The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Terrible Fps Constantly

(PSN)MorbidSoul

Since the game launched on the PS4 i have been complaining about the poor FPS and performance of this game. I was relaxed for a few months about it but it's now the end of March and still the game is the exact same. There has been no improvements to me on the FPS or performance.

The game for me is unplayable. When you see what the game is like on the PC compared to PS4, they are worlds apart.

The PS4 is 1 set of hardware so if you can get great performance from the PC version why can't you do it for the PS4 version.

I put money into the game when it first came out and i checked out the game again with this new patch but it's still the same and i can't play like this.

Digital Extremes do you actually care about the performance of your game on PS4? This is an action 3rd person shooter that needs a steady 60fps and atm it's more like 15-20fps. Totally unacceptable and i'm keeping sick of keep saying it.

I like this game and have invested money so i want to enjoy it but it's impossible for me to do so.

Playing in the void (md, exterminate, survival) has been a terrible experience so far. I get often: single digit fps, low definition textures, control delay, glitchy sound and blue screens.

It's supposed to be a next-gen game holding 30~60 fps easily with particles effects and clean sound. I really hope the developers will focus on performance and stability.

It doesn't make sense to have loads of new stuff and a unplayable game.

Please focus on getting our experience better or you probably will be crashed by other games in the long run, some titles? Destiny, Evolve, Deep Down...

Playing in the void (md, exterminate, survival) has been a terrible experience so far. I get often: single digit fps, low definition textures, control delay, glitchy sound and blue screens.

It's supposed to be a next-gen game holding 30~60 fps easily with particles effects and clean sound. I really hope the developers will focus on performance and stability.

It doesn't make sense to have loads of new stuff and a unplayable game.

Please focus on getting our experience better or you probably will be crashed by other games in the long run, some titles? Destiny, Evolve, Deep Down...

Yup exactly.

Technically game is out of beta state since the trophy patch and performance wise it works like DOGS#&$ aka the same way when I downloaded it for th first time ! It doesn't have any breathtaking graphics yet it can't achieve playable framerate. Weird part is people are willing to drop money 0_o and pretend to play this 15fps slideshow

Personally I'm just waiting for Warthunder and Planetside 2 from the microtransactions deparement and I woulnd't be surprised if decent chunk of people will stop paying this title by the end of the year.

Edited by (PS4)IDazzlerazzle

Technically game is out of beta state since the trophy patch and performance wise it works like DOGS#&$ aka the same way when I downloaded it for th first time ! It doesn't have any breathtaking graphics yet it can't achieve playable framerate. Weird part is people are willing to drop money 0_o and pretend to play this 15fps slideshow

Personally I'm just waiting for Warthunder and Planetside 2 from the microtransactions deparement and I woulnd't be surprised if decent chunk of people will stop paying this title by the end of the year.

It's just impossible to enjoy any game with FPS like this. I've actually resorted to selling off all my PS4 content for PC content because i do have a high end PC and it plays amazingly on there. There's such a massive difference because they actually spent time to optimise for PC, but how they cannot get a deceant steady FPS on 1 set of hardware on PS4 is insane and unacceptable.

Since they hotfixed the crashing problem, I've been having horrible FPS in void missions and sometimes even in regular missions (when I only had this problem sporadically before). It´s like they fix something and break another. Dont get me wrong I rather have bad FPS than hard crashes on my PS4, but I can say that the game is not enjoyable to play atm. Love the game but getting less interested in playing a game with so many problems, hope they and at least acknowledge the problem, andfix this soon, starting to feel like a paying beta tester.

Since they hotfixed the crashing problem, I've been having horrible FPS in void missions and sometimes even in regular missions (when I only had this problem sporadically before). It´s like they fix something and break another. Dont get me wrong I rather have bad FPS than hard crashes on my PS4, but I can say that the game is not enjoyable to play atm. Love the game but getting less interested in playing a game with so many problems, hope they and at least acknowledge the problem, andfix this soon, starting to feel like a paying beta tester.

They did acknowledge the problems a long time ago and said they did improvements to it, but since launch for me nothing has changed in terms of FPS or performance.

My ports are forwarded aswell and ping limit set to 200.

It's now the end of March and i have all but given up on it

• 2 weeks later...

I kinda want to make a suggesstion post about making the game 900p or something to stable out the framerate.  I'm not a programmer, but it seems games like Battlefield 4 benefited from a lower resolution to give a more stable, high framerate.  Maybe even lock the game at 1080p/30fps.  So far it seems that any game that isn't a small indie game can't legitally do a stable 1080p/60fps on PS4, the closest being Tomb Raider: DE and FFXIV (from my experience).

I've started to just solo play now, since doing anything with people seems to kill the framerate.  Hopefully DE can one day sit down and sort something out.

