The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Crazy Thought For The Infested (Corpse Fusion)

Morec0

It would (and I may regret pointing this out) be a valid strategy for farming more mods, as the new creatures would likely have their own drop tables as well.

nah... I won't mind what it will drop. I want to see the brute where I want my weapons to sink in.

Would be interesting idea though let me guess... Dead Space much?

Aye, the idea kinda came from there. Although I got more of a Resident Evil vibe as I was writing it.

Perhaps. I'm digging this idea. 

The only problem I have with this is that you have to carry around a Nova, Nekros or Saryn (not like anyone doesn't have Nova anyways). 

You don't HAVE to, did you gloss over that the corpses can be continued to shot while they're fusing in order to keep them from resurrecting? This is the main way, Nova, Nekros, and Saryn ARE the alternatives.

Well that's news I never thought I'd hear from a Warframe player XD

I never cared much about the drop rates when it comes to special units, like the stalker-type. Him, Harvey, G3... They can crash in and take it as a challenge. Doesn't matter if they drop nothing.

Edited by faustias

Unless there is a reasonable way for other classes to finish off the infested, this would just mean that you have to bring an infested killer and it would become boring and just another requirement. Being able to shoot the corpses just means that if you don't have the aoe frame, you just need to bring the aoe weapon and that's less choice.

I'd rather there be a certain chance that killing an infested would trigger all surrounding infested material to start to coalesce and by firing at them you could slow it down, possibly forever if you kept firing at it, but only certain types of damage would actually effect it. Those damage types would ideally be normally bad against infested, so when you go on an infested mission, you have to make a choice or have a sidearm that is good against killing the minibosses.

I like the idea, I just am worried that it would just become another "requirement" mechanic for a mission(like being necros for survival) that wouldn't make the game anymore fun and just reduce player choice.

Edited by Ourobor

Unless there is a reasonable way for other classes to finish off the infested, this would just mean that you have to bring an infested killer and it would become boring and just another requirement. Being able to shoot the corpses just means that if you don't have the aoe frame, you just need to bring the aoe weapon and that's less choice.

I'd rather there be a certain chance that killing an infested would trigger all surrounding infested material to start to coalesce and by firing at them you could slow it down, possibly forever if you kept firing at it, but only certain types of damage would actually effect it. Those damage types would ideally be normally bad against infested, so when you go on an infested mission, you have to make a choice or have a sidearm that is good against killing the minibosses.

I like the idea, I just am worried that it would just become another "requirement" mechanic for a mission(like being necros for survival) that wouldn't make the game anymore fun and just reduce player choice.

You don't HAVE to bring an AoE weapon, you don't HAVE to bring an AoE frame, you don't HAVE to bring any of those things. It's COMPLETELY manageable even without them, just requires a bit more of a step.

And if your idea requires just as much of a limiting choice, how can you call me out on it without being hypocritical?

The way I see my idea: the ideal damage type against them (slash, viral, whatever) remains the same even when they're dead, so just keep shooting at the group once you've mowed it down (because it's NOT hard to mow the Infested down with a properly built weapon) and you're good.

You don't HAVE to bring an AoE weapon, you don't HAVE to bring an AoE frame, you don't HAVE to bring any of those things. It's COMPLETELY manageable even without them, just requires a bit more of a step.

And if your idea requires just as much of a limiting choice, how can you call me out on it without being hypocritical?

The way I see my idea: the ideal damage type against them (slash, viral, whatever) remains the same even when they're dead, so just keep shooting at the group once you've mowed it down (because it's NOT hard to mow the Infested down with a properly built weapon) and you're good.

Weapons and frames require you to build them and be forced to use them whereas mods apply to anything. I don't want to be forced to bring an AoE weapon or frame just to make infested easier. Your favorite weapon can be an Infested Mass killer with the correct mods. I want to bring my favorite gear and be rewarded for being prepared. Plus, it also would make my sidearm actually have use, which is a nice bonus.

Weapons and frames require you to build them and be forced to use them whereas mods apply to anything. I don't want to be forced to bring an AoE weapon or frame just to make infested easier. Your favorite weapon can be an Infested Mass killer with the correct mods. I want to bring my favorite gear and be rewarded for being prepared. Plus, it also would make my sidearm actually have use, which is a nice bonus.

Why not make your sidearm the AoE one? Bring the weapon you like to kill regularly, but to stop the fusing throw on Acrid or the Stug? You're gonna have to bring certain damage types/mods to do good against higher level enemies anyway, this just adds another cool mechanic that adds onto what you can do with those weapons and mods.

Why not make your sidearm the AoE one? Bring the weapon you like to kill regularly, but to stop the fusing throw on Acrid or the Stug? You're gonna have to bring certain damage types/mods to do good against higher level enemies anyway, this just adds another cool mechanic that adds onto what you can do with those weapons and mods.

Because I want to bring my favorite gear? A lot of people who play this game hate that kind of thinking. I hate the soma/penta/ogris just because they're "the best weapons". I don't want to be forced to bring a particular weapon just because it's better. Ideally, no weapon in this game should be better than any other weapon. It should all be a personal choice as to which gear you bring.

Because I want to bring my favorite gear? A lot of people who play this game hate that kind of thinking. I hate the soma/penta/ogris just because they're "the best weapons". I don't want to be forced to bring a particular weapon just because it's better. Ideally, no weapon in this game should be better than any other weapon. It should all be a personal choice as to which gear you bring.

I disagree from a gameplay AND a story standpoint. While it would indeed be neat to use anything against any enemy effectively (and I do this myself from time to time, tbh), there are just some types of weapons that WOULD be more effective against certain foes. You wouldn't use something magnetic against a creature that is just flesh, after all, it wouldn't do jack, and likewise the Rock-Paper-Scissors system reflects that as well. Your weapon is built for maximum effect against a foe, after all.

Would be pain to implement, but i would love to see something like this.

A potential implementation means I'd considered instead of the corpses just gaining their own health bar could be a sort of "pod" that is spawned in the center of the dead group that the tougher infested would spawn out of - kinda like those things in the Lephantis fight.