Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

While there does need to be a bit of calming of the jimmies here, I do have to partially agree with some others here.  If the patch was still being worked on yesterday, they should of said flat out it wasn't ready.  The issue isn't so much 'we don't have patience' it's the fact that they hype us up with comments and vids and the likes (Which is normally awesome), then don't tell us it's a no go until the absolute last second, which means a whole lot of people wasted a whole lot of time, and that does make people cranky.

Not just that, throughout the week they have said the update was going to come next week. Delaying it now would be outright lieing to the community and that is a horrible thing in the buiseness world. 

This is a shoot or be shot moment for the DE, if they don't shoot soon they will be shot multiple times by fanbase.

I don't think you guys understand...

The DE promised there fans a update before the day was over in canada which is in 3 hours, if they don't do this it will hurt the game drastically and destroy most of the trust that the community has for the DE. This is not a little deal this is a huge deal! They can't blow this or they will lose fans and loose money.

They lost fans when they delayed it last week and lost money to! Doing it again but outright lieing to the community would be just outright horrible and scar this game for life!

Drama. . . king/queen?

If a late patch is enough to make you lose your trust in a company then I'm glad I have stronger foundations than you.

On release day...if they thought it was not going to be ready... They SHOULD say something. I am hyped, but I could have just went to bed after I studied, instead of you know, waiting.

It'd be good if they'd be more transparent about it. Another three hour window isn't "almost done". Just be open about the scope of Melee 2.0. If it really requires more weeks to finish, if that, or even more days, just be open about it.

yes. yes C# is horrible

but i had to start somewhere(i'm lucky they didnt make us do binary!)

i have done some coding in C++ and we've read about Java. but Java is next semester and for C++ we are still working on that now (my respect to whoever had to code this stuff originally without guide books!)

this semester is mostly network security, packet sniffing(its not what it sounds likes), and SAP(buisness end)

That's cute kiddo. Have fun with student loan debt. I recommend making less assumptions about people you don't know at your first job interview. My get you the job if you learn a little caution for the next time you make an incorrect assumption about someone. ;) Edited by Kaerakh

The thing that I just don't get is that the industry and indeed the world lives and dies by meeting deadlines. We are told our whole lives going through school that having "late" work is unacceptable and will not be tolerated when you get out into "the real world." The truth is that DE can just decide not to, I guess. It upsets me. Granted, I can't do anything but wait, so that's what I'll do.

I mean, I play Guild Wars 2, and ArenaNET doesn't miss an update ever, and they release content roughly every 2 weeks.

Usually I don't bash on the Devs, but this is just unacceptable by any means. Missing their first deadline on April 2nd was understandable, people make mistakes. But this deliberate delay of release that was suppose to happen yesterday is not only disappointing, but frustrating. I have no right to comment in regard to Devs' professionalism, but I just don't see how anyone can live with last minute resort (April 2nd BS countdown/ Last minute compensation Build Prepare Endure), and now missing a second deadline. The Devs can get away with April 2nd, but this is really getting out of hand.

If we continue to allow this sort of behavior to continue. We can soon expect this sort of behavior in every up-coming update. Sure, this is nowhere close to Vindictus/Nexon behavior, but enthusiasm dies in both directions, both Devs and Playerbase.

Go tell that to the devs yourself. Because im SURE you know what exactly what the hell they're doing to delay it. *sarcasm* Dont judge unless you know both sides of the story.

Edited by Genzaio

The DE promised there fans a update before the day was over in canada which is in 3 hours, if they don't do this it will hurt the game drastically and destroy most of the trust that the community has for the DE. This is not a little deal this is a huge deal! They can't blow this or they will lose fans and loose money.

They lost fans when they delayed it last week and lost money to! Doing it again but outright lieing to the community would be just outright horrible and scar this game for life!

I think you are severely exaggerating here. New players will have never heard of it, old players will forget about it in a month. Get real xD

The hype lives on!

how is it lying if they honestly thought it would be ready on time then discovered stuff that needed fixing? i would bet 50 bucks you would be one of the 1st to start complaining if something important didnt work like it was supposed to right from the get go in other words? lay off buddy

It'd be good if they'd be more transparent about it. Another three hour window isn't "almost done". Just be open about the scope of Melee 2.0. If it really requires more weeks to finish, if that, or even more days, just be open about it.

thats my only gripe really, I wouldnt care about even a full day delay; so long as the time I was told was correct and plan accordingly XD

Not just that, throughout the week they have said the update was going to come next week. Delaying it now would be outright lieing to the community and that is a horrible thing in the buiseness world. 

This is a shoot or be shot moment for the DE, if they don't shoot soon they will be shot multiple times by fanbase.

hey if there is problems with the actual patch then there is nothing we can do but wait and thank them for all their hard work /or get upset and rage at them like a child/  I may have wasted my entier day waiting for the patch but they waisted a whole week and an entier day tring to get me that patch as fast as they can while also not skimping on quality I could wait another week if i have to

Drama. . . king/queen?

If a late patch is enough to make you lose your trust in a company then I'm glad I have stronger foundations than you.

You don't understand buiseness, do you realize how much hate they got from the greneer system? They didn't even promise a update and got 20 pages of hate.

This time they promised a update and if they don't deliver... Well i am pretty sure 1/10000 would leave which is about allot of paying costumers and allot of lost money. 

I personally am ok if it gets delayed, but this community would be permanently scar, and that is very huge for a professional business like Digital Extremes.