The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crazy Thought For The Infested (Corpse Fusion)

Morec0

Another idea I just thought of:

What if when you killed Infested, instead of them just dissipating like normal enemies, they were to start to combine? You have to shoot their bodies and kill them again before they finish or else a new, tougher and more monstrous creature will be form from the 2+ corpses (this wouldn't be allowed to happen again with the newer, tougher monster).

Of course, there could be other ways to handle it: dissipating them by force. This would include abilities like Nekros' Desecrate, Nova's Molecular Prime, and Saryn's Miasma. The corpses would melt instantly and be stopped from forming.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Morec0

Imagine a mobile def/def/survival missions with none of the warframe mentioned above.... *shudders*

Well, any serious survival group has a Nekros, and for the rest there's the "keep shooting it and it'll eventually STAY dead" stipulation - so AoE weapons would shine.

Upgraded forms of Infested gain ranged attacks and attack similar to our Infested weapons, or like Lephantis'.

Poison clouds, mob spawners, giant scythes?

Lephantis was the source of inspiration for this, but I hesitated to name names because I didn't want people to picture little Lephantis' everywhere while reading this (at least not BECAUSE OF ME).

Well, any serious survival group has a Nekros, and for the rest there's the "keep shooting it and it'll eventually STAY dead" stipulation - so AoE weapons would shine.

Lephantis was the source of inspiration for this, but I hesitated to name names because I didn't want people to picture little Lephantis' everywhere while reading this (at least not BECAUSE OF ME).

Little Lephantis' swarming around in an MD... *shudder*

But the dissection possibilities!

Oh, dude, I am most definitely not against it~ 

Just imagine the fun & scares you get in those kind of teams XD

Edited by Veridantus

I've been trying to get an answer out of DE regarding the rapid decomposition of corpses of any race in game and whether that is just the game engine saving resources or if there there's a connection to the t-cyte nanite virus attacking exposed organic matter to harvest material/energy for its own purpose.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

*Offers Glass of Cold Greedy milk* Chill out bro

*slap glass away*

DISREGARD GREEDY MILK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ACQUIRE VOREOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been trying to get an answer out of DE regarding the rapid decomposition of corpses of any race in game and whether that is just the game engine saving resources or if there there's a connection to the t-cyte nanite virus attacking exposed organic matter to harvest material/energy for its own purpose.

I've always figured it's just the way the game works, just like enemy body disappearance in any other game.

That's a nice idea, although there's space issues for indoor maps, and probably add an infested type that can trigger the corpse fusion 'cause we might not want corpses to revive as mini-lephantises in every tile we encounter

That's a nice idea, although there's space issues for indoor maps, and probably add an infested type that can trigger the corpse fusion 'cause we might not want corpses to revive as mini-lephantises in every tile we encounter

Wouldn't BE Lephantis exactly, would be a new creature entirely - perhaps depending on what dead infested you allow to fuse? And, as I said: you can keep them from reviving through certain abilities/just shooting their bodies until they die again. So it's not a GUARANTEED thing that you'll HAVE to put up with that.

I'm not saying that they'd fuse to become Lephantis-sized monsters either, at most I'm thinking about as big as Ancients (maybe slightly bigger, making them quadrupedal would help solve the issue as well).

Wouldn't BE Lephantis exactly, would be a new creature entirely - perhaps depending on what dead infested you allow to fuse? And, as I said: you can keep them from reviving through certain abilities/just shooting their bodies until they die again. So it's not a GUARANTEED thing that you'll HAVE to put up with that.

I'm just using mini-lephantises as placeholders here, although I honestly thought they would be Phorid sized, just imagine that running in a corpus ship hall

I'd like this type of monster.

Heck... I'd even force them to fuse.

It would (and I may regret pointing this out) be a valid strategy for farming more mods, as the new creatures would likely have their own drop tables as well.

1st Infested 2.0 AKA range infested, stronger infested, faster infested, scarier infested maps, and flying infested.

2nd your idea

3rd make infested scary

4th Profit

Your welcome. <3

Between the 1st and 2nd I think the third is met XD