Believe it or not, i turned the syndana off all of my frames and the framerate improved.  Before i did this my framerate was awful, now it's a lot better

Really? I'll have to give that a go, see if it matters, but I agree, many levels are unplayable with others. It's a good looking game, but you can't tell me it's as complicated as Tomb Raider. Optimize.... Better melee means nothing at 5fps

I kinda want to make a suggesstion post about making the game 900p or something to stable out the framerate.  I'm not a programmer, but it seems games like Battlefield 4 benefited from a lower resolution to give a more stable, high framerate.  Maybe even lock the game at 1080p/30fps.  So far it seems that any game that isn't a small indie game can't legitally do a stable 1080p/60fps on PS4, the closest being Tomb Raider: DE and FFXIV (from my experience).

I've started to just solo play now, since doing anything with people seems to kill the framerate.  Hopefully DE can one day sit down and sort something out.

It's not running at 1080p now.

I've also got a problem with sound dropping out (doesn't effect any other games).

The performance is so bad on PS4 that I've abandoned it and moved to PC.

I think everyone is experiencing this and it seems to only happen if you are NOT hosting.

Since I play with friends I usually host, and never lag, they get some but I have decent internets so it's not terrible for them. it's not 60fps and the fps isn't constant, but it's usually 30+ when I host.

This game had a very high FPS when i started to play it, but now its broken

The frame rate is horrid at times, i just played a round of Tower mobile defense, and the frame rate was <8 FPS all the time even when i was alone, just me on the screen, Some times the frame rate would drop even below that, making the game unplayable. I spent a money on this game and I  want it to be playable, seems the FPS gets worse after each update.

I do not know, seems this game runs from 1-60 FPS mostly staying above 30-fps mark but very often  its horrid, before you tell me to get this on my PC, I do not run Windows and even if I had windows, my dual core Gt430 Desktop ( or quad core laptop) would not handle this game.  

I really hope the frame rate can be improved a lot.

After playing infamous second son and other games on the PS4 that look a lot better in every aspect than this game. I have a hard time thinking its the PS4 that cant handle the game above 8 fps. Clearly this is down to a broken graphics engine.

Same similar experience but not entirely bad as long as I am playing with friends or clan members within somewhat a close enough region :P Only problems I seem to find myself with is broken sound every so often or almost unplayable void/derelict runs. 

I agree that the game still requires some console optimization but won't agree with it being entirely broken. All ports at times, great or small have issues due to being optimized and coded for a newer or different system, we'll just have to wait and see if the fabled U13 brings the answers we all seek.

Either way, do your best to keep yourself mitigated with some steps such as hosting, solo or even perhaps testing different connections (wired/wireless) and see if anything helps. Best step that works for me 90% of the time, not playing with anyone outside the clan, most members I know of don't have to bad a connection and even some random players have met had stable enough net to enjoy a good tower 3 or ODD once in awhile.

Maybe the devs should consider focusing on fixing this as they seem to be losing players for the ps4 version.

i play on ps4 and my fav weapon is bow ... yay ... NOT - try using a bow when the fps drops below 10, ruining my time with the game

Someone said update 13 on pc fixed framerates majorly.

one can only hope it does the same for ps4.

I played around with port settings and now my fps is much better, 60? fps and hovering i assume over 50 fps for the most part.

I do not know how this could affect the FPS?

But it seems to have, or i have just been matched with people that is near me? 

But even so it seems that the frame rate depends on the  Internet connection speed. And not that the graphics engine is over stressed or that the PS4 HW is to slow to handle this.

Something strange is going on, I  have played lots of 60fps online games, even when the other players have a huge a mount of lag, it never slowed down on my side, tho it would look like the other players would jump around the map like crazy.

I believe some are confusing lag which is network related with frame rate which is hard where related. What @Mitran described sonds more like lag, but I could be completely wrong. In which case im just trying to find solutions until the problems are fixed hopefully in the next update.

At times the game more resembles a Powerpoint presentation, like I can actually count the seconds aloud between frames. Naturally, it's unplayable in this state - controller inputs simply don't register or take upwards of 2 seconds (!) to do so. I love Warframe, I really do.. but this is not acceptable.

No more content updates until performance is improved and stable -  I don't care if we're 5 months behind PC because it's worthless if the whole thing craps the bed under the slightest strain.

Biggest effect I find is when I join a game and the player is from a different region.  I play a lot with friends from my town and have no issues (unless they are downloading stuff in the back ground) but as soon as I go into an online game BAM FPS is horrendous.

We have to remember this is not server based, the game is running on a client (HOST) machine so if any of the people connecting have a bad connection it will affect all players EXCEPT the host.

Hopefully they will develop better match making to stick to specific regions.

One fix that might work is switching from wifi and using a Lan cable. I was having these issues and now I don't except in the void.

I agree.  In my experience (years of console FPS games), no game that you play with or against other players should be run on wifi... as the connection speeds will never be as good as a direct connection.