Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Grineer Systems Transmission And U13 Hype Megathread

Archistopheles

A witty update from DERedtext

"We're almost there, the Update needs just a little more time to finish cooking. Kind of like a meat platter -- if we served it too early you'd be hovering over a toilet for the next week."

Is it the type of meat that takes hours to cook?

Go tell that to the devs yourself. Because im SURE you know what exactly what the hell they're doing to delay it. *sarcasm* Dont judge unless you know both sides of the story.

I don't know that it was something they could have avoided, that's the point. the primary problem in the last delay was a lack of communication, now, it's happening all over again. 

That's all I'm saying.

If it's true there was some redtext somewhere saying they are shooting for midnight PST, THAT should have been said here, or via Twitter or via their Google Plus page or via their Facebook page or the official website new, not is some anonymous region chat that NO ONE can verify.

It doesn't take much to squash this sort of thing by being upfront about it.

Quite frankly, as odd as it sounds, I prefer to be as on time as possible, but when it comes to something like deadlines? Well... quite honestly, it's better to have something released and in great condition while being a bit late than it is to have something finished on time but be completely broken.

I mean, look at BF4. *cough*

Also, red text is right as I just finish typing this up:

"We're almost there, the Update needs just a little more time to finish cooking. Kind of like a meat platter--if we served it too early you'd be hovering over a toilet for the next week."

A bit late, he says. As of now its been over 8 weeks since melee 2.0 was initially to be done.

Edited by Seanjuju

Until you can actually prove something, whatever you choose to say here is unprovable. Not to mention that basing a business decision off forum activity is dangerously narrowminded.

Personally I'd call it a very clever and sensible business move not to release a product that is not considered by it's developers to be ready.

Also, please use a spellcheck.

Sparro, yes its a very good idea to release a product when its ready but its not a good idea to say your going to release a product then delay it because you thought you where ready but weren't. 

The reason DE has gotten away with things that most businesses would not is because there close to there community, but that can only do so much, lieing to a community is a very big deal and, can cause damage.

But that is just a theory that i am basing off businesses that aren't as fan-serviced as DE, but we will see what happens, i really hope they do ship this update when they say they do, because it will damage the community.

...I'm going to keep waiting patiently for it.

I knew this was coming.

I saw the title of your thread and though "Hmmm... maybe I should post a joke title thread like this saying I'll wait patiently.

Nah, he probably already did.

"We're almost there, the Update needs just a little more time to finish cooking. Kind of like a meat platter -- if we served it too early you'd be hovering over a toilet for the next week."

no-sword-fighting-t-shirt-vintage-t-shir

This isnt that situation, yes they are meant to meet deadlines no doubt but if it means they find bugs that need fixing or need to change the coding then it should be fine for a slight pushback. The problem with this community is that they cant wait, like at all. The moment something gets delayed i immediately see threads "WHEN IS IT COMING?" "WHY ISNT THE PATCH HERE?". They usually give us compensation for the delays and such. Hell they even gave us 2 potatoes and a forma the other day for winning the vote for warframe. 

Unless..

You're impatient and wait it to be released full of crappy visuals and full of bugs? Oh okay 

I get it, im a paying customer too, just chill and wait. It isn't hard.

Since you deny my hypothetical situation, why do you not create one yourself to justify Devs' 2nd delay of the update? If you cannot provide a logical example, my argument automatically validates itself. Devs deceived us with the first deadline, a child can see through the countdown scheme. Now they conspicuously lied to us, why, you may ask? It's due to the fact that they believe our patience and tolerance can be abused, and they indeed went ahead and abused them.

Sorry, but I am not one for being pushed around and have my trust abused. 

nice to see U here. thanks. ok. waitin' one more day - np.