contrast to the Orokin Prime). The Tenno are victorious, they then turn against the Orokin for whatever reason, and then lock themselves into cryosleep.

Fast forward thousands upon thousands of years into the future: the Tenno begin to awake, their memories damages/completely wiped by the extended Cryosleep (versus the in-out sort of sleep the Stalker presumably had that allowed him to last this long), and find themselves where we are now. Making the decisions that we make now.

It will take more lore to fully determine what adds up and what needs alteration, but I think this is as good a place as any to start with a chronological progression.

But I DON'T think that we're like his great-great-great-grandchildren or something like that.

Except for that:

Dark Sector and Warframe are inextricably linked

This is nothing new. We knew there is a level of spiritual succession and shared themes, but the skin description was missing some vital points... like mentioning Hayden Tenno at all, or taking into consideration the parts of the story that just simply don't match up. I suppose what I am trying to say here, is yes, even if the worlds are linked, Hayden Tenno is still not the first Tenno, as he never went to the void to earn his powers, or was encased in a Warframe as we know them in this game.

It simply does not make sense. The information we are getting is both frustratingly vague as well as contradictory and spasmodic. The addition of this skin does not clear up anything, it just causes more frustration and argument.