Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Party Health Tabs - On/off, New Layout, Etc.

zelgaris

• 3 weeks later...

As already mentioned, toggle on/off was added for this, but I hope the current iteration is just temporary

1) (Already mentioned) It covers the default place of chat and the placement somewhere not even in the middle of the left border - why is it not aligned to bottom left corner like other stable HUD elements in corners.

2) It shows the player himself in addition to other players, which is completely unnecessary/redundant, because we already have the info somewhere else in HUD.

3) It is not compatible with ESC menu.

4) There is still the issue with portraits, because portraits don't represent currently used warframe in the mission. It's like playing World of Warcraft as Orc and having Blood Elf in portrait...

Yes it is a step toward better HUD, but just a small one :(

Edited by zelgaris

For myself, this by far the biggest annoyance for me UI wise The main issue I have with the current allies health window is that its directly over the chat window (which someone also mentioned earlier). So, often times i have to choose between being able to communicate with my squad or being able to watch over their health (I would also love if the blue armor bar is implemented).

And if i do choose to watch over my allie's health and decide to see if theres anything in the chat I have to close the allies window, open up a new chat window leaving myself vulnerable, then closing it again to bring back up the allies health window. Its just a very tedious problem.

Also, I would personally prefer to have the health meter under the player's health bar in the top right, since I prefer seeing all those health elements in the same area not across the screen from each other. But, either way as long as the chat window and allies health window is seperate I'll be happy haha.

• 1 month later...

Month ago, health bars for other players were added redesigned in a way we can now have the tabs always on - small hooray for us who wanted it, and use it on regular basis. Yet, in the typical warframe updating manner, the implementation is hardly good.

Because no progress was done, I just repost what I wrote earlier to bump this thread.

---

As already mentioned, toggle on/off was added for this, but I hope the current iteration is just temporary

1) (Already mentioned) It covers the default place of chat and the placement somewhere not even in the middle of the left border - why is it not aligned to bottom left corner like other stable HUD elements in corners.

2) It shows the player himself in addition to other players, which is completely unnecessary/redundant, because we already have the info somewhere else in HUD.

3) It is not compatible with ESC menu.

4) There is still the issue with portraits, because portraits don't represent currently used warframe in the mission. It's like playing World of Warcraft as Orc and having Blood Elf in portrait...

Yes it is a step toward better HUD, but just a small one :(

---

+ Also the placement of the tabs on the screen is just stupid, seriously. Look at all the other elements, how they are located in the three of four corners, yet for some reason, health tabs are just randomly left somewhere at the left border... Two months ago, I think Mr. Glenn, or another dev, told us, you got an proper UI designer for this job, when we can see his results?

+ there is still no onscreen bar for sentinel, which is kind of WTF for me - how long sentinels are implemented?

• 2 months later...

New patch with lot of UI tweaks, yet

1) we still can't use any gear, when we have party health tabs on (still have to close the party health tabs, use gear, reopen the tabs...)

2) and the party health tabs are overlapping the chat area

• 2 months later...

As a new player and lover of the Trinity class this would be massively helpful, although if it also showed an the energy bars of my team mates i could work a lot better with them, because as it is right now i have no idea when or which of my powers to use, so i just end up spamming bless whenever I can to make sure none of my team goes down.

I think DE is doing something similar to this in U.I 2.0 from what I saw from some screenshots in the early alpha stages. Though wouldn't be a bad idea to add this now just to make out fellow Tenno's lives a little easier :)

Since they are following the "better late" part from "better late than never" idiom, I don't think so :)

I just messed around with my Valkyr a bit and realized: Powers like Roar and Warcry should get an indicator in the top right corner, just like status effects. (Maybe green instead of red, since they are positive effects.) Warcry's graphical effect on the frame is almost innoticable at best and completely invisible when you have flames all around you and enemies exploding thanks to Molecular Prime. (Granted, I have a dark red as energy colour.) And I found myself wondering a few times, why my Valkyr suddenly glowed orange until I noticed the Rhino in my team roar.

Edited by Bibliothekar