Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Party Health Tabs - On/off, New Layout, Etc.

zelgaris

For MAG players it's also needed : the polarized shield skill is useless without a way to know when shields of allies are depleted.

Well basically now the ability is hard-to-impossible to use effectively, because even with Z. you can't tell, whether the have full shields or what...

Although this is slightly off topic I still think that having this sort of information can lead to a more enjoyable gameplay. As I've been playing some of my games have been quite good teamplay-wise. But one thing that often occurs is that when a teammate is downed everyone drops playing the objective and simply runs head first into gunblazing enemies to revive our fallen ally. What this does is in many cases is:

1 they barely make it out of there.

2 they end up dead 2 seconds after reviving

3 both/ all of them die

4 mission is failed as hostage/ defence objective is killed/destroyed.

5 the ones not rush-responding to their downed ally gets stuck in a really crappy situation.

Now if we had this sort of infromation available I think that it would result in much less and shorter situations where the team would get divided and seperatly have to fend off large quantitys of enemies.

Another thing that is of some importance though perhaps rarely occurring is the "out of ammo" situation. Maybe there could be some icons for differnt situations?

Out of ammo (1 & 2), poisoned, electrocuted (Seeker), Distortion (ancient disruptor), buring...

If downed - players info tab flashes red, a bar replaces the usual life-bar displaying remaining down-time before death. (perhaps a "down-icon")

If eletrecuted - players info tab sparks (possible electro timer/ icon)

if "forfietted" - players info tab is grayed out. Possibly reduced in size for better view (just name).

Just a few ideas.

Edited by Lactamid

Although this is slightly off topic I still think that having this sort of information can lead to a more enjoyable gameplay. As I've been playing some of my games have been quite good teamplay-wise. But one thing that often occurs is that when a teammate is downed everyone drops playing the objective and simply runs head first into gunblazing enemies to revive our fallen ally. What this does is in many cases is:

1 they barely make it out of there.

2 they end up dead 2 seconds after reviving

3 both/ all of them die

4 mission is failed as hostage/ defence objective is killed/destroyed.

5 the ones not rush-responding to their downed ally gets stuck in a really crappy situation.

Now if we had this sort of infromation available I think that it would result in much less and shorter situations where the team would get divided and seperatly have to fend off large quantitys of enemies.

Another thing that is of some importance though perhaps rarely occurring is the "out of ammo" situation. Maybe there could be some icons for differnt situations?

Out of ammo (1 & 2), poisoned, electrocuted (Seeker), Distortion (ancient disruptor), buring...

If downed - players info tab flashes red, a bar replaces the usual life-bar displaying remaining down-time before death. (perhaps a "down-icon")

If eletrecuted - players info tab sparks (possible electro timer/ icon)

if "forfietted" - players info tab is grayed out. Possibly reduced in size for better view (just name).

Just a few ideas.

Good ones, writing it down :)

Hard to say, what should be automatic and what should be triggered by players. Simple interface, where player can easily and fast inform other players about what is happening would be great.

Let's say hitting a hotkey, simple radial menu appears, where player chose by mouse (or by number) from select from "No Ammo", "Help!", "Mod here", "Resource here", "Go there", etc. (go and pointing commands would put a marker on the minimap or ping the minimap).

Right now, we can use chat for this, but it's not as fast as on would like :/

Or Portal 2 way, that was also great actually.

Sorry to say I havn't played portal 2, but a radial menu sounds fine by me. Some sort of commands like "go there", "defend", ok, aso. is needed.

Perhaps some sort of confirmation would be nice to have to (asking DEs for alot here I know).

Let's say Player one makes a waypoint order - go here / defend - player 2 and 3 says "ok" and then reach the objective.

Chat box: "Player 2 and 3 reached destination (possible direct or bonus xp at end of map for coop gameplay).

Of course this could be turned off for those who don't like it.

Edited by Lactamid

As far as I remember in Portal 2, you point at a place, you push and hold a button and then a simple context menu appears according to the object you are pointing too - it was pretty clever and really useful :)

But I assume it needs something less automatic here.

We can be happy we have at least "G" command now, but it's not enough for me and I believe supporting a coop play is the way to go, since Warframe is PvE coop shooter :)

Just had a thought about waypoints. Maybe the color could change depending on what you pointed to?

orange - go here/there, white - mod, blue - resource. (Doesn't have to be those colors but somthing like it).

That's a common problem with coming with ideas - there's a lot of ways to do it :D

+10! Want! :)

I agree it should be a toggle. "On" for people who want it and "off" when it's not desired. You've quite the talent, zelgaris. It looks real. And matches the look and feel just right.

Edited by Windbow

Looked into this post: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/17945-new-info-overlay-pics-inside/ about the "Push Z" function.

Although I think this is a 100% "Tab - scorescreen" some things make sense and should be considered.

Players should be listed in the same order and appear the same way on every screen.

Starting with the host (player one) always at the same place. This is indirect information but is of some use and good to know. And as mentioned in the other post...ghaaaa YES!! SHOW THE BLODDY PING!

I'm however fine with ping showing on a "Tab - score screen" and not while pressing Z.

Looked into this post: https://forums.warfr...ay-pics-inside/ about the "Push Z" function.

Although I think this is a 100% "Tab - scorescreen" some things make sense and should be considered.

Players should be listed in the same order and appear the same way on every screen.

Starting with the host (player one) always at the same place. This is indirect information but is of some use and good to know. And as mentioned in the other post...ghaaaa YES!! SHOW THE BLODDY PING!

I'm however fine with ping showing on a "Tab - score screen" and not while pressing Z.

Hehe already looked there and posted link to this topic there ;)

See, I support the Overlay screen with stuff I want to check sometimes, not stuff I want visible all the time.

The idea of host in the left position is good (it could also have some kind of icon or something).

For different status, I assume changing border or adding effects such electricity or blinking could help (not only it would look good but it will also show important information).

Brilliant!

+1

Sentinel status would be nice, but I can live without it if it means getting any of these other helpful changes.

I 100% agree. There should be a sentinel status just below your Warframes' status!

I 100% agree. There should be a sentinel status just below your Warframes' status!

That would also be good! I was puzzled a couple of times wondering: where the HEK did my sentinel go?! Bug?! Oh wait, maybe it died... :P

I like the streamlined health bar setup. I wish they were always on - then maybe your 'z' key would bring up a bit more detailed statistics like kills, ping, weapons, warframe, etc.

As you already saw, there is other similar thread for the TAB key.

I see the ideal situation with this ON/OFF on Z key and the detailed overlay from the other thread on TAB :)